IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 63: Teacher of Foolishness

10 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I got called to task by one of the fangirls for criticizing Lori's sardine meal, that it's the height of rudeness. 

I saw that! Wear it like a badge of honor @wallysmommy

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night I made gluten-free beef stew.  My daughter is not a fan of beef stew, so I made her sauteed chicken and broccoli and rice.  Tonight is taco tuesday.  Tomorrow is chicken tikka masala with biryani rice.  See Lori, working women CAN cook nourishing and tasty meals and not gross out or underfeed their families.   

Also, since she spends so much time on FB, she can look at healthy lunches and snacks that she can prepare quickly for her grandkids.  She is lazy AF. 

10 hours ago, Koala said:

I am half tempted to post a picture of those little baskets, to give Lori a clue of what she's missing out on by being so focused on controlling what people eat. 

Please do!!\

I have a question. Why is Lori always watching Erin and Ryan's kids? They seem to be always there. Granted, in a normal family there is nothing wrong with this scenario at ALL.   But Lori is always harping on how women have to be with their own children 100% of the time. I recall her arguing with a woman who worked a part time job 2 nights a weeks when her husband was home with the kids.   It worked for them but Lori argued up and down how it was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Also, so many examples of why it is wrong for women to have hobbies (she has many posts about how women's hobbies are standing in the way of being a good wife/mother Here's just one: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/03/giving-up-babies-for-hobbies.html )

But then in her recent video about having guests...she also talks of watching Emily's kids because she wanted to give her a break and let her go out with her SILs and "enjoy life a little and get a break." (on Alyssa's IG there was a story that featured Emily taking one of Alyssa's barre classes_  But she will argue with total strangers on the internet about how all this is terrible, awful and makes them a bad mother. 

Again in normal families I think these situations are perfectly normal.  But once again, Lori says one thing and practices another. 

8 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

But then in her recent video about having guests...she also talks of watching Emily's kids because she wanted to give her a break and let her go out with her SILs and "enjoy life a little and get a break."

I would like to see an explanation of that too. I thought in LoriLand women weren't allowed to enjoy life or take a break. Don't they have to constantly serve their owners penis bearers husbands? 

pAiN iS a GrEaT tEaChEr!!!

You know what? Me hitting my kids WOULD be worse than whatever my kids did because that's me, an adult, striking a child either because I lost my temper or because I couldn't come up with a more effective discipline technique, compared to a child, who did something inappropriate, either because they lack impulse control, patience, or whatever. So yeah, it'd be miles and miles worse. I'm far from a perfect parent and have made numerous mistakes along the way, but inflicting pain wasn't one of them (also, my kids are definitely not cowards, you vile woman).

Also, Lori has a new social media site, so there's that to look forward to.img.jpeg.b2f90a7c2db72ad5292e8f3d0045d750.jpeg

Lori Alexander has sadistic tendencies. Hitting children trains them how to bully and be cunning and fearful. True discipline, which involves teaching, is too much for a lazy-ass person like Lori. Inflicting physical pain should never be the objective of any parental contact with their child.

Sometimes I have to take a break from Lori Alexander, she spouts such evil directed at innocent and helpless children. Deleting a post to presumably Christian folks that recommends following Jesus, how transparently non-Christian can she be? Yet, gullible folks still seek her out. She represents the worst of fundidom and is a false teacher. I am older than her but she looks way older than me. Her unhealthy habits and negative mentality is definitely reflecting on her physically. Sometime, I just can't with her.

So which daughter/DIL is not into spanking their kids? And which one doesn't feed their kids the Lori way? Or limit their kids intake? Hmm.

Doesn't Lori always have a roasted chicken on hand? Isn't her fridge always full of fresh organic vegetables? Isn't there an orange tree in her backyard? 

So. Why not slice some of that roasted chicken for the kids, chop some raw veggies and allow the kids to dip them in her dressing? Heck go ahead and bake that yam and serve it to them with that million dollar butter. Let them eat a fresh orange in the backyard after supper.  Or, use that Einkorn bread to make chicken sandwiches. 

What Lori has told us with her little post is that she lacks imagination AND she has no intention of straying from her own supper routine to feed those grandkids.  You know; those grandkids that she just LOVES to watch because they bring her so much joy. 

Also, I don't think Ryan and Erin care what Lori feeds their kids or even how she treats them, just so they don't have to be bothered with them. We all know what kind of father Ryan is (based on Lori's description). Erin knows exactly what Lori is like and she leaves her kids with her anyway, so she doesn't get any parenting points from me, that's for sure. 

Those kids aren't going to have fond memories of their chilhood, in my opinion. 

Dinner last night -- homemade baked macaroni, with colby-jack and swiss cheese.  I boil the mac, drain it, mix an egg and heavy whipping cream and add in shredded cheeses.  Bake for 25 min at 350.  It's a modification of Chalmette (Louisiana) baked macaroni made by Rocky and Carlos restaurant (Ladies invited, opened in 1965--the old window was restored after Katrina).  There's a video of how they make it on the Internet.  People travel from around the world to have their baked macaroni. @usmcmom this is a food memory from my grandmother and my mother.  It was their specialty.

Re: children learning from pain -- if someone beats the shit out of me, I should take it as learning from the offense that caused them to do that.  This kind of teaching is one of the reasons women stay in bad relationships.  It's also the lazy way to discipline, but of course she earned her nickname Lazy Lori for a reason.  

1 hour ago, polecat said:

pAiN iS a GrEaT tEaChEr!!!

You know what? Me hitting my kids WOULD be worse than whatever my kids did because that's me, an adult, striking a child either because I lost my temper or because I couldn't come up with a more effective discipline technique, compared to a child, who did something inappropriate, either because they lack impulse control, patience, or whatever. So yeah, it'd be miles and miles worse. I'm far from a perfect parent and have made numerous mistakes along the way, but inflicting pain wasn't one of them (also, my kids are definitely not cowards, you vile woman).

Also, Lori has a new social media site, so there's that to look forward to.img.jpeg.b2f90a7c2db72ad5292e8f3d0045d750.jpeg

Actually kids try and avoid being spanked because of the pain. I never understood spanking. Adults don’t get spanked when they do wrong. Most kids are taught not to hit but if they do they are spanked for it. I watched it fail over and over again with my older brother. Kids put their trust in their parents, they don’t have anyone but who is rasing them when they are a baby/toddler. Spanking them gets rid of the trust. 

I don’t have kids but I have two dogs. Always had dogs growing up. If they didn’t listen then got tapped on the nose. My last dog, who I got at 18, was so badly abused all you had to do was look at her and she thought she was in trouble. She was given time outs or had to sleep in her house if she did anything wrong. After that I never hit a dog again. They don’t understand things like humans. They have the mind of a toddler when they are fully grown. If I won’t hit my dog why would I hit my kid? 

2 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Actually kids try and avoid being spanked because of the pain.

True fact.  We learned to be great liars.  I can still to this day, look you right in the eye and lie my unbruised ass off.  You learn to avoid any sort of conflict and if someone yells at you, you learn to appease them any way you know how.    You learn NO is not allowed from your mouth and just shut up and keep sweet.    I can remember being four years old, my dad coming to the yard to get me because, I have no clue why, and taking my hand and me walking docilely to my fate, knowing I was about to get the crap 'spanked' out of me and wishing someone would come save me.  But nothing I could do about it....

It's a lovely lesson to teach kids.    

Lori is at it again. I thought it was wrong to teach men? If men are saying they have no problem with their wives making more money then them then why do you care? Nowhere in the Bible does it say it is wrong for a momen to earn more than her husband. A real man wouldn’t care. B94E8324-1CA0-4C19-AE2F-6A2E179700AA.thumb.jpeg.c3c9a9dd0a7bf3d3c7f73dc290700c8e.jpeg

men are more than just what they make. Oh wait I forget all ken is to you is a bank account so you wouldn’t get it.

I'm late to the dinner discussion. My kids LOVE salad with sardines. It's not a Lori's disclaimer (she sucks) but sardines are a high protein food and with a salad it can be healthy, tasty and good for children.

Maybe sardines are not a common food in some places but there's nothing weird with them. 

7 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Thanks for the info, I think I mixed them up with anchovies. Never had them in my life and never saw anyone eating them. Only know the saying about being packed like sardines :) . Hering in tomatosauce is my canned fish choice

Easy mistake to make. :) Even after so many years in the UK, I still occasionally buy tinned sardines, when I need anchovies for a recipe. But yum, herring in tomatosauce... the midnight-snack that makes everyone in the family doubt they are related to you... :) I'll sit in that corner with you.

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Dinner last night -- homemade baked macaroni, with colby-jack and swiss cheese.  I boil the mac, drain it, mix an egg and heavy whipping cream and add in shredded cheeses.  Bake for 25 min at 350.  It's a modification of Chalmette (Louisiana) baked macaroni made by Rocky and Carlos restaurant (Ladies invited, opened in 1965--the old window was restored after Katrina).  There's a video of how they make it on the Internet.  People travel from around the world to have their baked macaroni. @usmcmom this is a food memory from my grandmother and my mother.  It was their specialty.

Re: children learning from pain -- if someone beats the shit out of me, I should take it as learning from the offense that caused them to do that.  This kind of teaching is one of the reasons women stay in bad relationships.  It's also the lazy way to discipline, but of course she earned her nickname Lazy Lori for a reason.  

umm yumm! Would you be able to give the recipe out? That sounds amazing! Do you serve it with salad or garlic bread?

3/5 kids in my family (including me) were spanked. We all became great liars. We all were bratty in high school and did not get along with our parents. 

2/5 kids were not spanked. They do not lie *as much* (could just be from learning from the older's mistakes lol), but are still bratty and do not particularly get along with my parents. 

All 5 are straight-A students, athletic, driven, creative, funny, and for the oldest two of us, in our dream careers.

So did spanking have any effect? To me it seems it was unnecessary. It wasn't even really painful, just humiliating, annoying, and made me think my parents were dumb. All of us seemed to turn out the same, honestly, which leads me to believe our privileged lifestyle, strict parents, and general rebellious personalities created the same behaviors no matter the punishments. Although I 100% I would have respected my parents more if I was never spanked. I just thought it showed they were out of control, had no good reasons to support their ideas, and got a power trip out of humiliation. 

So if it has no effect and just makes you look silly/ruins relationships, why do it? That's what I tell myself at least, and plan to never spank my future kids. 

If my kids are anything like me, no punishment will have any effect, but they won't actually do *immoral* things and will be quite self-driven anyways. 

I was spanked I think twice in my entire life. Both times cause I was literally about to do something extremely stupid and life-endangering. It wasn't a beating, more like a smack on the rear end. If I did something naughty knowingly growing up; I had my favorite toys or books taken away from me for a length of time (usually a couple days), or was grounded for a week (when I hit my teen years).

I can recall saying a bad word, and of course I had no idea what it meant. (about 7 at the time) My folks didn't hit me, nor did they discipline me. They instead sat down with me and explained what the bad word was and meant.

57 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori is at it again. I thought it was wrong to teach men? If men are saying they have no problem with their wives making more money then them then why do you care? Nowhere in the Bible does it say it is wrong for a momen to earn more than her husband. A real man wouldn’t care. B94E8324-1CA0-4C19-AE2F-6A2E179700AA.thumb.jpeg.c3c9a9dd0a7bf3d3c7f73dc290700c8e.jpeg

men are more than just what they make. Oh wait I forget all ken is to you is a bank account so you wouldn’t get it.

Lori A wouldn't know what work was if it walked to her up naked!

58 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori is at it again. I thought it was wrong to teach men? 

Yep, she's telling a man what is/isn't 'Biblical.'  According to her own rules she is in sin, sin, SIN! She must repent of her evil Jezebel ways, and make a nice home-cooked meal for her owner husband immediately! 

45 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

True fact.  We learned to be great liars.  I can still to this day, look you right in the eye and lie my unbruised ass off.  You learn to avoid any sort of conflict and if someone yells at you, you learn to appease them any way you know how.    You learn NO is not allowed from your mouth and just shut up and keep sweet.    I can remember being four years old, my dad coming to the yard to get me because, I have no clue why, and taking my hand and me walking docilely to my fate, knowing I was about to get the crap 'spanked' out of me and wishing someone would come save me.  But nothing I could do about it....

It's a lovely lesson to teach kids.    

I'm right there with you.

Spoilered for length

Spoiler

My parents spanked us kids, when we were small. I was five years old, when I got the last spanking-threat. Mum had an epiphany in the middle of chasing after us with a wooden ladle. She stopped by the fireplace, opened it and threw the ladle onto the fire. Us kids celebrated, but the effects lasted. Like you, us kids learned to lie. And lie we did. Whatever happened, even if it wasn't our fault, we lied.

I was 11 years old, when I lost my bobble-hat (pom-pom) at school, and I couldn't come up with a lie. I still remember how desperate I was, searching for it. I was in so much trouble. I remember thinking about blaming a thief, but then my parents would have called the school. The school would have had to investigate the issue and if they found out I'd lied, I'd be in even greater trouble.

So, I went home and told my mum that I had lost my hat. Mum comforted me and told me not to worry, we were going to buy a new one for me. I was mind-blown. No punishment of any sort? I get a new hat? Because I told the truth? How revolutionary!

My parents had tried their best to make up for spanking us, but for me, it took that moment. It took years for me to get that I didn't have to lie, to trust them again. They were wonderful parents in many ways and were totally against corporal punishment after they stopped, but they raised some excellent liars. Ironic, since we mostly got spanked for lying.

I once asked my mother what happened that day, when she burnt the ladle. She told me that while chasing us to give us a serious hiding, she realised that she was running around the house, after her scared children, trying to hurt them. She said that she would protect us with her life, but there she was, trying to inflict pain on us. And that was that.

And she reminded me of a conversation she and I had a few years later. It made her cry that I said that sometimes I was angry enough to want to hit her. That wasn't a lesson she wanted to teach, but had. Irritating thing though: It was our father's belief that spanking was a great way of disciplining children. Mum went along with it, because she grew up in an extreme patriarchy. But one day, she stood up for her kids and for herself.

The epilogue is that we didn't get another ladle until I was 16 or thereabouts. Mum didn't want our former instrument of torture in her kitchen. She and dad just resorted to shouting at us, but mostly endless talks about what we had done, why it was wrong, and occasionally - if something was really bad- our parents sent us to confession. Where, you guessed it, we lied.

22 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

umm yumm! Would you be able to give the recipe out? That sounds amazing! Do you serve it with salad or garlic bread?

1 pack Luxury long macaroni (that's what the original used) or elbow, or anything tube-like.  Boil the mac.  Mix an egg (or two) and heavy whipping cream, enough to make about 1 cup of liquid.  After the mac boils and you drain it, put it in a pan, sprinkle the shredded cheese liberally throughout (cheddar or American works best), pour in the egg and cream mixture, mix it up a bit, top with more cheese, and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes, or until the top cheese is browned and the mac on top is a little crusty.  Here's the link to the original.  They serve it with red gravy, and as a side dish to chicken parm, po boys, or seafood -- actually anything on their menu.  Tommy in the video is the son of the original owners.  No one touches the cash register except Tommy!

Spoiler

4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I have a question. Why is Lori always watching Erin and Ryan's kids? They seem to be always there. Granted, in a normal family there is nothing wrong with this scenario at ALL.   But Lori is always harping on how women have to be with their own children 100% of the time. I recall her arguing with a woman who worked a part time job 2 nights a weeks when her husband was home with the kids.   It worked for them but Lori argued up and down how it was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Also, so many examples of why it is wrong for women to have hobbies (she has many posts about how women's hobbies are standing in the way of being a good wife/mother Here's just one: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/03/giving-up-babies-for-hobbies.html )

Like hell Lori cried after reading that article, lol. And I see so many echos of my mother and mother in law in that post, even though they honestly mean it well. To them children were completely worth sacrificing EVERYTHING for. To me, well, it's not.

The spanking thing just makes me so angry.  Honestly, if you hit your kid, you deserve someone twice your size to come beat the shit out of YOU!  May not be a popular opinion, but that's how I feel about it.

There Lori goes embracing the dumb...again....as always.

Dear Lori,

Lots of people in your parents generation had sex before marriage.  

Most folks these days don't just go around having sex with random people.

Stop being stupid.

Thanks,

The Internet

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Please do!!\

Since I can't help myself... ☺️

The contents:

Spoiler

contents.thumb.jpg.82af74e86ac9df3661c0a99af305c99b.jpg

The baskets:

Spoiler

baskets.thumb.jpg.e13a5ff850253395f67a419faff4605c.jpg

My daughter recently had a birthday, and I did treat bags for that too.  

Spoiler

568777877_treatbags.thumb.jpg.1ef95e983788d71c92e4602fb1f7dc4d.jpg

Spoiler

437979734_treatbags1.jpg.00880126a1508fbb356c5e12be5131b9.jpg

They may all be teenagers now- some of them (including one of my own) are driving.  They still deserve Easter baskets and treat bags, though.  I told my kids that I'll be dropping off Easter baskets when they are grown and have houses of their own! :changing_color_heart:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived