IGNORED

Melania Trump:Looking for a platform, and a stylist.

GrumpyGran

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

Last year she had red trees. Will this year's be blue, for the other half of the Russian flag?

How about red, white, and blue trees? White on top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom. So patriotic!

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 2

Remind me again, America, why there was such a scandal over Janet Jackson's nipple, but a braless FLOTUS is just fine.

• Upvote 12

Besides how it exposes her boobs, that dress (outfit?) is Jill Rodrigues-level unflattering and over-frilled. The level of "what were you thinking?!" makes even someone who shrugs off fashion choices, like me, feel the need to comment.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

She wore the outfit for a Hispanic Heritage event. I wonder if she thought the skirt was flamenco-esque, and therefore appropriate. I can just imagine her thinking "those people like bright colors and flounces."

Spoiler

426429381_melaniaathispanicheritageevent.jpg.9f74edda6e6016e6d6d68687d33ae4ef.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 7/27/2019 at 7:31 AM, fraurosena said:

Remind me again, America, why there was such a scandal over Janet Jackson's nipple, but a braless FLOTUS is just fine.

The BTs are completely caught up in the idea that Melania used to be a "model", that she "speaks 5 languages" (I won't editorialize on that one), and that she's "hot". Sadly, in our society, women perceived as "attractive" get away with much more than women not perceived as "attractive" 

For the record, I thought Michelle Obama was beautiful, inside and out.

And giving Melania a pass on her braless outfit is another example of misogyny in action.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

The BTs are completely caught up in the idea that Melania used to be a "model", that she "speaks 5 languages" (I won't editorialize on that one), and that she's "hot". Sadly, in our society, women perceived as "attractive" get away with much more than women not perceived as "attractive" 

For the record, I thought Michelle Obama was beautiful, inside and out.

And giving Melania a pass on her braless outfit is another example of misogyny in action.

Be Breast!

• Haha 21

I should also add, I still frequently hear from my BT friends how "hot" Melania is, and how she is much better looking than Michelle.:pb_rollseyes:

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

Speaking of a stylish Flotus...

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I think looks are a shallow way to judge a person. But, I do react to what I see -- for me, it's more about expressiveness.

Whatever features nature gave someone, and whatever they've done to enhance, care for and dress those features, I'll take warmth, intelligence, and humor showing through the face of someone who is free to speak for herself:

Spoiler

image.png.f69256ce6f846c0726e56299e134d23a.pngimage.png.bb157ad941e00e388de5439e60e04ddc.png

over a dead-eyed model-face on someone who used to be able to show expression:

Spoiler

image.png.54c43171d2f475dc919fcda65625e42a.png

We can never know 100% what our nearest and dearest are thinking, let alone a public figure. But when I look at Michelle Obama, I like to think we have heard a lot of who she is and what she thinks, and that I see that reflected in her face, posture and movements.

With Melania, we see 0% -- there's no way to know whether she is a stupid empty shell or bright, whether she actually likes Donald or would kill him if she could, whether she is complicit and as evil as him, or in fear for her life. I imagine the truth is somewhere in between for all three, but who knows?

That makes me shudder whenever I see her, even when she does look good physically and is dressed tastefully.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 6

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I think looks are a shallow way to judge a person. But, I do react to what I see -- for me, it's more about expressiveness.

Whatever features nature gave someone, and whatever they've done to enhance, care for and dress those features, I'll take warmth, intelligence, and humor showing through the face of someone who is free to speak for herself:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f69256ce6f846c0726e56299e134d23a.png image.png.bb157ad941e00e388de5439e60e04ddc.png

Reveal hidden contents

We can never know 100% what our nearest and dearest are thinking, let alone a public figure. But when I look at Michelle Obama, I like to think we have heard a lot of who she is and what she thinks, and that I see that reflected in her face, posture and movements.

With Melania, we see 0% -- there's no way to know whether she is a stupid empty shell or bright, whether she actually likes Donald or would kill him if she could, whether she is complicit and as evil as him, or in fear for her life. I imagine the truth is somewhere in between for all three, but who knows?

That makes me shudder whenever I see her, even when she does look good physically and is dressed tastefully.

You are right. It is about authenticity more than appearance. To me, it’s even more about what someone does, their actions and attitudes toward others. 

That said, when you have a very public role to fulfill, the way you dress, the way you present yourself to the world, becomes important too. Because then it is also about the image, and the message you are non-verbally stating about yourself, and more importantly the country you represent. In a way, as Potus and Flotus, as PM, as Chancellor, as King and Queen, you are the embodiment of your country. How you appear to others in that capacity then becomes quite significant.

Juding Melania on her dress style is more than simply snarking on the outfit she’s chosen to wear. It’s commenting on her choice to represent her country in that way.

• Upvote 16

12 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Hide contents

image.png.f69256ce6f846c0726e56299e134d23a.png image.png.bb157ad941e00e388de5439e60e04ddc.png

Hide contents

I have a genuine question and I hope it’s not too mean - but what (specifically) has caused her face to look so blank? Is it Botox? Has a nerve been cut during a facelift? Or is this an image she is deliberately curating?

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, adidas said:

I have a genuine question and I hope it’s not too mean - but what (specifically) has caused her face to look so blank? Is it Botox? Has a nerve been cut during a facelift? Or is this an image she is deliberately curating?

I'm guessing all of the above. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 7/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, fraurosena said:

There are these inexpensive things called Dimrs Self Adhesive Silicon Nipple Covers, for just this situation, available at WalMart,  FFS, because even WalMart shoppers know to cover up their nipples.  So, Melania, that's not a good look for your new, uh, kidneys. 

Whoever let her out the door like that should be fired, unless she was trotted out like that specifically to be a distraction. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Juding Melania on her dress style is more than simply snarking on the outfit she’s chosen to wear. It’s commenting on her choice to represent her country in that way.

Oh, I agree -- after all, I was pretty scathing about that see-through top with the cheesy faux-flamenco skirt!

I was just going on to talk about faces, and how near-constant lack of expression is distressing to me, even on a pretty face.

I think Michelle Obama is beautiful, and the first picture I posted shows that. But what I like about the second picture of her is that she is not afraid to make a face that may not be as pretty as a smile, but shows fun, wit, maybe a little mischief.

I can't imagine Melania scrunching up her lips and chin like that. If you google Melania Trump laughing, there are very few images -- I will grant that some of them look pretty genuine.

15 hours ago, adidas said:

It sure is hard to tell, isn't it? As @fraurosena said, it could be all of the above.

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 27 July 2019 at 3:31 PM, fraurosena said:

She looks awful. Cheap and awful. What is she playing at? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• 3 weeks later...

So, is this the reason behind the Cheetos tweetstorm this weekend?  

Edited by treehugger
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, treehugger said:

So, is this the reason behind the Cheetos tweetstorm this weekend?  

Even Brigitte Macron thinks it's scandalous!

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

*rubs hands* Does this mean that when Trump is voted out of office, she’ll be deported?

Oh, and her parents too, of course.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't want my family used as a photo op for anyone associated with the tangerine toddler:

• Upvote 4

There is something about Melania, like many of the odious-adjacent women we watch, that makes me sad. Many victims can recognize another victim. I think Trump abuses her, and so who knows if she actively shares his odious views. She may just repeat them out of Stockholm Syndrome, or repeat them to avoid getting throttled or watching their son get throttled. Maybe she parrots them because she fears for her parents.

The point: what she says is horrible. Full stop. But if it comes to pass that there truly was abuse in that marriage, then I would readily forgive her if/when she came to her senses. Abuse is a horrible, poisonous, insidious thing that turns even our brightest minds into insects. Also, Melania Trump.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Thank you for such a warm introduction.."

:pb_lol:

• Upvote 5

Yeah I heard about Mrs. Herr Orange getting booed.  I don't care how many pearl clutchers come out of the woodwork to complain about it, I'm perfectly fine with her getting booed.  She made her bed and can now lie in it.  (But I'm trying not to picture anyone laying in a bed next to Herr Orange because that's just too disgusting). 

• I Agree 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic