IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Just to clarify, JTits is married to Delaney. Darby is her rather awful older sister.

I somehow missed the baby announcement entirely :lost:

Yes! I get them mixed up. I remember Darby, she always seemed smug as fuck, but I am not sure of the specifics. I missed the fact that Delaney is pregnant too. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Howl said:

Can he be going to grad school without ever having gone to college or is he starting undergrad?

He graduated from Reformation Bible College last year, shortly before he married Delaney.

The tuition schedule for St. Andrews University is here.  

Tuition for "Overseas" students beginning in 2018 for Arts, Divinity and Science is £21,290 ($27,000), with this note:  2018 entrants - fixed tuition fees for the duration of study

I interpret that to mean that each year tuition will be $27,000, and won't rise higher than that. 

Here's the link to applying for loans for students from the US, but I think this is for undergrads.  As I mentioned, I can't imagine that he can go for graduate study without having done any work towards a BA or BS.  Or did he graduate from School of Sproul -- whatever that college is called.

This girl sure thinks highly of herself. Any other parent would would be aggressive in this way about a Karen talking bad about the CHILDREN themselves, as how Darby parents is in fact something about her. She was raised by Spanky, I can’t expect her to actually care about something other than herself.

297A2467-8D13-4A09-93A9-6F1ED4124A3F.png

50 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Yes! I get them mixed up. I remember Darby, she always seemed smug as fuck, but I am not sure of the specifics. I missed the fact that Delaney is pregnant too. 

Darby's a real trip. IIRC, she was (among other things) a "sidewalk counselor", aka she harassed patients trying to access women's clinics, and considered it a "ministry".

However, she apparently hated Catholics more than she hated abortion, and wouldn't even protest alongside them.

Delaney seems more benign, so does their sister Erin. I suppose their beliefs may be just as bad, but I hold out hope (against all logic :pb_lol: )

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Can he be going to grad school without ever having gone to college or is he starting undergrad?

Think he has a bachelor's degree from the Sprouls' unaccredited bible college in Florida. Judging from his Twitter feed, he also seems to have been doing coursework of some sort this year:

Speaking of Sprouls, it's possible that Delaney may receive trust fund money from RC Sr's estate.

Whatever the case, they've received visas to move to the UK so they must have had to provide evidence of income or support.

Pic of JT at his graduation:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTvIuwLDDci/?taken-by=myfirstyearat50

myfirstyearat50: So his robe has been worn for 93 years. First by his great grandfather in 1924 (Harvard), grandmother (1961), father (1989) among other family members. We agreed tonight to have it worn for another 100.

I'm not sure I'd be so proud of going from Harvard to an unaccredited bible college.

15 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I'm surprised Beall has said nothing.

She's still dealing with being over 50.   Only one shock at a time. :)

7 hours ago, kpmom said:

Just curious, is the University of St. Andrews where Prince William went, and where he met Kate?

Yes. 

9 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Now surely two fundie expecting parents will not be using the dreaded socialized medicine while pregnant right?

Well, if they are hoping for that they could get a big shock.  The rules have changed.  they could get free emergency services and preventive care at but they will be billed for anything else.  https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-to-improve-overseas-visitors-contributions-to-nhs-care

On 8/12/2018 at 9:32 AM, DomWackTroll said:

We put up a good fight over at Datalounge, but just couldn't get enough votes to beat Doug/Matt. I stewed in bitterness for four long years... then got my sweet, sweet revenge. 

OMG blast from the past!  I remember this.  This poll jacking - along with FJ highjacking Makaziville and naming our characters things like FatJosh - are my favourite FreeJinger memories of 2012.  :romance-heartsthree:

11 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I'm not sure I'd be so proud of going from Harvard to an unaccredited bible college.

I'm not from the US, so please excuse me when I'm totally wrong in the following.

I'm pretty sure that there must be plenty accredited colleges and universities that offer an official degree in Theology and are still really strict in their belief. Why wouldn't a guy like JT, who obviously comes from a family with an academic background, go to one of the those schools? Is this based on limited finances or because they belief that these institutions aren't selling the right brand of christianity in their eyes?

Oh Darby. She is so in love with herself. I'm glad she isn't blogging and at the same time I hope she would do something like that. It would be snark worthy AF.

I scrolled through Beall's instagram, and when I hit the closeup picture of her with Jubilee it made me gasp.

It remains utterly horrifying to me how much DPIART's daughters match his taste in women.  Jubilee and Lourdes look SO much alike.:no:

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm pretty sure that there must be plenty accredited colleges and universities that offer an official degree in Theology and are still really strict in their belief. Why wouldn't a guy like JT, who obviously comes from a family with an academic background, go to one of the those schools? Is this based on limited finances or because they belief that these institutions aren't selling the right brand of christianity in their eyes?

I think it's mostly personal. Unlike Brown, Botkin, and Baucham, Spanky didn't kick Doug to the curb during the VF scandal. Nor did Spanky's parents. They just kept their mouths shut, which was about the best Doug could hope for. Perhaps they sensed that Spanky's own scandal was inevitable, but I also think that they actually like Doug, God help them. It's beyond my comprehension, but he seems to act like an addictive drug on some people, and they just can't quit, no matter what he does. 

Anyway, Joshua knew that Reformation Bible College would be the fundie equivalent of the much-mocked, liberal "safe space" for him. No prying questions, no challenging of his beliefs, no dangerous "triggers." Oh, the irony. 

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I scrolled through Beall's instagram, and when I hit the closeup picture of her with Jubilee it made me gasp.

It remains utterly horrifying to me how much DPIART's daughters match his taste in women.  Jubilee and Lourdes look SO much alike.:no:

IIRC, Jubilee and Lourdes look so similar they actually played the same character, Hylea, in "Alone Yet Not Alone" (Jubilee portrayed her as a child, Lourdes as an adult).

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Look what this vile pig has posted now.

He is fucking disgusting.  One woman is accused of harassment/abuse, therefore all women are lying whores.  

This from a man who voluntarily stepped down because he admitted to an inappropriate relationship with a woman who was essentially his unpaid teenage servant who looks like a clone of his daughter.  

And you know how I was saying that Doug is like a drug for some people? Susan Faulkner Disharoon is his biggest JUNKIE! Falling all over her damn self to "like" every freakin' thing he posts. 

1 minute ago, bea said:

Disharoon! Bradley’s wife?

Mother. 

And in case you haven't had enough VF hypocrisy today, FJ-ers, just go over to Kelly Crawford's Facebook page, where she has posted a photo of her daughter in a cheerleading uniform. 

Maybe this is counter-intuitive, and someone with more knowledge in PR can feel free to correct me, but if he wants everyone to forget about what happened, wouldn't it be better if he shut his fucking pie hole about it? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that he constantly reminds us what a huge lying sack of crap is, but you know, from his end? 

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Look what this vile pig has posted now.

How many Maxwellian Good Person Dollars will you give me to reply from my fake facebook account:

"100%!  Reminds me of this former church leader who accused all worldly people of being sinners, who had to resign in disgrace after inappropriate behavior with a female employee.  The name escapes me, but my was he a tool!"

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Maybe this is counter-intuitive, and someone with more knowledge in PR can feel free to correct me, but if he wants everyone to forget about what happened, wouldn't it be better if he shut his fucking pie hole about it? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that he constantly reminds us what a huge lying sack of crap is, but you know, from his end? 

If there's one thing Doug Phillips has always been consistent on, it's his self-absorption and constant need for adulation.  He has to be the hero of every story.  "Doug Phillips' Noble Fight Against Snake-Tongued Jezebels," is just another chapter in the narcissistic self-image he's created.  It can't ever be about Lourdes.  

On 8/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, nickelodeon said:

"Bye Karen"? It's always weird when hyper-bland white women make jokes about hyper-bland white women.

Who is Karen? I’m old & unhip. TIA!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived