IGNORED

just wondered if anyone ever noticed... Duggars

kjkj

when josh and anna announced their first pregnancy, jim bob asked them how many children they want to have. anyone ever noticed that anna's reply was "as many as possible" ? josh quickly jumped in over her and spewed out the usual "whatever God blesses us with" speech, but anna's answer really weirded me out.

i wonder what she'd say now...

Guest Anonymous

It's easy to say as many as possible when you don't have any kids yet. But when the fatigue, lack of sleep, exhaustion, and lack of help from your partner kicks you in the ass I'm sure you would be thinking otherwise. Especially when the kids are close in age. My sis is going through this right now, she has children that are 10 months apart and it's really hard for her. Don't even ask when she is going to have another one. It's not happening and she always wanted a big family.

Supposedly, one poster from the Duggar forum knew the Duggars through her husband (apparently, her husband is related to them somehow) and she mentioned in one post that Josh and Anna want 3 or 4 children. So, maybe they are wanting to step out of the Quiverful movement.

They both said that about 4 months into the marriage when they did not know anything about the real world. They were both following what they grew up on since that's all they knew. After 3.5 years of being together and with two children, I'm sure they might have realized certain things that they may or may not agree with anymore. Anna's BIL did say that less than 10% of children are continuing to follow Gothard and his beliefs so maybe they might not do the same?

Then again, they're definitely leaning towards as being the younger version of JB and Michelle, with all the phrases they say and the "M" names they've continued with.

when josh and anna announced their first pregnancy, jim bob asked them how many children they want to have. anyone ever noticed that anna's reply was "as many as possible" ? josh quickly jumped in over her and spewed out the usual "whatever God blesses us with" speech, but anna's answer really weirded me out.

i wonder what she'd say now...

Yes, I did and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say anything about it. So much for "leaving it up to God"!

Supposedly, one poster from the Duggar forum knew the Duggars through her husband (apparently, her husband is related to them somehow) and she mentioned in one post that Josh and Anna want 3 or 4 children. So, maybe they are wanting to step out of the Quiverful movement.

They both said that about 4 months into the marriage when they did not know anything about the real world. They were both following what they grew up on since that's all they knew. After 3.5 years of being together and with two children, I'm sure they might have realized certain things that they may or may not agree with anymore. Anna's BIL did say that less than 10% of children are continuing to follow Gothard and his beliefs so maybe they might not do the same?

Then again, they're definitely leaning towards as being the younger version of JB and Michelle, with all the phrases they say and the "M" names they've continued with.

when they got married they kept repeating how they would be perfectly happy with 3 or 4 but would accept as many as God give them. I think it's just a misinterpretation of what they say or will have ;)

I really hope for the sake of their existing children that they don't have a dozen more, but I find that very unlikely. Using no birth control, not even the rhythm method, was actually in their marriage vows. And even if they decided to break that vow and use BC, they would have no idea how. I'm sure they've been fed lies that the pill causes abortion and that a vasectomy is ineffective. They do have internet access now, but I'm sure they self-monitor for fear of going to Hell, and there is more crap on the internet than truth but they've certainly never been taught the critical analysis skills to determine which is which. I could see them getting divorced eventually, but that's the only way the babies will stop.

I just find it disturbing how they talk about Josh being the authority and allowing God to decide how many children they should have in their vows. Yes, please tell the audience how many times you plan on porking your future spouse.

IYes, please tell the audience how many times you plan on porking your future spouse.

Thanks. Cuz of you I just snorted Birthday Cake Ice Cream into my sinuses.

Thanks. Cuz of you I just snorted Birthday Cake Ice Cream into my sinuses.

And I just shot Diet Dr Pepper out of mine

Yes, please tell the audience how many times you plan on porking your future spouse.

I just shot coffee out of my sinuses. :lol:

Archived