IGNORED

Doug Phillips jumps the shark

Deleted12

I think Doug Phillips' entire existence revolves around perpetual shark jumping.

So what is Doug Phillips prepared to die for anyway? He seems to be quite prepared to pontificate about most things (all the better if he can make a buck or two) but I don't see him joining the army, or doing anything much to help anyone. Even his sweaty, manly romp in the Amazon was done in air-conditioned comfort. :roll: Wanker.

He makes my brain hurt. Half the time I honestly don't even 'get' what point he is trying to make. He is a loon.

I am disappointed by this thread. I expected actual sharks. And then when I saw it said "a final farewell," I hoped that was Dougie's farewell to the public.

I know it's been said before, but how freaking creepy is it to couch this alleged tribute in language like "a final farewell" and "last living"? Let's remind the elderly vets that they are about to keel over dead a whole lot, shall we? It's like the whole thing isn't actually meant to be read or watched by the subjects.

Guest Anonymous
I am disappointed by this thread. I expected actual sharks. And then when I saw it said "a final farewell," I hoped that was Dougie's farewell to the public.

I know it's been said before, but how freaking creepy is it to couch this alleged tribute in language like "a final farewell" and "last living"? Let's remind the elderly vets that they are about to keel over dead a whole lot, shall we? It's like the whole thing isn't actually meant to be read or watched by the subjects.

That's our Dougie, picking their bones while they're still alive (and charging them for it). I'd call him a scavenger (oh, wait-I just did), but that would be an insult to vultures everywhere. They at least have the decency to wait for their meals to croak first.

Aw man!! I saw the website URL, and I thought HE was saying farewell to the public too! That's false advertising! :p

"Here is my view — if you do not have something worth dyeing for, you have nothing to live for."

Didn't realize he was interested in the fiber arts. I know where he can get some nice sock yarn blanks if he needs something to live for . . .

Didn't realize he was interested in the fiber arts. I know where he can get some nice sock yarn blanks if he needs something to live for . . .

Oh good, I'm not the only one that noticed that. :lol:

I was trying to come up with some retort about yarn or something...but you did better!

First Draft: "Here is my view — if you do not have something worth making other people dyeing for, you have nothing to live for."

Second Draft: "Here is my view — if you do not have something worth making other people pay you dyeing for, you have nothing to live for."

Final Draft: "Here is my view — if you do not have something worth dyeing for, you have nothing to live for."

Hey Dougie, you can, you know, live for living. Kind of like you live for making a living off other people just a wee bit more simple than you are. Just a thought.

If that WAS a direct quote, don't these people proofread anything? The Vision Forum site is full of spelling and grammatical errors. Surely there must be one person there with a degree in English who could edit for them. You know, before he or she saw the light and realized that a college degree is wasteful, useless, and evil.

"Here is my view — if you do not have something worth dyeing for, you have nothing to live for."

Bahaha!!! :lol:

I need to get some shirts worth dyeing... my life is not worth living!!! :doh:

ETA: it was a direct quote, from this page: www . afinalfarewell.org/articles/why_we_are_going_how_to_die_li/

http://www.afinalfarewell.org/

Here ya go, Doug!

Tie-dye:

tie_dye_shirts.jpg

Batik:

Sarong%20Male%20-%20Camo%20Swirl%20Best%20(finished).jpg?1304926992

A little pun that might help you recognize your error:

salute-you.jpg

Hair:

tumblr_l4dc2810G91qblw85.jpg

Easter eggs:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8SPAuyS0a08/TaRXsUpeIMI/AAAAAAAAAC4/VWkRSkLUudo/s1600/Colorful-dyed-easter-eggs.jpeg

Because I'm starving, well, really hungry, I zeroed in on the Food as Culture video. You can PAY to see Dougie "experience" fish and chips in Scotland. 1. Like fish and chips are exotic food! 2. How the Hell do I get people to pay me to travel and eat!?!?

He will charge people for anything! Worse, people are paying. :think:

Guest Anonymous
Because I'm starving, well, really hungry, I zeroed in on the Food as Culture video. You can PAY to see Dougie "experience" fish and chips in Scotland. 1. Like fish and chips are exotic food! 2. How the Hell do I get people to pay me to travel and eat!?!?

He will charge people for anything! Worse, people are paying. :think:

I'm traveling from the NW side of Portland to the SE side of Portland for some Vietnamese food tonight. Now that I've told all of you this much, that will be $10.00 apiece. Paypal and all major credit cards accepted.

Does Doug know that you can dye yarn (well, wool and protein fibers) with Kool-Aid? It's not just for drinking by his followers!

If that WAS a direct quote, don't these people proofread anything? The Vision Forum site is full of spelling and grammatical errors. Surely there must be one person there with a degree in English who could edit for them. You know, before he or she saw the light and realized that a college degree is wasteful, useless, and evil.

Why isn't Mr's M taking care of it?

http://www.visionforum.com/browse/product/mrs-morecrafts-minding-the-ps-and-qs-of-proper/

45974_m.jpg

From the Promo material:

When we last left Polly, she was sipping tea with the First Lady of the Commonwealth. But, alas, out of her lips slipped the fated and fabled foible of the fraternizing Facebook generation.

“Like totally, your highness. I, like, totally get it.â€

Faux pas!

Hours of Internet idioms and Twitter tweeting had left Polly prosaically impaired, verbally impoverished, and wallowing in a pool of inarticulation.

It’s a pickle. How shall Polly be polished?

Ever hopeful, her parents sent her to Mrs. Morecraft’s School of Elocution and Composition.

Why isn't Mr's M taking care of it?

http://www.visionforum.com/browse/product/mrs-morecrafts-minding-the-ps-and-qs-of-proper/

45974_m.jpg

From the Promo material:

Well, dearest*, that would be because Mrs. Morecraft is a lady-female, and humans such as those can not teach nor instruct he-men/males of any age past the stage of the SOTDRT!!!

*But I love your handle, "Standing Wide"....oh, my gosh, it's fabu!

Previously posted this in its own topic but it really belongs here.

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2011/06/9493/

The grammar and misspellings are nothing compared to the nonsensical nature of the title of the photo, below. As well, if indeed the photo is of a cemetary cemeterry graveyard, there certainly are no headstones visible...

A Tribute in Honor from the Normandy, Omaha Beach American Cemetary

IMG_9894-3.jpg

This is frankly making me a little concerned, because I'm currently dyeing a lot of organic merino for a spectacular fair isle sweater that I intend to knit for fall. Once that's finished, however... what do I have left to live for? .__.

This is frankly making me a little concerned, because I'm currently dyeing a lot of organic merino for a spectacular fair isle sweater that I intend to knit for fall. Once that's finished, however... what do I have left to live for? .__.

Wait for more lovely merino (drool, envy) and dye it. Then find some other fibers and dye those. Then wait for still more merino. It really goes in circles. You just keep on dyeing! It's never final. Take that, Doug!

Archived