IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

I don't think it's a good idea to offer alcohol to people who are not eating!!!11!1!!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I don't think it's a good idea to offer alcohol to people who are not eating!!!11!1!!

Right? You know they are getting sloshed after two glasses of wine. 

• Upvote 5

Let's see if I can figure this out . . .

Gwen heard the phrase "passion play" somewhere, and misinterpreted it as having fun with the the things about which one is passionate, on Good Friday. She's passionate about:

- making people dress up (but putting something in the directions  for dressing up that will cause  stress).

- serving lots of food and alcohol, to watch her guests prisoners be conflicted about whether to eat and drink, and how much.

- showing off her wealth.

- being the center of attention.

- making children look like little angel-servants.

Yep, by Gwen's definition, it's the perfect Good Friday observance.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

As someone whose grandma used to drag all of us grandkids to mass every Good Friday to watch LENGTHY reproductions of the crucifixion, this is hilarious to me. A tad tone deaf with the celebration there, Gwen. 

I’ve read of Catholic children(in the past, maybe not so much nowadays)being required to observe a strict quiet time during the hours that Jesus hung on the cross.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I’ve read of Catholic children(in the past, maybe not so much nowadays)being required to observe a strict quiet time during the hours that Jesus hung on the cross.

That would have been from noon to 3 PM on Good Friday. Many of us were aware of it when I was a kid, and a few families observed it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Lutheran here:

Maundy Thursday-the stripping of the altar. not sure about anything else that happens because i've never been to one.

Good Friday- Tenebrae service, where lights and candles are extinguished one by one, after each reading or song (without instruments). we leave in darkness and silence. the church stays dark and silent until Easter morning. it is empty, like Jesus' tomb, except when it is decorated saturday night for Easter morning.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Lutheran here:

Maundy Thursday-the stripping of the altar. not sure about anything else that happens because i've never been to one.

Good Friday- Tenebrae service, where lights and candles are extinguished one by one, after each reading or song (without instruments). we leave in darkness and silence. the church stays dark and silent until Easter morning. it is empty, like Jesus' tomb, except when it is decorated saturday night for Easter morning.

Holy Thursday/Maudy Thursday in the Catholic church does the last supper, including the priests washing of the feet. Who and how many feet get washed depends on the parish. It's very powerful. Reminding us to be servant leaders. 

• Upvote 5

When I was in my Catholic Church’s choir, I participated in several Tenebrae services, and found them profound and moving.

Are there any Catholics here old enough to remember when the statues in church were shrouded in black (or was it purple?) cloth during Lent (or at least part of Lent)?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hane said:

When I was in my Catholic Church’s choir, I participated in several Tenebrae services, and found them profound and moving.

Are there any Catholics here old enough to remember when the statues in church were shrouded in black (or was it purple?) cloth during Lent (or at least part of Lent)?

Some churches still do that. I've only seen them covered in purple. 

I have been to 3 funerals in the last 21 days, so all during lent and all in churches. Methodist, a non-dom that has the Nicean Creed on their belief page and yesterday's was Catholic. Both the Methodist and non-dom had their plain cross draping with a white cloth. Both caught me off guard, because during lent (showing my Catholic here) Jesus isn't risen which is symbolized by white, rebirth. 

I do have to say all 3 preachers did a great job with the tough job they had. Only 1 preacher (the one for the teen) really knew the deceased. The first 2 funerals were suicide (age 51 and 16) and the second was 2 or 3 year battle of cancer (age 61). I also have to say I am emotionally exhausted and tired of having death conversations with my girls (teen, preteen and elementary age) and trying to figure out if their attitudes are from the deaths or normal bad day.

Sorry for the emotional dump but I know many on here deal with depression. Please continue to fight. Please continue to reach out and ask for help. Please keep going to counseling. Please for the sake of your loved ones, keep fighting the depression. Know they love you and don't want to see you suffer but many don't know how to help you. Keep fighting for 5 more minutes and then fight for 5 more, etc. (I'm tearing up writing this, please keep fighting it.) ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 36

Gwen made the front page of Reddit today after someone posted a picture of her in a subreddit dedicated to the worst haircuts in the world 

Spoiler

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

Gwen made the front page of Reddit today after someone posted a picture of her in a subreddit dedicated to the worst haircuts in the world 

Hide contents

And Joe continues with the stunned visage.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

Gwen Shamblin (Gwod) thinks that she is very, very ,special. As such, her hair must be very, very special too! I wonder how she would react if anyone in the congregation decided to emulate her hair tower. It is so ridiculous and foolish looking, how can Gwod think she will be taken seriously by anyone not in the cult?

Tarzan really needs to cut down on the Botox. These two are an odd couple for sure.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

It's so funny reading posts about Gwen's "big hair". I live in Brentwood and am familiar with Remnant. I have also been a hairstylist for many years. Gwen's bizarre hair is not "god given" lol!!!!!!  When people suffer from anorexia or any type of eating disorder or even in cases of extreme weight loss, the first thing the body does is shed hair. In her malnourished, emaciated state she has to have hair extensions or clip in hair pieces....thus the extreme ratting- in order to hide the fact that it's not all her own hair. But hey, the higher the hair....the closer to God....right?????

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

On 3/30/2019 at 1:02 PM, MayMay1123 said:

Lutheran here:

I don't know if my church has Maundy Thursday services or not, I've only been to the Good Friday service which is in the evening and that is when the altar is stripped of everything.  But the Good Friday service sounds very similar, the church is dark and the doors are closed until Easter Sunday morning.  Probably in actual practice, until Saturday evening for decorating for Easter Sunday services.

@quiversR4hunting, it sounds like you have reason to be tired, and I don't mind at all your "emotional dump" as you called it.  I agree, depression is wicked and urge people to keep fighting it.  It's not easy, I know.

Edited by Briefly
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

"If you are under authority with God or His God-given leaders, you do not know where or when your authority will have you go, or when or what you are going to eat, but the peace that comes from connecting to your God, to your authority, is wonderful! You are walking in the Spirit.

Most people have been taught to not trust authorities. However, observe all the naturally Thin Eaters and the naturally thin children, and even all the animals in the wild. None of them have extra weight on them. There is nothing to fear about God’s way."

http://www.gwenshamblinlara.com/letting-go-of-control/

Hahahah-I can't stop laughing about how transparent she is for people to suck it up and do what her and her leaders say. I took liberties to underline part of it. Oh and then the naturally think people and animals with no extra weight on them, that apparently have been living "God's way" all this time but didn't know.

17 hours ago, Briefly said:

I agree, depression is wicked and urge people to keep fighting it.  It's not easy, I know.

And it's not just fighting your own depression, it's fighting the people that don't understand depression. Or think you can just snap out of it. It's an everyday struggle that comes with a lot of guilt and shame too and many try to hide it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

If you are under authority with God or His God-given leaders,

I have noticed her being careful to clarify her own special status as a God-given leader in other posts, just in case anyone is hazy on that point.  ?

18 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

even all the animals in the wild.

Well, there are a few animals (and people - like me), who tend to put on weight prior to a seemingly natural hibernation cycle.  After noticing my pattern of weight gain in the winter and loss in the spring over the decades, I'm going to adjudge my extra weight is God-sanctioned (but apparently not Gwod-sanctioned).   :cupcake:

19 hours ago, Jb003 said:

But hey, the higher the hair....the closer to God....right?????

Right!  I've noticed Elizabeth's hair getting less healthy looking as her weight dwindles.  I wonder if her hair will start getting the Gwodly treatment at some point.

• Upvote 6

So I don’t know how to put this but... there’s a couple on the RF Instagram that was married yesterday. Going by their engagement pictures, they are not “Remnant Thin.” I’m not saying this to shame them or be mean. I’m just pointing it out because it surprises me. I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a couple featured by RF that was not “Remnant Thin.” Which leads me to this thought:

Are they purposely featuring couples who are not “Remnant Thin” because of all of our criticisms of the extreme thinness of some of the RF folks? Are they trying to convince us how accepting they are of people of all shapes and sizes? Because if so... bullshit Gwen.

• Upvote 12

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I don’t know how to put this but... there’s a couple on the RF Instagram that was married yesterday. Going by their engagement pictures, they are not “Remnant Thin.” I’m not saying this to shame them or be mean. I’m just pointing it out because it surprises me. I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a couple featured by RF that was not “Remnant Thin.” Which leads me to this thought:

Are they purposely featuring couples who are not “Remnant Thin” because of all of our criticisms of the extreme thinness of some of the RF folks? Are they trying to convince us how accepting they are of people of all shapes and sizes? Because if so... bullshit Gwen.

I noticed the same thing, there have been several beautiful couples that are diff than the ridiculous Remnant standards of perfection, but normal to all of us......but the thing that concerns me is the wedding that happened this weekend. 

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/heidi-welch-and-joseph-ridley/

Because of how new he is to his indoctrination(a year or less), I'm concerned by how fast they married him off that this marriage is destined to fail. The girl is a life member.

I also feel like Gwod is trying to transition Shamblin from her name. 

Edited by SJWaterford
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I noticed with the Ridley-Welch couple that he joined the church April 2018 and got engaged Dec 2018. That's just 9 months to meet, date, fall in love and propose. Then 3 months later get married

Yeah RF, tell us again that you don't arrange marriages.

• Upvote 9

At the 4:12 mark, lushy Gwen admits she is often full of the spirits — plural. 

She later bitches about her online haters. I’d post the time, but I just can’t listen to her shit again.

(Goes back into the prayer closet.)

Edited by sajetime
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, sajetime said:

She later bitches about her online haters. I’d post the time, but I just can’t listen to her shit again.

It's shortly after the 15 minute mark. She goes on to say there will always be haters when it's the true voice of God. And then proceeds to equate what she says to what Jesus or Jeremiah said or other prophets. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 2

Seems like the video has been taken down, good thing I recorded some of it. Especially where she compares herself to Jeremiah the prophet down in the cistern. 

I took an online test that said I was a prophet too. ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

Seems like the video has been taken down, good thing I recorded some of it. Especially where she compares herself to Jeremiah the prophet down in the cistern. 

I took an online test that said I was a prophet too. ? 

Praise be to @SJWaterford ?.

Thank you for saving it! It doesn’t surprise me that they took it down.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

In the latest “ Shitshow with Gwod and Joe” episode that has since been taken down, Gwod admits to being less than mindful of how much she drinks. At their many, many, many social social events, she has so many people serving her and Joe that it causes her to lose track and she drink too much wine. Those were her words. 

It’s probably not smart admitting you’ve got lush tendencies in live video during a custody battle.

It’s probably not smart doing live video during a custody battle period. So much for the worthiness of pro bono Remnant counsel.

Speaking of, any custody developments?

(Goes back into the prayer closet.)

• Upvote 8

It looks like she has removed the videos. It annoys me that in her video advertising some Weigh Down retreat that she has all the books in her bookshelf with the spines pointing in so that the white pages will match the white of the rest of the room. Rufus forbid books bring some color to her room. I'm 99% sure she never reads any of the books in her house. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic