IGNORED

No Fathers Day honorarium on the Maxwell blog?!?

HoneyBunny

Dear Sarah,

Your post is sappy and disjointed. It would be marginally better if you addressed the following:

no better dad then my own

You mean than.

Without a shadow of a doubt

Cliche

His life is a daily sacrifice, as evidenced by the choices he makes

Vague

Dad continues to go strong utilizing every minute the Lord has given him

I'm pretty sure Dad would NOT want to have to account for every minute the Lord has given him.

He’s had to make hard decisions over the years

Who hasn't?

I am grateful beyond words

Cliche AND you used grateful twice in the same paragraph, that's downright laziness.

I have seen my daddy many times on his knees

Embarrassing at best and begging for a snark at worst.

Another little known fact is Dad used to run marathons.

That's very interesting. But wait, no, it isn't, sorry, and has nothing to do with Dad appreciation.

P.S Two black and white pics do not an incredible photographer make.

P.P.S. WTF does Uriah the faithful BUS have to do with Father's Day?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!! That boy was delivering PEPSI!! I don't believe it. He must have been sent by Satan so that 40 or so years down the line Terri would see that photo and want to jump back on her pepsi addiction. So sneaky... (It is kind of sad that Terri is the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see Pepsi now. By dedication to Coke was strengthened, but that might just be the devil talking.)

I'll admit that my heart skips a beat whenever Uriah is mentioned, but the mention of the "faithful warrior" and the picture was weird.

Steve was kind of hot in his Air Force days. Too bad he's scary as hell!

Was anyone else offended that they called that boy "Pepsi Boy"? That just seems so condescending. It's not cute.

No, I didn't find it offensive. It was cute I thought.

Well, Steve is a vet, and I assume a pilot. I'd like to know more about his education and background. We don't hear much about his family (though I'm convinced the man in the Bunny suit for Easter blog was about someone on his side of the family).

I'm glad Teri's depression is cured, however she cured it. I've had PPD and it is neither fun nor funny to snark about. Somethings are best left alone.

You know, I'm glad they love their dad. I am. I'd rather the world be full of fundies who loved their kids and whose kids loved them then not.

These people make me sick. I commented, but my comments never go through. I said "Your family is using God's name to make money. Do you not see how bad that is? If your father was really convicted, he would refuse to accept any money for any of these things that he or your family does. There is a difference between accepting donations to keep a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter running, and turning God into a business. Your family has turned God into a business. It's sickening."

Well, Steve is a vet, and I assume a pilot. I'd like to know more about his education and background. We don't hear much about his family (though I'm convinced the man in the Bunny suit for Easter blog was about someone on his side of the family).

I'm glad Teri's depression is cured, however she cured it. I've had PPD and it is neither fun nor funny to snark about. Somethings are best left alone.

You know, I'm glad they love their dad. I am. I'd rather the world be full of fundies who loved their kids and whose kids loved them then not.

What kind of love is that? Sheltering, brainwashing, and controlling the kids are not things that are of love. It's twisted and obsessive. They are taking away the very thing that God gave everyone, which is free will. We won't even get into the greed factor when they use God's name to make money. I can't for the life of me imagine telling my kids that we were going to travel around the country to tell other people what God wants them to do, and we were going to sell books, DVD's, etc. My kids would call me on it because that is not how they were raised. We're supposed to help others for free. These people have turned God into a business. There is a lot of money to be made in God. It's not a ministry. It's fueled by greed, control, power, and a need for attention and adoration.

Terri looked a lot happier in the photo with the first "post-reversal" child than she does in current photos. The poor woman is seriously depressed, and who wouldn't be with such a dour & merciless killjoy for a husband.

And yes, I thought that many if not all elements of this encomium to pere Maxwell were taken directly from regular & close readings of FJ!

I find the recent photo of Teri&Steve kind of sad. They are both smiling with their mouths but frowning with their eyes.

I wondered that as well. Did you see how they mentioned that Steve will fly again sometime in the future? We were talking about that on the other board a few weeks ago.

I could be wrong, but the way she said it, it seems to imply that Steve is referring to "flying" in the...um..."angelic" sense...? Sounds crazy, but this is the Maxwells...

one of the sadder parts was when dad gave up running and flying to focus on his family.

geez. suck all the joy out of life and martyr yourself to the fam. that sounds TOTES healthy!

These people make me sick. I commented, but my comments never go through. I said "Your family is using God's name to make money. Do you not see how bad that is? If your father was really convicted, he would refuse to accept any money for any of these things that he or your family does. There is a difference between accepting donations to keep a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter running, and turning God into a business. Your family has turned God into a business. It's sickening."

We pay my pastor at church. He will argue the same,

I could be wrong, but the way she said it, it seems to imply that Steve is referring to "flying" in the...um..."angelic" sense...? Sounds crazy, but this is the Maxwells...

That's how I read the flying thing too. That when he finally gets his obsessive wish and meets death, he will be flying with the angels and in heaven with the Jesus, because when we die isn't heaven all we personally want and dream of? Won't God give Steve his hearts desire? If not, then his obsession with death makes hims a psycho case, not an enlightened Christian man with all the answers.

How is it loving to keep your children locked in a permenant state of dependence on you and to control every aspect of their lives?

I didn't much like the Pepsi Boy thing, either. I mean, the kid had a name.

Still, I thought Steve's photos were lovely. Sarah's cheeseball writing detracted from their poignancy.

I didn't much like the Pepsi Boy thing, either. I mean, the kid had a name.

Still, I thought Steve's photos were lovely. Sarah's cheeseball writing detracted from their poignancy.

Well, the "Pepsi Boy" name wasn't given to him by the Maxwells. It's on his name tag so that's what the American servicemen called him, which frankly wasn't that unusual. We have different ideas about respect for other people and cultures than we used to.

The photo of Uriah at the end was... weird. Just really weird. I suppose it's because Uriah is the only friend they are allowed to have outside of the family.

And I don't think they necessarily read here, but I bet they get a lot of comments from people who hang around FJ, repeating the same things we say here, whether the people who send them are actual FJ members or just lurkers. They probably get quite nasty comments, I'd wager, and we never see them because they aren't posted here or there.

We pay my pastor at church. He will argue the same,

Although Paul did not accept any money for spreading the gospel, I don't have a problem with a minister or priest getting a salary. It's a full time job. Priests/The Maxwells are like comparing apples and oranges. The two are not comparable. Being a priest or minister is a job that requires running a church and everything that entails. Big difference between that and a lay person roping his family into starting up a God business.

The photo of Uriah at the end was... weird. Just really weird. I suppose it's because Uriah is the only friend they are allowed to have outside of the family.

No, no, no...Uriah is part of the family! Probably the most important part.

I busted out laughing when I saw that photo at the end. WTF is right.

Well, the "Pepsi Boy" name wasn't given to him by the Maxwells. It's on his name tag so that's what the American servicemen called him, which frankly wasn't that unusual. We have different ideas about respect for other people and cultures than we used to.

And I don't think they necessarily read here, but I bet they get a lot of comments from people who hang around FJ, repeating the same things we say here, whether the people who send them are actual FJ members or just lurkers. They probably get quite nasty comments, I'd wager, and we never see them because they aren't posted here or there.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be the first thing I'd point out, and certainly not in an article trying to make Father Maxwell look like the greatest thing since sliced bread. I thought it was an odd comment - and maybe a little oblivious on Sarah's part.

(It is kind of sad that Terri is the first thing that comes to mind whenever I see Pepsi now. By dedication to Coke was strengthened, but that might just be the devil talking.)

Me too. I read this Vanity Fair article the other day and thought of Teri Maxwell right away. I can't hear the word Pepsi anymore without being reminded of them.

No wonder Terri was so depressed! They used to be fairly normal. They had reversal surgery to fill the quiver! Anyone think she may not have been 100% on board with this??? I do give them credit for paying cash for a house, but otherwise.....bizarre. This makes it all even more interesting. Don't know how I missed that.

That's exactly what I thought - that someday Steve will be flying around in heaven as an angel. I swear these people just can't wait until they die. What a crappy way to live your life, only focused on what's going to happen to you after you're dead. They must really think heaven is going to be fantastic if it's worth the frumpers, extreme isolation (sorry Sarah, you ARE isolated, even though you don't think you are), suffering from depression and doing nothing to treat it, and sucking every bit of enjoyment out of everyday living.

These people manage to both bizarrely fascinate me and infuriate me, yet I can't look away. At least I'm in good company with that here.

I'm no Maxwell expert, but I *think* Steve got a vasectomy because of Terri's depression.

I have no idea why it went from Terri being SO depressed that he took surgical measures to make sure she didn't get pregnant, to let's reverse this bad boy, have as many children as we can, and by the way, I'm going to need you to homeschool them!

I honestly think there is something wrong with both of them.

Is it just me or is that photo of Airman Steve Maxwell totally defrauding?

That post was just really out of character and the writing was more like that of a twelve year old. Not up to their (Sarah's) usual standards at all, in content or style. I can't imagine someone writing books with that inability to express a thought or make sense of a bunch of disconnected statements and ideas. Whether one of them is lowering him or herself to read here or elsewhere or they're answering general critics, I think something is really getting to them. And/rr Sarah has a knowledgeable editor for her usual posts who went on vacation or something.

I wish one of these kids would break away from controlling Daddy and spill the dirt on what really goes on in that house. Run, Sarah, run!

Archived