IGNORED

Is your church Fundie approved

activespinster

new post from magadociousrex

Childless wrote:

I go to the Church of Spend Time with my Family. So, probably not. I spend Monday thru Friday at work for 10 hours a day. Saturday and Sunday are my days with my family. I don't want to waste time sitting on my ass in church listening to someone pontificate. I want to spend that time with my son and my husband. I feel it's a much better use of what little free time I have.

Is that church a sister church of "Our Lady of the Holy Mattress"? My sister in law and brother in law attend that one. They say the fellowship is phenomenal. ;-)

new post from Bella99

I thought it was St. Mattress Cathedral!

new post from magadociousrex

St Mattress Cathedral is down the street. Our Lady of the Holy Mattress broke off with them after a dispute about what color sheets were "sacred" in G-d's eyes.

new post from Markie

I haven't went to church in quite a few years. The one I did attend was a United Church of Canada. We had three ministers; 2 men (one gay, one straight), and 1 woman. Needless to say, NOT fundy-approved.

new post from Dinorah

Eh, when I did go to church it was a Catholic church, so I'd already fail on that count. I wouldn't have said it was very liberal at the time, but I remember I sometimes -gasp!-wore shorts to mass (though not the tiny kind, admittedly), the idea of having to wear skirts for church was foreign to me, small kids were free to run around. Spending time on fundie websites surely has put in proportion my idea of having received a restrictive Christian education.

new post from 1004srs

We are ebul Catholics. We were too tired to mass this morning, so we are going to sinner's mass this evening.

I have also been known to dabble in New Age stuff, too. So, the answer is no.

new post from ems

Nope. Episcopalian, and the 20s and 30s group likes to go to wine festivals and pub nights, at least more so before the economy got bad. We like liquor, women preachers, showing skin (to some degree) and other very un-fundie stuff.

new post from sweetpea1

magadociousrex wrote:

My parents church would DEFINITELY not be approved. They're bead counting idol worshiping cannibal Catholics.

Count me in there, so no I'm not fundie approved.

new post from DistantStar

I can't say I am Episcopalian (yet, it's starting to be really tempting) but I'm in the choir...and no, totally not fundie-approved. This morning the priest talked about how he likes to think of the Holy Spirit as feminine, among many other things. I'd like to see the fundies choke on that idea.

I think I'm being assimilated! I absolutely love it there. The combination of being generally really liberal plus having the traditional and ritual and the music...oh my. Help! Me, some sort of Christian? Too. Weird. For. Words.

new post from Hane.engrishmessageb...

DistantStar wrote:

This morning the priest talked about how he likes to think of the Holy Spirit as feminine, among many other things.

I've heard that concept among some Roman Catholic theologians, too. In old writings, the term "Sancta Sophia"--holy wisdom--was often used.

new post from DistantStar

And I like it! But anything the evil Catholics like isn't going to go over well with the fundies, for sure.

new post from Hane.engrishmessageb...

aeryn406 wrote:

Your doorbell is ringing, and it's me.

Me too!! That sounds delicious!!

Oh hell no we aren't fundie approved. I am an Episcopalian, and I attend a church with not one, but two lesbian priests. Oh and my wife is a co-warden.

Archived