IGNORED

Maxwell 29: You Can Leave Your Vest On, Second Verse Same as the First

Coconut Flan

Waited without much impatience to see the big March 18 reveal — and I find SSDD* all over the place. I feel confident in beginning another Maxwell-free month!  It really does help my depression to steer well clear of the clan. 

*Same Stuff, Different Day

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading through the comments on the mousse post. Isn't this just a gem?

2019-03-18 (2).png

More random life. Bethany now wears glasses. I guess they’re reading glasses like Tina has. They celebrated birthdays. Elizabeth looks adorable. Arnold and Ellie continue to be my favourite members of the family.

No news on the book.

Random life has a picture of the Maxwell daughter-in-law in her ideal state:

Spoiler

A headless, nameless torso in the act of mothering

607258539_ScreenShot2019-03-18at6_29_02PM.png.d1e36cc3704542e355053062e4753281.png

I'm amazed Valentine's Day is celebrated in Maxhell.  Ellie and Arnold are still my fav Maxwells.  Prissy Chris's girls still wearing skirts over snow pants, gag me.  Forgotten Jesse is definitely looking for a wife, lots of pics of him with the kids.

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

More random life. Bethany now wears glasses. I guess they’re reading glasses like Tina has. They celebrated birthdays. Elizabeth looks adorable. Arnold and Ellie continue to be my favourite members of the family.

No news on the book.

I am very glad that Ellie has so far been barren.

4 hours ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Random life has a picture of the Maxwell daughter-in-law in her ideal state:

Hide contents

A headless, nameless torso in the act of mothering

607258539_ScreenShot2019-03-18at6_29_02PM.png.d1e36cc3704542e355053062e4753281.png

By “Mom,” I thought she meant Teri—but they’re not awfully good at clarification.

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Forgotten Jesse is definitely looking for a wife, lots of pics of him with the kids.

Was just coming over here to post this same thought.  Every photo of him was with kids.  Since he's been praised for taking initiative in the past, I wonder what he's doing about finding a future Mrs.?

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Forgotten Jesse is definitely looking for a wife, lots of pics of him with the kids.

I'm just endlessly giggling over him being called Uncle Jesse.

Spoiler

50cad8dbeac11f82ef62b1dd1c671537.jpg

Axton’s first Sunday at church. Everyone loved him!

So sadly Stud John and Chelsea go to the elderly church for the elderly at the elderly home. 

It's nice the kids get to read non-religious books but I can't help but notice it's "BUSY days" and not "F-word days" It's also positive that a girl gets to read a book about tractors and other Man Things.

9 hours ago, Granwych said:

I am very glad that Ellie has so far been barren.

I guess she really jumped the gun with the website. 

Edit - checked again, and it looks like she’s updated again with a “notify” for when Ellie is bred.  So I don’t know if they haven’t actually bred her yet, or if she just hasn’t conceived. 

Maybe Ellie has been able to sneak out to Planned Pupperhood for doggie birth control!

11 minutes ago, Hane said:

Maybe Ellie has been able to sneak out to Planned Pupperhood for doggie birth control!

You know Arnold helped her. He provided the distraction. 

12 hours ago, Hane said:

By “Mom,” I thought she meant Teri—but they’re not awfully good at clarification.

Ah, you may be right. A woman wearing a shirt over another shirt and called Mom—how could I know?

13 hours ago, Hane said:

I'm pretty sure that's a top we've seen Teri wearing before. That's the only way I could tell.

5 hours ago, Hane said:

If you've ever seen Dr Jeff: Rocky Mountain Vet on Animal Planet, Dr Jeff's clinic in Denver is Planned Pethood.  

21 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm just endlessly giggling over him being called Uncle Jesse.

Reveal hidden contents

50cad8dbeac11f82ef62b1dd1c671537.jpg

As a kid of the 70s, this is "Uncle Jesse" to me:

Screenshot_20190319-225222~2.png

“Uncle Jesse, the doggie ate my owce cream.” 

23 hours ago, johnhugh said:

So sadly Stud John and Chelsea go to the elderly church for the elderly at the elderly home. 

That is truly sad - Chelsy was an active part of a large church community for most of her life and was really good friends with the pastors wife - she helped get their kids ready for church every Sunday and she was even one of Chelsy’s bridesmaids. Chelsy and her siblings participated in the group for young unmarried adults, the whole family did the live animal Christmas play every year, she helped organize endless showers and events..... it was obviously a huge part of her life. And then she spent months every year traveling to various churches, where her family was known and she had friends. 

I don’t see sitting with her sisters in law and listening to Steve or one of his sons rant at The Elderly for a few hours on Sunday morning being anywhere near a satisfactory replacement for all of that.

7 hours ago, lilith said:

I don’t see sitting with her sisters in law and listening to Steve or one of his sons rant at The Elderly for a few hours on Sunday morning being anywhere near a satisfactory replacement for all of that.

This 100%-- and I don't understand why Chelsea isn't missing the music--its been a huge part of her life.

I’m hoping that every week Chelsy is stuck in Steve’s depressing “church,” she thinks about finding a new church for them. 

When they were first married, they were gone all the time. So I assumed they just didn’t bother finding a new church since they were gone so much. Now that they have a newborn and they are home much more, I’m really hoping she’s is considering a new church. The only good thing about Steve’s church is the elderly people fawning all over the baby and chelsy. 

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

This 100%-- and I don't understand why Chelsea isn't missing the music--its been a huge part of her life.

I’m sure she’s welcome to belt out Daddy On His Knees with Anna and Mary whenever she likes. What more could a girl want? 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, Granwych said:

Bethany now wears glasses. I guess they’re reading glasses

I think they are regular glasses. Reading glasses are typically something people need as they hit middle age or older. The Maxwell girls may not wear glasses all the time because their vision deficit is mild or because of vanity or because they don't have contacts yet.

21 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

As a kid of the 70s, this is "Uncle Jesse" to me:

Screenshot_20190319-225222~2.png

First thing I thought of too! Although I'm not a child of the 70s, I'm a child of fundie parents who got rid of our Beast when I was little, leaving me with odd gaps in my TV show knowledge!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived