IGNORED

Anne Rice on the pearls.

notsocommon

Good for Anne.

BTW, I recall when Anne announced her conversion to Christianity, but I seem to recall she changed her mind sometime after that. Does she identify with any religion now?

Good for Anne.

BTW, I recall when Anne announced her conversion to Christianity, but I seem to recall she changed her mind sometime after that. Does she identify with any religion now?

A year or so ago (I think?) she announced that she "quit being Christian" because of how Christianity has come to be associated with a number of things she disagreed with, particularly homosexuality (her son is gay). She's still really Christian, she just refuses to use that word.

Anne Rice was a devout atheist who returned to Catholicism. She is identifying with it less due to political issues, but I think she still believes in Catholicism.

Heh, she can call herself a devout atheist all she wants, she was always someone who WANTED to believe in the Church in the worst way. Even as a 13-year-old girl, reading Memnoch or Witching Hour, it was blatantly obvious that she had issues but was trying to sort them out. It wasn't a surprise when she went back to Christianity.

Archived