IGNORED

JesusWeen

Alecto

Sometimes I don't think the fundies think their cunning stunts all the way through:

muehx0.jpg

via Dangerous Minds

I read the JesusWeen website, to save you the trouble, and it's a front for some evangelicalism group called JesusWin.

Guest Anonymous
"JesusWeen" sounds like a name for the Prince of Peace's male appendage.

Yes. As such it is hilarious. :lol:

I have seen other "ween" variations. Do they not know that the "w" belongs to the word "Hallow" as opposed to the "een" in Halloween?

Yes. As such it is hilarious. :lol:

I have seen other "ween" variations. Do they not know that the "w" belongs to the word "Hallow" as opposed to the "een" in Halloween?

Yeah, I was gonna say, JesusWeen sounds vaguely dirty. JesusEen actually doesn't sound too bad.

Maybe fundies hate Halloween because it is the All Hallow's Eve i.e. the evening before All Saint's Day i.e. an ebil Catholic holiday.

Yeah, I was gonna say, JesusWeen sounds vaguely dirty. JesusEen actually doesn't sound too bad.

Maybe fundies hate Halloween because it is the All Hallow's Eve i.e. the evening before All Saint's Day i.e. an ebil Catholic holiday.

They hate it because they imagine it to have all sorts of Satanic references. It's all right to not celebrate a holiday but at least don't insinuated that others who enjoy it are whooping it up with Satan(although, that might be fun LOL) :dance:

October 31st, every Christian is expected to wear a white top to symbolize Righteousness and the love of God to all mankind. The money normally used to buy costumes can be given to ministries that print christian books to help the unsaved or give such funds to JesusWeen or food bank to help the poor.

I am glad that they want to help the poor but I imagine that the people who wear white tops when everyone else has on a costume are probably the types who pat themselves on the back for being 'real' Christians.

Guest Anonymous

Jesuseen already happens though.... Christmas Eve is the eve of Jesus!

The Facebook page is getting some funny comments: http://www.facebook.com/JesusWeen?sk=wall

They hate it because they imagine it to have all sorts of Satanic references. It's all right to not celebrate a holiday but at least don't insinuated that others who enjoy it are whooping it up with Satan(although, that might be fun LOL) :dance:

I know. I was being facetious.

Guest Anonymous

The Facebook updates are so bizarrely authoritarian:

Jesus Ween

DRESS CODE: On October 31st, every Christian is expected to wear a white top to symbolize Righteousness and the love of God to all mankind. The money normally used to buy costumes can be given to ministries that print christian books to help the unsaved.

Like · · Share · 4 minutes ago

Jesus Ween

CHURCHES: can use Oct 31st to evangelise in the neighbourhoods close to them. The Tracts or Christian books can have the address of the local church or fellowship to help the recipients know where to get more of the Good News.

Like · · Share · 4 minutes ago

Jesus Ween

INDIVIDUALS: can participate by giving out several Christian gifts on Oct 31st and especially when someone knocks on your door expecting candy, we prescribe you give a pocket size bible, Christian musical or teaching cd, Tracts, Poems, etc. You can also print posters from JesusWeen website to post in your church or local bookstore. You can also give out your used christian books and cds.

INDIVIDUALS: can participate by giving out several Christian gifts on Oct 31st and especially when someone knocks on your door expecting candy, we prescribe you give a pocket size bible, Christian musical or teaching cd, Tracts, Poems, etc. You can also print posters from JesusWeen website to post in your church or local bookstore. You can also give out your used christian books and cds.

That sounds worse than toothbrushes!

How long is JesusWeen?

*snicker*

I saw this last night and wondered if someone would post about it. They're so delightfully clueless about what everyone else thinks when they see that name.

Guest Anonymous
How long is JesusWeen?

I don't know either but Ron Jeremy was seen curled up in a fetal position and babbling baby talk.

Jesus Ween

I desperately want to get some athiest tracts or something so when people hand me this crap, I can respond in kind and watch them freak out.

Guest Anonymous

The Facebook entries read as though Taliban Tony has written them..... like, WTF are they saying? :lol:

Jesus Ween

Beneficial To the World At Large:

It is a blessing to have the joy, the excitement, the beauty, the promotion and the colors of Jesus Ween in any community. We are demonstrating absolute love that transcends race, gender, orientation and any limitation of any sort. It promotes great spirit and acceptability and it definitely shows care. In no way does it bring violence or fear experienced at Halloween in general and it gives people who don't believe in Halloween a reason to come out and enjoy the night the right way. It is not age restricted and is definitely a life changing experience. Sure: Jesus is in town and Jesus Ween says it: He always wins!!

omg, when we lived in Redding we had neighbors who gave out tracts about how people who celebrate Halloween are going to Hell. Just the uplifting message that my children need. Bitches.

I saw a house in my neighborhood last year that had their driveway blocked off with a large angry sign about the evils of Halloween. I don't see the problem with kids having fun. Of course, every December I am the Jewish mom with the Christmas tree, so maybe I am not the one to talk. :)

Guest Anonymous
omg, when we lived in Redding we had neighbors who gave out tracts about how people who celebrate Halloween are going to Hell. Just the uplifting message that my children need. Bitches.

I saw a house in my neighborhood last year that had their driveway blocked off with a large angry sign about the evils of Halloween. I don't see the problem with kids having fun. Of course, every December I am the Jewish mom with the Christmas tree, so maybe I am not the one to talk. :)

I love the idea of your Jewish Christmas tree. :D Your kids are so lucky!

I saw Jesusween on The A.V. Club and totally thought it was just an Onion thing. I had no idea it was real!

JesusWeen? Jesus Ween!

340x_jesus.jpg

(Yeah. Technically those are supposed to be His own sixpack abs, but... :think: )

Archived