IGNORED

United States Congress of Fail - Part 4

Coconut Flan

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be best to concentrate Kremlin efforts on those senators whose re-election looks the iffiest

This is a good one from House Dems:

A Marco Rubio lookalike  said some sensible things recently but the real Marco is back 

This is funny and sad at the same time.

Video thread from the Senate hearing with Mike Pompeo.

I watched some of it and he was extremely cagey with questions about what NK really promised and what happened with Putin and Trump and why the president tweets one thing and says the official policy is another.

The feeling I came away with was a)  that Mike Pompeo doesn't really know what happened with Trump and Putin and b) he's not the adult in the room.

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

Well fuck. Is this setting the stage for axing Muller? I don’t know how the process goes but I fear this is the beginning of the end. No way Rosenstein can survive this. I just hope Muller has a dead mans switch 

If the Rasputins in the House vote to impeach, doesn't it still need two thirds in the Senate? That would seem unlikely. But no doubt it could and would be used as a weapon against his credibility.

One of these days Trumpsky is going to announce that he revoked Rosenstein and Mueller's security clearances.

A quick refresher on the impeachment process:

IMPEACHMENT PROCESS

The impeachment process involving the President of the United States, or any elected official at the federal level, requires both houses of Congress, each serving different functions.

It’s important to note that impeachment doesn’t refer to the removal of an elected official from office, but rather the initial step in removing that official.

The process includes the filing of formal charges, which at the federal level is performed by the U.S. House of Representatives, and the resulting trial, which is conducted by the U.S. Senate.

In the House of Representatives, an individual representative can initiate impeachment by introducing a bill, or the House can begin proceedings by passing a resolution. A simple majority of votes is enough to pass one or more articles of impeachment on to the Senate for trial.

The Senate then acts as courtroom, jury and judge, except in presidential impeachment trials, during which the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court acts as judge.

A two-thirds majority of the Senate is required to convict, and the penalty is usually removal from office, and sometimes disqualification from holding any future offices.

https://www.history.com/topics/impeachment-in-us-history

During this process, the person they are trying to impeach remains in their position. 

I have a new nickname for that fornicate stick Steve King. Sentient Klan Hood.

The entire GOP is wilfully complicit and should be obliterated from the political scene asap.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived