IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

@AlwaysDiscerning 90% of my fabric stash has come from the thrift store. While it does seem to be fairly uncommon item, it's not. The competition for clean, useable yardage is fierce which is why it's hard to find.

Who says the "bent can store"? Sounds like a child's description.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Curious said:

I notice she only has 23 likes on that post.  That seems kinda low for the number of followers she has doesn't it?

Especially when you consider that quite a few of those 'likes' are probably just people following the post to get notifications on the snark comments. :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

But anyway, I find that older generations do not understand the modern financial struggles like we young millennials do... No offense to anyone who is not a millennial! I do realize there are those who are older and have struggled WAYYY more than my hubby and I. It’s just a pattern I’ve noticed.

Hi, let me introduce my generation, contrary to what you might read in the media, we exist. We are called Generation X. We came of age in a recession, too. And I don't know a single person who did not have student loans. From age 23-26, the total of my rent and student loan payment left me with roughly $300 to pay for everything else each month. That included car expenses, utilities, and food. At one point, I gave up eating lunch at work to save money. And by "at one point", I mean for roughly two years. I did not own a computer until I was 37. I did not own even a flip phone cell phone until after most of the Boomers I know were carrying around iPhones. My husband and I reached age 40 without the means to buy a home. We lost three jobs between us due to fallout from the 2008 financial crisis. I know other people in my generation who are long term unemployed or drastically underemployed. I know more than one person in my generation who has declared bankruptcy at least once. Not a single person I know in my generation expects to ever retire. 

I know that you did not mean to imply that no older people understand financial difficulties. But I also know that according to the media, there are two generations --Boomers who are comfortable and Millennials who are struggling. We are out here in between and we do exist. And many of us have struggled or are still struggling. There are just fewer of us, so no one talks about it. 

@louisa05 my parents are from Gen X I do believe! Frustratingly, I live in an area where everyone age 30+ is either wealthy or dirt poor and anyone age 29 and below is scrambling to either graduate college or find a minimum wage job to pay those loans for the next 20+ years. My dad in particular is familiar with the financial hardships from the late 90’s and then again from the 2008 recession. It really does suck. And I’m sorry it sucks so bad! We’re all in this together. Well, all of a who do NOT live in Lori-sized mansions...

37 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

@AlwaysDiscerning 90% of my fabric stash has come from the thrift store. While it does seem to be fairly uncommon item, it's not. The competition for clean, useable yardage is fierce which is why it's hard to find.

You've had much better luck than I've ever had!  I've rarely found fabric at thrift stores, and even more rarely found anything I can use.  

3 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

You've had much better luck than I've ever had!  I've rarely found fabric at thrift stores, and even more rarely found anything I can use.  

Our town has a nonprofit used fabric store, where you can donate yardage and sewing supplies and shop for what you want. They teach sewing classes and sell clothing made from their materials by local sewers. It's great.

Their promo includes stats on how many tons of discarded fabric and clothes go into landfills to uselessly rot away.

15 hours ago, Carol said:

Someone mentioned on the Scary Mommy FB page that they feared Lori would have a breakdown if Ken cheated on her.

IMO, they remain together by holding each other hostage.  They use leverage against each other because of their fear of divorce, it's economic effect and how it looks like to the outside world.  Ken fears losing half of what he has built up, Lori's fear is, "Oh shit, I'll lose my community standing, my home, my lifestyle, my blog and all the attention I get!  OMG, I might have to get a job"!  

I wonder if the cheating ship has already sailed.  I wonder if Ken told Lori that he cheated in some misguided attempt at honesty.  I could see Lori's reaction being, "I KNEW it!!" and threaten to tell the kids that their dad isn't a saint.  Ken, at the end of his rope says, "OK, fine, but you'll lose everything".  Lori backs off after realizing this will ruin her life.

I've had suspicions that Ken has cheated on Lori and told her it was due to how she treated him. She said in past blog entries that she was  disrespectful of Ken. I dislike both of them, but I have a feeling that Lori treated Ken like shit from the beginning and he in turn was an ass to her and cheated at some point.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they stayed together for economic reasons. Ken would have hated losing money in divorce proceedings and Lori wouldn't have wanted to reenter the workforce if alimony and child support weren't enough.  Also, I suspect Lori's doctor daddy is an asshole like her and he might have bad mouthed Ken's business if there had been a divorce.

Lori has a second post up today on Halloween (the one she ran last year) and how we should use it to spread the gospel by giving them a scripture verse along with the candy or talk to the parents at the door about church. I am sure this was all discussed here last year, but had to point out this part

Love people enough to put yourself out of your comfort zone and take every opportunity possible to share the hope of the Gospel with a fallen world. A lot of people are searching for Truth and you have it!

Lori has had thousands of wasted opportunities to love and get out of her comfort zone on her blog, but she deletes them all. How many chances has she had to share the gospel to people searching for truth and she scrubs them all. How many questions asked that are instantly deleted. 

6 hours ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

Yeah, I am 99% certain that Lori wrote this herself. Ironically, some of this sounds like my in-laws to a tee. What makes today’s post really odd though is the supposed age of the “anonymous woman”. 21 with two kids? Definitely possible. However, that means the 3 year old would have been born when the woman was 18. And if the woman was “godly”, then she would have needed to be married BEFORE that. So likely, age 17. Which Lori wouldn’t have thought about when writing the post. Sigh.

@AlwaysDiscerning you might be right about the “anonymous” woman being older (potentially if she is real). I laugh when my grandmas talk about expenses and such. They are doing fine financially. My husband and I are in our 20s and I have no idea how I am going to afford grad school starting in January. Neither of us have debt from undergrad so student loans will be new to us. And I consider it a huge blessing that we haven’t had to pay for education thus far. But anyway, I find that older generations do not understand the modern financial struggles like we young millennials do... No offense to anyone who is not a millennial! I do realize there are those who are older and have struggled WAYYY more than my hubby and I. It’s just a pattern I’ve noticed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lori combed through some of her fangirls' comments and made up that story. There have been some Lori fangirls and some fundie bloggers who have built homes on land given to them by parents or in-laws. Lori could have made it up as a way of making it seem that she has more fans.

shandasmith.PNG.75ba5da854d42400eb1c404051b93094.PNG

Look at the prideful, arrogant response of Mark Kristina. I am sure plenty of wives before being left thought the exact same thing! Everyone goes into it positive until shit hits the fan. I agree with Lindsay, but she still overlooks the point of what are women are left suppose to do for money? 

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

shandasmith.PNG.75ba5da854d42400eb1c404051b93094.PNG

Look at the prideful, arrogant response of Mark Kristina. I am sure plenty of wives before being left thought the exact same thing! Everyone goes into it positive until shit hits the fan. I agree with Lindsay, but she still overlooks the point of what are women are left suppose to do for money? 

I cringed when I read that reply. How many of these women call themselves Christians? When I disagree I always try to be polite. I'm much more snarky on this forum  haha. And it's great her husband might not leave her but he can still pass away. A little compassion would be nice. I think they've pick up on Lori's habits thinking they can get away with it because they're "righteous". And the next reply is more empty words that just tell her she doesn't have a right to feel as she does.

That Mark Kristina sounds like a delusional "nothing bad will happen to me" moron. Sure, the guy might not leave her, but other shit still happens and there might not be any magical church with infinite resources nearby her. Also, if her husband becomes disabled and can't work, SSDI still might not be enough for multiple people to live off of.

I'm betting Mark Kristina Benjamin is one of those couples who has a joint FB account for a reason. Sometimes it because one of them cheated and wants to monitor the other's activity. Lately, I've encountered a couple of fundie type women who have accounts that are listed as "Husband's First Name, Wife's First Name and then Last Name or the reverse in some. My friend's step-MIL and FIL got involved with some very conservative Pentecostal church where many of the members have joint FB accounts because of submissiveness.

@delphinium65 I ask store employees when the linen section is replenished so I get first crack. I also make friends with the staff and ask them if they would be willing to set aside what I'm looking for. I bring in baked goodies from time to time as a bribe. Lol. Its worked in the past but I'm in a new city and haven't found a good junk shop yet.

@older than allosaurs where is this magical store? 

15 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I cringed when I read that reply. How many of these women call themselves Christians? When I disagree I always try to be polite. I'm much more snarky on this forum  haha. And it's great her husband might not leave her but he can still pass away.

I was glad that Stephanie Martinez gave that reply to that woman and it's true. Breadwinners aren't immortal and some aren't going to live to old age.

Mark Kristina, I would suggest you Google Terry Martin Hekker, author of Ever Since Adam and Eve, whose husband traded her in for a younger model and served her with divorce papers on their 40th anniversary, and see what it’s like being dumped in your early sixties with no job experience.(I read the book and enjoyed it, though I thought she came off somewhat condescending to working moms.  I wouldn’t wish what happened to her on anyone, though.)

I wonder if Ken cheated, not just once, with female co-workers. That would go a long way toward explaining her 'I hate women who work!' obsession.  

12 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I wonder if Ken cheated, not just once, with female co-workers. That would go a long way toward explaining her 'I hate women who work!' obsession.  

That thought has crossed my mind as well.  If that did happen, maybe her in dumb fuck mind she believes that if women stayed at home there would less or no more affairs. There are various ways people have affairs and it's not always with a co-worker.

Someone here shared this little tidbit from the chatroom. So she shared her sunbathing habits there but why oh why admit to that publicly. I don't care if only Ken is home, it still doesn't look good against her modesty stance.  

By ‘little clothes’ does she mean little clothes or few clothes?  Or few little clothes?  I’m not entirely convinced that a photo of a recliner adds anything at all to her post. Are we supposed to be imagining Lori all lathered up in her little clothes, buttside up, curing her own potential cancer?  :dontgetit:

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

By ‘little clothes’ does she mean little clothes or few clothes?  Or few little clothes?  I’m not entirely convinced that a photo of a recliner adds anything at all to her post. Are we supposed to be imagining Lori all lathered up in her little clothes, buttside up, curing her own potential cancer?  :dontgetit:

LOL!! She is worse that an 20 year old in taking pictures of random things and thinking people care. Think the whole point was to admonish those not taking or getting their vitamin D. And I imagine you don't need to be in skimpy clothes to get adequate D.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived