IGNORED

Joy and Austin (and Gideon) 22: When Nothing Much Happens

Jellybean

Also how does she also have a bible verse so readily available? Especially one that like really gets her point (Don't let anyone look down on you because you're young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity).

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also how does she also have a bible verse so readily available? Especially one that like really gets her point (Don't let anyone look down on you because you're young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity).

28 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Either she knows her verses really well to pull one out like that, or she's going off what someone else told her when she tried saying she felt inadequate talking about it. Maybe she even read her Bible to put her fears at ease and found that verse.

Kind if feel like she was repeating, but love that she was honest about her feelings.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Because .... 'the Lord spaketh unto them and said "read my Word so that you become wholly holy, and place every line into your hearts so that you may go forth and quoteth to the Heathens on the internet'. And the righteous followed the Word of the Boob. Amen '. Book of Duggar, Chapter 2:Verse1

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Recovering from surgery (or recovery in general) is down to much more than age. Some people are incredibly fast back on their feet, some need longer.

It is nice to see she is out and active because it makes me assume she feels fine and hopefully isn’t pressured by anyone. 

Yes! I took forever to get going after my c section.  I had to stay in the hospital an extra 2 days because I just wasn't getting the hang of getting around especially with a new born.  But after that I took off, in two weeks I was doing much more and felt much better than most post c section. I just took a couple dayss to get the ball rolling. 

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Recovering from surgery (or recovery in general) is down to much more than age. Some people are incredibly fast back on their feet, some need longer.

It is nice to see she is out and active because it makes me assume she feels fine and hopefully isn’t pressured by anyone. 

Actually, given no active disease processes, younger folks, and children especially, have a much greater capacity for rapid recovery from surgery and other major illnesses-

I feel sorry for any of the fundie women who suffer from postpartum depression. I did, and even with amazing support I felt so inadequate and had so many days I could barely get up. I can’t imagine the pressure of having to smile for pictures and help out with their husband’s projects is as easy as it looks for all of them.

I think Joy was probably just hanging around the camp taking care of Gideon while Austin and Terry worked. One of the picture is taken from afar and shows those two working. I doubt Joy actually did strenuous work. 

22 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think Joy was probably just hanging around the camp taking care of Gideon while Austin and Terry worked. One of the picture is taken from afar and shows those two working. I doubt Joy actually did strenuous work. 

Agreed. She probably just went out there with Gideon to visit Austin for a bit. Maybe bring lunch for the menfolk.

9 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

She looks good but so, so young in those photos.

She and Kendra both have round baby cheeks. Wish Austin would have waited longer...

I think recovery is really down to the individual with any kind of birth. I was 10 years older than Joy when my son was born via c-section and I was cleared for all activity at 4 weeks postpartum by my OB. I bounced back incredibly well and was surprised by that because I know that is definitely not the case for everyone. As I get closer to delivering baby #2, I'm frequently reminding myself that whatever happens this time, things might not heal as easily as it did with baby #1. 

As much as Austin gives me weirdo vibes and how angering it is that Joy was married off so early, they look very genuinely happy and casual here. It’s kinda nice. I just hope for the best for her and hope Austin is well suited for her. I suppose it takes time to tell anywayB4DBEBFA-4D9F-4C76-82B3-9B7D27599883.jpeg.fe351c95be313f673498493fc4f9ec6e.jpeg

23 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Dear god I bet that verse got shoved down their throats all the time pre-wedding- be a good testimony and don't even THINK about doing anything more than holding hands (until you get married and go 0-100, of course)!!!

Hmm. Austin has abused Joy, they had premarital sex and are in therapy. Did they miss anything? Sheesh. Now that's what I call Fake News.

15 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Hmm. Austin has abused Joy, they had premarital sex and are in therapy. Did they miss anything? Sheesh. Now that's what I call Fake News.

Call me crazy, but I think Joy would have no problem laying Austin out flat if he ever put a hand on her. 

32 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Call me crazy, but I think Joy would have no problem laying Austin out flat if he ever put a hand on her. 

I shouldn't laugh, but you are so right, I also get the impression so would Austin's father, and a few of her brothers.  I don't get the creepy vibe from Austin, I get the quiet redneck simpleton country boy who just wants to be left to his dirt bikes, quads, hunting and mud to live his life.

52 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Oh I agree. I think they're still in their lovey honeymoon stage (understandably), but Joy strikes me as more sassy and willing to speak up for herself than her other sisters/sisters-in-law minus Jessa of course. I think they were able to get her to wear more dresses and act "ladylike" but I think she's still got a rough streak deep down. 

Austin has never gave me any bad vibes and their is nothing to suggest he has abused Joy. Joy and Austin have every right to take action against them as they have posted false articles about them before.

On 06/04/2018 at 11:26 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I shouldn't laugh, but you are so right, I also get the impression so would Austin's father, and a few of her brothers.  I don't get the creepy vibe from Austin, I get the quiet redneck simpleton country boy who just wants to be left to his dirt bikes, quads, hunting and mud to live his life.

Seriously though. I know a lot of guys like that. And, honestly, I don't get the Austin-hate (not on FJ, but other sites). If there is a Duggar in-law that gives me off vibes sometimes, it is Jeremy (Derrick is a whole nother batshit crazy thing I'm not touching with a 10000 ft pole), and I don't really have a good reason for feeling the way I do about him, except that I feel the power imbalance is bigger between JinJer than it is between the Seewalds and JoStin. 

Austin seems like a red-necked, hard working country boy. Joy seems like a red-necked, hard working country girl. They appear to be well suited. I don't get an abusive vibe from him at all. I don't blame them for not having much of a social media presence. The In Touch articles were out of line. Wonder what their beef is with Joy and Austin? I'm not a fan of their beliefs, but recognize their rights to hold different values than mine. 

18 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Seriously though. I know a lot of guys like that. And, honestly, I don't get the Austin-hate (not on FJ, but other sites). If there is a Duggar in-law that gives me off vibes sometimes, it is Jeremy (Derrick is a whole nother batshit crazy thing I'm not touching with a 10000 ft pole), and I don't really have a good reason for feeling the way I do about him, except that I feel the power imbalance is bigger between JinJer than it is between the Seewalds and JoStin. 

From what I've seen of Jeremy,he gives me vibes like he's bossy,arrogant and a complainer.

14 minutes ago, Markie said:

Austin seems like a red-necked, hard working country boy. Joy seems like a red-necked, hard working country girl. They appear to be well suited. I don't get an abusive vibe from him at all. I don't blame them for not having much of a social media presence. The In Touch articles were out of line. Wonder what their beef is with Joy and Austin? I'm not a fan of their beliefs, but recognize their rights to hold different values than mine. 

Exactly, Joy and Austin are rarely on social media and the posts they have made are no where near as offensive as the crap Derick says daily, I don't agree with their abortion posts but I don't get hurt over them either. Joy has just had a baby and major surgery, she doesn't need this on top of it. 

I have gotten a bad vibe from Austin, but that means essentially nothing. Beyond the fact that he's a male Christian fundamentalist, I so far have no reason to believe him to be abusive. The same was true for Josh before proof emerged. Having a bad feeling about someone is a perfectly legitimate reason to avoid that person yourself, or maybe even warn a friend, but it can't be used to draw objective conclusions about that person.

In Touch talks such shit. They (think it was them) claimed that the reason there weren’t many photos of Samuel Dillard was because he had some rare genetic condition, and pointed to the shape of his nose as a symptom!! Never mind that Israel had the same shaped nose and there were lots of photos of him.... :my_rolleyes:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived