IGNORED

Doug Phillips jumps the shark

Deleted12

Dougie's prose is as turgid as... well, let's not finish that thought. At any rate, he has no business holding a writing seminar.

Herein inscribed in this weblog journal are the up-to-this-very-instant comments and reviews, criticisms and commentary, and reflections of Doug Phillips. Whether you are interested in his latest travels, book recommendations, historical commentary, cultural insight, encouragement for the family, or random musings, Doug’s Blog is where you are most likely to hear about it first.

Dougie's prose is as turgid as... well, let's not finish that thought. At any rate, he has no business holding a writing seminar.

"Herein inscribed in"? Didn't anyone tell him that archaic words also mean things and aren't just pretty decoration?

"Herein inscribed in"? Didn't anyone tell him that archaic words also mean things and aren't just pretty decoration?

When they come home from a trip, I bet he says "Here we are, back to our place of origin from whence we came!"

Doug's latest post/dress up photo dump misspells amphibious as amphibeous. I'm counting how long it will take the VF interns to change it...

Doug's latest post/dress up photo dump misspells amphibious as amphibeous. I'm counting how long it will take the VF interns to change it...

As long as it takes until they read about their mistakes here. They won't catch it before then.

If that WAS a direct quote, don't these people proofread anything? The Vision Forum site is full of spelling and grammatical errors. Surely there must be one person there with a degree in English who could edit for them. You know, before he or she saw the light and realized that a college degree is wasteful, useless, and evil.

Yes, it was a direct quote. No, they never proofread anything. :P

Why is it that every time I read about Doug Phillips, I want to drop a dime to the IRS because I think Vision Forum is a tax-evading scam?

He also includes this gem:

It was the last war fought by men who were born from parents who themselves were born in the age of Christendom and the pre-modern world.

Um. What??? When did "the age of Christendom" end??? Why didn't I get the memo? And a pre-modern world? How does he define pre-modern?

And even if I bought the whole "their parents were Perfect! Christian! Examples! that doesn't mean anything. The vets of WWII still have/had free will.

Stupid.

Also for those of you who were wondering, Dougie et. al. probably won't let/encourage their kids to join the military because according to him, all wars since WWII are unjustified. Because God and the Constitution are the Exact. Same. Thing., and God wants Congress to declare war.

Punctuation and spelling as in the original.

“I was there — sixty-seven years ago, as yet unborn, in the hopes and dreams of my father as he fought against the evils of Nazism and to preserve freedom. I was there, on June 6th this year, to celebrate God’s blessing of victory in that struggle. You NEED to share this celebratory trip with us as it was skillfully recorded and documented by Vision Forum — register here and be equippled to more fully appreciate and honor your fathers with us. Becky Belcher Morecraft

I am not the world's best speller, BUT, I know "equippled" is not a word. And she teaches writing!

And AND, she was THERE, (although unborn) because non-existent sperm TOTALLY count as a baby. Do these people know nothing of human reproduction??

Her maiden name was Belcher. Heh. I wonder if she pronounced it "Belch-er" or "Bel-cher" (Cher like the singer). Huh. Now I have a vision of her as a fundie Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet).

"Equippled" is an *adorable* word. I want to hug it, love it and make it part of the English language.

I also want Doug to FOAD. Or at least give up posting on t'interwebz for full time anaconda hunting.

Punctuation and spelling as in the original.

“I was there — sixty-seven years ago, as yet unborn, in the hopes and dreams of my father as he fought against the evils of Nazism and to preserve freedom. I was there, on June 6th this year, to celebrate God’s blessing of victory in that struggle. You NEED to share this celebratory trip with us as it was skillfully recorded and documented by Vision Forum — register here and be equippled to more fully appreciate and honor your fathers with us. Becky Belcher Morecraft

I am not the world's best speller, BUT, I know "equippled" is not a word. And she teaches writing!

And AND, she was THERE, (although unborn) because non-existent sperm TOTALLY count as a baby. Do these people know nothing of human reproduction??

Her maiden name was Belcher. Heh. I wonder if she pronounced it "Belch-er" or "Bel-cher" (Cher like the singer). Huh. Now I have a vision of her as a fundie Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet).

I'm sure it's Bell-SHAY. :roll:

Now, then, to important things: Oh. My. Dog. "I was there ... in the hopes and dreams ... and you should be there, too, spend money"??????? If ever I was inclined to give this contemporary of mine a pass, the time's gone.

I don't care if her husband is quasi-disabled physically, nor if she's foolish enough to have her countenance splayed on the webz making faces in a shawl and granny glasses. She's revealed herself to be an unrepentant Doug-monger. She's shilling his DVDs and selling out any last remaining shred of self-respect. Ok, I don't know that. She may (probably does) have self-respect to the end of her girlish curls.

I just get irritated when I see people of some education try to con people with less education and/or discernment.

Previously posted this in its own topic but it really belongs here.

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2011/06/9493/

The grammar and misspellings are nothing compared to the nonsensical nature of the title of the photo, below. As well, if indeed the photo is of a cemetary cemeterry graveyard, there certainly are no headstones visible...

The "let's imagine the past was a different color" look reminds me of the first two lines of the film While You Were Sleeping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7opDB1P ... age#t=132s

Thoughtful??

I love you!!!!!

:lol: :clap: :dance: :P

I'm so glad I could amuse you!

:character-jestercolor:

Um, do these vets know they're "dyeing"? I don't think they got the memo. The whole thing sounds like we're supposed to be graveside for their burial by the time this video is over.

We can also watch as "Doug Phillips interviews a French WWII survivor," because there are so few of those around. She's an eyewitness of the French liberation. Does that mean she was there on the beach playing in the sand when the soldiers stormed the beach?

Previously posted this in its own topic but it really belongs here.

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2011/06/9493/

The grammar and misspellings are nothing compared to the nonsensical nature of the title of the photo, below. As well, if indeed the photo is of a cemetary cemeterry graveyard, there certainly are no headstones visible...

Help this picture is defrauding me!!! and no, Dougie, I'm not talking about you, but the younger men to the right... your sons(?) :D

Didn't realize he was interested in the fiber arts. I know where he can get some nice sock yarn blanks if he needs something to live for . . .

that was the first thing I noticed.

and speaking as a fiber artist, we don't want his loony ass.

• 1 year later...

Archived