IGNORED

Jana 7: Home Sweet TTH

choralcrusader8613

14 hours ago, Bobology said:

Yes, and documented liars at that. Remember early on, before Josh's farce, Michelle stated on camera that once married, the kids were on their own with no help from M/JB? That's only one documented lie.

Of everything they lied about, this is possibly the one thing I can let slide a little as I think it's something most parents do to a greater or lesser degree. We have all been, or heard, the parent who insists their newborn will never have sugar or watch TV etc and those are easy assertions to make before you are actively in the situation.

I have a close friend who has children slightly younger than mine. When I made my son's bedrooms into a living space for them and stopped confiscating their mobile phones at night during their mid teens on the basis that they were becoming adults and needed to be given more responsibility and privacy she was disgusted with me. From her point of view they were children and would always be treated as such. She also insisted that they would have to move out at 16 like she did. Needless to say 2 of her 3 children are over the age of 16 and still living a very comfortable and loved life at home.

My point is that the duggars may well have held that belief when they said it. But the reality of leaving a daughter in law and your grandchildren with no income or support because your piece-of-shit son is hiding in Jesus jail is different.

*This is not a defence of the duggars and does negate all of their other damage, lies and abuse in any way. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ais why I think that lie is particularly critical for the Duggars is because they were selling their lifestyle and child rearing methods as a better and more superior way to live. JB actually talked about how education can be harmful. Putting all their thoughts, beliefs, words into a coherent message is important. Because It shows how dangerous ( and delusion) that message actually is. Looking at the big picture shows that the Duggar’s methods were nothing but a scam. The only thing floating all these Duggar’s is JB’s investments and the show, which again, is a gift from JB. Not one family has successfully leaved and cleaved. Who knows who or what is supporting the Dillards.

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Not one family has successfully leaved and cleaved.

We can't say for sure, unless you know something we don't know. But both Jeremy/Jinger and Austin/Joy seemed to do so....

2 hours ago, snickers34 said:

We can't say for sure, unless you know something we don't know. But both Jeremy/Jinger and Austin/Joy seemed to do so....

Aren’t those couples still on the TV show? I’d venture that show is what mostly supports both of those couples.

Let’s be realistic:It is the family business and It’s pretty much a given they will participate in the show. However They have leaved and cleaved as much as any Duggar couple can.For them it’s progress.

21 hours ago, Ais said:

Of everything they lied about, this is possibly the one thing I can let slide a little as I think it's something most parents do to a greater or lesser degree. We have all been, or heard, the parent who insists their newborn will never have sugar or watch TV etc and those are easy assertions to make before you are actively in the situation.

My daughter and her SO have a 15 month old daughter, and they're constantly learning how much they didn't know and how wrong they were about how they were going to raise their daughter.  

It really came home on Thanksgiving when they got to see the brand new baby of some friends of theirs.  Here's their daughter getting into everything and they heard the new father whisper to the new mother that their child will not be trying to play in the dogs water dish like my granddaughter kept trying to do.  Later on the new father was going on about how his little darling would never have her brains rotted by watching cartoons.  She'd be raised on quality programming like Nova, National Geographic, PBS documentaries, classical music, etc. 

My daughter said that on the way home they were talking:  

"I'd like to see them try to keep that kid out of the water dish when she starts crawling.  I bet they move it behind a baby gate or out into the back yard inside a week."  
     "I can't wait for when they realize that the only way to get a few minutes of peace is to put on Sesame Street or something.  They probably won't even wonder where she learned to like it ."  
     "I bet she hates Beethoven and screams for Baby Shark."  
     "Yep, we'll all be getting together and lining up to sing Baby Shark, complete with all the dance moves, and we won't even feel silly about it."  
     "You know, I think we're pretty good parents."  
     "Yeah, we are."  
     "I thought about telling them that the kid's going to run the show, but why bother?  It's the sort of thing you learn gradually."  
     "Yeah, you've gotta pick your battles.  Save the rules and the NO's for the big stuff, and don't sweat the small stuff."

On 12/31/2018 at 6:36 PM, MadeItOut said:

There was a huge amount of pressure on me from within the religious community of my first husband to get married ASAP after turning 18 because "plain girls don't get the luxury of time". 

Holy spitballs, what does that even mean?  That is truly one of the most horrible things I have ever heard of. Does that mean if you're not conventionally beautiful when you're young, you're at least young and better take advantage before you age and become even more "undesirable?"  That is truly despicable, and I'm appalled anyone ever said that to you or anyone else. 

9 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Holy spitballs, what does that even mean?  That is truly one of the most horrible things I have ever heard of. Does that mean if you're not conventionally beautiful when you're young, you're at least young and better take advantage before you age and become even more "undesirable?"  That is truly despicable, and I'm appalled anyone ever said that to you or anyone else. 

Thank you. 

It was fairly par for the course. Ex-hubby's sect are strictly speaking separate to iblp, but either group would be at home with the other, though I know ex & his mates used to disapprove of how much freedom the duggar women seemed to have. 

On 1/1/2019 at 10:01 AM, SassyPants said:

@Ais why I think that lie is particularly critical for the Duggars is because they were selling their lifestyle and child rearing methods as a better and more superior way to live. JB actually talked about how education can be harmful. Putting all their thoughts, beliefs, words into a coherent message is important. Because It shows how dangerous ( and delusion) that message actually is. Looking at the big picture shows that the Duggar’s methods were nothing but a scam. The only thing floating all these Duggar’s is JB’s investments and the show, which again, is a gift from JB. Not one family has successfully leaved and cleaved. Who knows who or what is supporting the Dillards.

Cathy. I believe Cathy is supporting them.

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Cathy. I believe Cathy is supporting them.

she's wealthy enough to fully support a family of 4, plus law school, especially after her illness?

I think it's more likely Jill either has money from TLC or JB.

I think Cathy may be helping them out, but I don't think she's bankrolling them.  I think it's more likely Boob is helping them out in a substantial way. 

Derick started making his comments about 'volunteering' in May, and then promptly dropped it even people started asking too many questions.  Soon after, the law school rumors started.  I don't think it's a coincidence.  

Jessa was basically gifted a house. I don't know what the value of it is, but it's not insignificant. We know that Joe and Kendra live in a Duggar house on the compound property somewhere (?) and it's not clear to me where Josiah and Lauren are because the Christmas tree photo does not look like it's in that awful giant mess of a house they were shown in earlier in the year. In any event that's 3 kids who are totally subsidized with respect to housing expenses. Joy married an actually productive human being so JB is off the hook there but we have no idea whether and how much he contributed to Jinger when she and Jeremy bought their house. I can absolutely see some $ having flowed her way. Otherwise it's just patently unfair to have Jessa sitting on a couple of hundred grand of resale value while the other daughters get squat. Jill and Derrick lived rent-free in that mansion for a very short period of time before he dragged her to SCA but ever since then they have not lived in Duggar housing. It would absolutely make sense (to me) if JB made some sort of equivalent payments to all the adult kids at the point of marriage, call it a gift, cashing out their portion of the Counting On earnings or whatever.

Jill could conceivably have a (low) six figure amount sitting in a bank account and living off that until that genius Derick is pulling in the big bucks lawyerin' (LOL).

We don't know how much Jessa and Ben paid for the house or whether they paid Grandma Mary anything.  Jill and Derick lived in the "pool house" when they returned from Central America until Derick began the "ministry program."  So it's unclear what, if anything, JB has done about financing housing purchases. 

59 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

We don't know how much Jessa and Ben paid for the house or whether they paid Grandma Mary anything.  Jill and Derick lived in the "pool house" when they returned from Central America until Derick began the "ministry program."  So it's unclear what, if anything, JB has done about financing housing purchases. 

Jessa and Ben supposedly paid $100,000 to Grandma Mary for the house (if they still live in the same one I am thinking of). However, that's just what the deed says. And we don't know if that money was from their own earnings or not, or if Grandma Mary even kept the money for herself.

Speaking of Mary, does anyone know where she lives? Does she still live with JB&M?

How does living off your parents dovetail with the Duggars’ purported religious tenets? How about leaving and cleaving? Just another example of lying liars who lie.

I do think that JB and M used their kids’ lives and private moments to make money, so they do owe each of those kids a nice nest egg. People shouldn’t procreate children if they, the parents, can not independently support those kids all on their own volition.

None of us know how the TLC compensation to the Duggars was utilized, invested, or otherwise handled.  It would not be at all surprising if some or all of the money were placed into a trust, with dividends to be paid out to beneficiaries of the trust (i.e. the kids) at the time certain milestones were/are reached.  I don't like Jim Bob Duggar, but it is extremely difficult for me to believe he would just keep all of the money for himself and not provide some sort of legacy to his kids.  That is not to say I don't believe he'd be the Trustee and retain ultimate control over every cent.  

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

None of us know how the TLC compensation to the Duggars was utilized, invested, or otherwise handled.  It would not be at all surprising if some or all of the money were placed into a trust, with dividends to be paid out to beneficiaries of the trust (i.e. the kids) at the time certain milestones were/are reached.  I don't like Jim Bob Duggar, but it is extremely difficult for me to believe he would just keep all of the money for himself and not provide some sort of legacy to his kids.  That is not to say I don't believe he'd be the Trustee and retain ultimate control over every cent.  

One of my bugaboos about this forum is people saying the Counting On Crew are living off of JimBob.  As you said, we don't know how monies are paid out to the family for the television show, but regardless of how it is done,  Jessa - as a performer on the show - should be entitled to a share of those earnings, even if that share is a "free" house.  If anything, Jim Bob and Michelle are living off of the Counting On main characters.

Even if they invested it in very risk averse ways, that interest would have compounded and they would have a nice sum of money. I think it becomes far too complicated to have JB bankrolling them on an ongoing basis like he's handing out social assistance. Which is why it's my guess that they either are living off trusts like a previous poster said ($ paid out at marriage or a certain age if not married by then, maybe a smaller sum paid at birth of each child) or they more simply each get a lump sum on their wedding day to do what they see fit with it. The kids/kidults still living at home have their expenses paid by JB with the possible exception of Jana who may have been cashed out due to age.

The only thing that doesn't really square with this is the housing. I have a hard time believing Jessa's house's FMV is only $100K, and we don't even know if money changed hands there. Josh lived rent-free in that house for years (though it was a legit shithole then). Joe and Kendra are living in a Duggar house. We assume that so is Josiah, though it's less clear where/what house. The only ones NOT in Duggar housing are Jill, Jinger and Joy. I wonder if there is some sort of monetary adjustment for that...

Yeah I’m guessing that means she is courting. Josiah’s instagram use lined up with his courtship/breakup/courtship, so I really think they are only allowed the accounts once they have reached that milestone. 

3 minutes ago, Rik_Bik said:

Has a Duggar (besides Anna, as she was already married) gotten an Instagram without a courtship announced soon after?

No, I don’t think so. Josiah kept his after he broke up with Marjorie. He started posting again in August 2017 and announced his courtship with Lauren in January so he posted as a single guy for a few months. But I think him and Lauren were special friends during that time, so...

I would be shocked if we wasn't courting at this point to be honest. 

I doubt they decided "Oh you'll be 29 in a few days, your old enough to have your own public social media".

I said this and then realised...I hope she's not getting a birthday courtship annoucement.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived