IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 24: Wearing Shorts and Kicking Cats

9 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

Question:

Hide contents

Lori can't delete Amazon reviews, but can she delete photos there?

I think like other places you can request them to be removed but that company then gets to make the decision.

Spoiler

I doubt the picture of the contents will get deleted because it goes to how badly it was edited. The other picture.... maybe but then again most normal people (read non-fundie without hang ups about attire) would see nothing wrong with the picture of her sitting on the porch.

5 hours ago, Joyce said:

@Grimalkin I have been to the shores of Michigan in the middle of winter.

The shores of Lake Michigan is awesome a beautiful site to see. Cool fact (at least I think it is cool) I have been in all 5 Great Lakes! I only got to about calf deep in Lake Superior but I have been in it!

@Joyce very good question. I have no idea besides to be nosy nelly's. (No offense to anyone actually named Nelly)

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Joyce said:
  Hide contents

In the Facebook chat room, people are asking the purpose and the period for accepting friend requests from moderators. How does having access to members' interaction in Facebook protect privacy in the chat room?

Spoiler

There might be several purposes. Probably first and foremost, to assure that everyone really is female.

After that, to check for troll potential. Does the person's FB have non-Lori-approved topics? Does their FB appear to be a dummy account, so they can access the chat room but hide their true identity?

Recently I clicked on a few commenter names to get an idea of how hardcore her followers are. The only one that had any red flags was a certain male commenter, who asked his FB friends how to discipline his dog. He'd already tried spanking her and hitting her on her nose, but she still snarls at him. That got me all kinds of riled up.

17 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Recently I clicked on a few commenter names to get an idea of how hardcore her followers are. The only one that had any red flags was a certain male commenter, who asked his FB friends how to discipline his dog. He'd already tried spanking her and hitting her on her nose, but she still snarls at him. That got me all kinds of riled up.

I creeped on that one myself. I almost hoped that, like Lori's cat, she gets her own revenge. Not biting because that would end with her own demise -- but something poetic, like a wall-broken toe or something along those lines.

Her man Stephen is also bad. 

Hahaha it's impossible to keep a spotless house during canning season. I've given up on mine right now in order to focus on the produce sitting everywhere  

I do not have a spotless house. My house is a mess of clutter and has been for the entire 8 years we have been married. Two reasons: Mr. 05 has two massive collections we don't have room for and we have more stuff than fits into this little place. And for the latter, we are talking about useful everyday stuff--there is a cooler sitting on my kitchen floor. We have no place else to put it. We use it frequently, so getting rid of it is not an option. My closet contains all the luggage and the Christmas tree so there isn't really enough room for my clothes, so they spill out elsewhere. His closet contains his dresser as there is not enough room for two dressers in the bedroom. 

We are moving into a house that is modest enough but will have adequate storage space and enough room for all of our things, plus a room for his collections at the end of the month. I can't wait. 

But I think what this does illustrate is that the kind of clean Lori is talking about is a luxury of space for everything. Yet another area where she doesn't get her own privilege. 

Lori's house may look clean, but we all know it isn't:

• Chicken juice spread everywhere in the kitchen by the nasty Norwex cloth
  • Never washed Norwex cloths
  • Unvacuumed carpet because she has one that doesn't show the dirt
  • Most likely unvacuumed floors (without carpet)

This is what I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there are more examples.

As far as I can remember, Lori has never written about her cleaning/ housekeeping schedule or even any tips and tricks she uses to keep a "spotless" home.  Well .... except for the sacred magical never-needs-washing Norwex cloth. 

@Red Hair, Black Dress I am betting she hasn't written about it because she has a cleaning company (Molly Maid) or a housekeeper that comes in once a week. (Guessing) She doesn't know how to do a cleaning schedule.

I am only guessing but I would bet money she has help. There is nothing wrong with help. I have shared this before Molly Maid come to my house once a month. It is a splurge but helps my sanity. The 2 times my husband was laid off, Molly Maid and my massages were canceled. (Even though my massages help me immensely with my sacrum issues, it isn't covered under insurance.)

Because I have mobility issues(and, ahem, "vertically challenged), I have a lady come in every other week. I do the best I can. 

There's a schedule for housekeeping? The "schedule" here is whatever is dirtiest...except for the kitchen/dishes. They get done when we're done eating. We currently are using the laundry area for storage...don't know what's going to happen with that stuff if we eventually buy a washer and dryer. I guess I ought to get my butt in gear and start sorting it all out and decide what I'm going to get rid of...

I think someone asked her about a cleaning schedule (in fact I AM POSITIVE someone asked her - ahem) and she vaguely answered she does not have a schedule and she just cleans things when they need cleaning. 

I just can't remember if "someone" asked this question on Facebook or a blog post. 

Today's post is a rehash of her favorite topics.

Yet, many women would love to do away with his teachings because of his instructions to women.

More like: I personally disagree with Lori's teachings because of her hypocrisy in her instructions to women.

17 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think someone asked her about a cleaning schedule (in fact I AM POSITIVE someone asked her - ahem) and she vaguely answered she does not have a schedule and she just cleans things when they need cleaning. 

I just can't remember if "someone" asked this question on Facebook or a blog post. 

I thing you're correct, I vaguely remember the same thing.  I think it was perhaps a comment on one of her borrowed blog posts and ultimately resulted in her "youtube" about her Norwex and her super organic cleaning and laundry solutions.  

No big surprise that the idiot that hits his dog, is one of the first to respond to Lori's post today:

I don't! I have been reading Corinthians and it's been such a blessing. And reading it has been keeping my new relationship 100% Godly and pure. Letters from Paul FTW

Spoiler

His FB page is sooooo creepy.  There is some really weird shit there, and his profile picture makes me want to run.  Far.  He's leering at the camera.  *shudder*

OK, all of you are forcing me to google 'Norwex cloths.'  I wasn't following Lori then.  I use cut-up old towels and T-shirts for dirty cleaning, by the way and regular dish cloths and paper towels in the kitchen.  I must be so stupid.

From 2 May 2017

Quote Lori

A few years ago we went to North Coast Calvary Chapel. It is a HUGE church with thousands attending each week.  When we went there I was involved in the mentoring programme.  I still get asked and was just asked again to mentor a woman in a difficult marriage because there are no older women who do this in this BIG church.

Q I am glad to hear that there are some women seeking mentorship.

A Lori yes it is rare most  just want to "grow closer to Jesus" There are plenty of older women but I was told not to teach submission at this church.

So being mentored by Lori is more important than growing closer to Jesus

4 minutes ago, Celtic Rose said:

Lori yes it is rare most  just want to "grow closer to Jesus"  There are plenty of older women but I was told not to teach submission at this church.

She and Ken should start their own church and be done with it.

Creepy dog-hitter is "in a new relationship"?

[shiver]

1 hour ago, Celtic Rose said:

involved in the mentoring programme

I have a hard time believing Lori wrote that.  No one in America spells the word as "programme".  That is British standard spelling.  Here it is "program"

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

That is so so sad. Growing close to Jesus is amazing. 

Ah but you've never experienced growing close to Lori

1. Gah. I have whiplash yet again from these two shit-for-brainz Phariseeical hypocrites. It's hard to comprehend their levels of stupidity and arrogance. 

2. But - Lori's hateful insanity is actually to my benefit this time, as it's raising my blood pressure to a more normal level.

(Fwiw - I ended up in ER yesterday and admitted to hospital Sunday evening due do severe dehydration + 11 other serious issues. Early this morning, my BP bottomed out at 40/30 - which apparently is not a good thing according to medical personnel. A Crash Code/Critical Response something-or-other was called [Instead of a Code Blue because I was still conscious], and 4 bags of fluids were pushed quickly through two IVs to keep me conscious. The doctor & 4 nurses were circling my bed for more than two hours, watching BP numbers change every 3 minutes. So - the hateful diatribe actually is helping me in this one instance.)

3. @Grimalkin -- the wench and family actually took up wasted space in the Door County peninsula since June 30, unfortunately overlapping my vacay time there with extended family. 

Be assured I was on the lookout and at the ready should I make an unfortunate personal encounter. I actually took a no-limit credit card in case, you know ... bail money might be required. Luckily, the geographical area is quite large, and no sighting or altercation ensued.  Whew!

Prayers to Rufus that surgery won't be necessary and that I can recover quickly and blow this popcorn stand.

40/30 mmHg is definitely not good. It makes me feel dizzy just thinking about it! Glad you were in the right place with the right monitoring and a watchful team looking after you, and that they managed to get those two precious IVs in you so you could have lots of fluids very quickly. I hope you feel much better now and that things improve and get back on track for you - rapid escape from Club Med(ical). Maybe you need some old salad with black salve dressing, or a 10 minute session with raw egg and a Ken doll... 

From the comments of today's post:

I have noticed that most women’s Bible studies appear to avoid the topics of modesty, submission to our husbands etc. I was really hoping our church would do such a study. Nope! Instead sign ups for the newest study is on the book of Daniel just started. I was crushed when I saw that at church yesterday.

She is "crushed" that a Bible study at her church is studying a book of the Bible, instead of just zeroing in on one or two topics and repeating them every.single.day like The Godly Gossip does?  Really?  Is the rest of the Bible unimportant?

Why obsess over one or two things?  Perhaps she could learn something from the book of Daniel.  It sounds like she already has strong feelings about modesty and submission, and is looking for an echo chamber for what she already believes.  

I would have thought that Lori could find a way to twist anything to fit her message, but the book of Daniel contains themes such as living according to God's laws and not being swayed by culture or haters - could that not be used as a starting point for teaching about trusting God and living according to the perfect roles created for us within his plans? How trusting and living in obedience can seem terrifying but God can work all things together for good of those who trust in him? How Daniel and his companions encouraged each other to do the right thing in the face of unimaginable opposition - having support (Godly Mentor!!1! Chatroom!!!1!!)  can make it easier to live out something as difficult as true wifely submission...

...but what am I doing? I'm pretending to be Lori. Ugh. Must stroke cat and beg forgiveness. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

She is "crushed" that a Bible study at her church is studying a book of the Bible, instead of just zeroing in on one or two topics and repeating them every.single.day like The Godly Gossip does?  Really?  Is the rest of the Bible unimportant?

As most of you know, I belong to a pretty conservative church...our ladies' bible studies (there's even one in the evening for working women!) are either topical or on a book of the bible. The current study is on the Armor of God from Ephesians 6...tying in other scripture to it. I don't know what the next one will be on...this one just started. By virtue of the denomination, the women tend to dress more "modestly", but there's no hard and fast rules on that, well, except for the choir...men must wear dress shirts, ties and jackets, women must wear skirts/dresses to the knee, no slits above the knee, no tank style tops, but sleeveless is ok. Modesty and submission are NOT standard topics of bible study or sermons. They're just not that important. Heck, our pastor's wife wears capris. 

Lori's two note religion (modesty and submission) is a figment of her delusions. Out here in the real world, here in "Sin City", there are literally HUNDREDS of other topics that are more important. She's biblically illiterate and her "Horse of Truth" isn't any better. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

From the comments of today's post:

Why obsess over one or two things?  Perhaps she could learn something from the book of Daniel.  It sounds like she already has strong feelings about modesty and submission, and is looking for an echo chamber for what she already believes.  

I now have the classic Vacation Bible School children's musical "It's cool in the furnace" stuck in my head. . .(oh, how I love those old VBS musicals!)

I've added to my growing list of "why I believe Lori Alexander is a false teacher" - that she advocates studying isolated parts of the Bible and negates studying the whole of it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived