IGNORED

Fundy Sex is OK if you call it rape???

jjmennonite

Check this out:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/ ... 55881.html

Usually I am very dubious about accused rapists saying 'it was consensual'. This girl is not likely a fundy with frumpers, like we normally snark on, but she still has that fundy conflict between purity and her body's desires.

So in order to cover her guilt she cries rape.

Check this out:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/ ... 55881.html

Usually I am very dubious about accused rapists saying 'it was consensual'. This girl is not likely a fundy with frumpers, like we normally snark on, but she still has that fundy conflict between purity and her body's desires.

So in order to cover her guilt she cries rape.

If she's a fundy, what is she doing going to a strip club for a party??

Guest Anonymous

I really feel bad for him.Poor guy. He's a social worker, for crying out loud, and she's just a cheater trying to save face with her fundie husband when he found out about it. What a bitch.

Guest Anonymous

It's Cnews, not CNS news etc....so, she goes for a girls' night out before getting married, bangs a stripper, feels guilty, and cries rape to new hubby....great. I don't think this has much to do with fundiehood as it does with deception and regret.

How reliable is this site, anyway.

As reliable as any other news site. It's one of several major news sites in Canada.

so how good of a christian is she for trying to ruin someones life to further her own future? see abstinence does not work she was a christian gone wild.

I don't think this has much to do with fundiehood as it does with deception and regret.

Definitely deception and regret, but has a lot to do with her fundamentalist teachings, IMO. Or lack of teachings, perhaps. I have only 1 daughter, 18, and I taught her all sorts of things about sex and drinking that I had to learn on my own - although I doubt I would have had sex in a strip club the week before my wedding . . . well, I didn't, anyway. I told her things like if you don't know somebody well enough to talk about birth control, you don't know them well enough to have sex with them. I gave her lots of advice about drinking, and staying safe. All I was told was don't drink and don't have sex.

I'm curious about asexuality. I had never heard of it before now as a sexual lifestyle/choice. Do people consider themselves born that way ? How does it work? Is this too personal? If so, please ignore, and I apologize.

I'm curious about asexuality. I had never heard of it before now as a sexual lifestyle/choice. Do people consider themselves born that way ? How does it work? Is this too personal? If so, please ignore, and I apologize.

Asexuality means that you have no sexual attaraction to either men, or women.

It's about as much as a choice as homosexuality is.

Meaning none

False rape accusations are actually very rare. Just statistically, this was probably an actual case of rape, although of course the rapist will claim innocence just like any other criminal.

I don't think that fundies would use rape as an excuse because they'll lose their "purity" no matter what, and probably just be blamed for it anyway. Don't you guys remember the 15 year-old girl who had to apologize in front of her church because she became pregnant when a married member of the congregation raped her?

Guest Anonymous

usually I am inclined to believe the victim, having been one myself, but in a case where you have photos of the victim partying happily with the defendent immediately after the offence is supposed to have taken place, and then getting a further lap dance from him (paid for), the evidence doesn't really hold up. Bad judgement and probably more than a little alcohol, yes, but rape? Doesn't look like it.

The female really didn't seem to be Fundy though, maybe on the edges of Fundy lite because it's not like she was a virgin and waiting for marriage - there's a line that she had abstained for several months before marriage for religious reasons.

Her behavior afterwards really tells the story, IMO. :clap: for getting it right, court system!

I really feel bad for him.Poor guy. He's a social worker, for crying out loud, and she's just a cheater trying to save face with her fundie husband when he found out about it. What a bitch.

Yep. This sounds to me like she freaked out when her husband found out and then tried to cover her own sorry ass.

Archived