IGNORED

The Denlingers

ShadowCat

OK, I'm watching the natural birth video.

"There weren't any church buildings in the New Testament" is such a WEIRD thing to say!  How could there be Christian churches before Jesus?  And where does he think the people meeting as churches in eg the Epistles and various letters were meeting?

And there aren't any computers in the Bible, and yet here they are making YT videos.  How does that even logic?  He does this all over the video - there was no midwife at Jesus' birth, so no births should have them....  but Jesus never ministered on the internet, either, but that's different, for some reason.

The thing about Moses being hidden, so they kept their son a secret - that's pretty much the only child who was hidden in the Bible (if you don't count Jesus being taken to Egypt) - how come they have decided to cherry pick this one thing out of the whole of the Bible to follow?

I know other people have mentioned this, but she was working with depleted uranium??? WTF?  What was her job in Iraq?  And he was just changing around asbestos and things?  And they don't believe in insurance?????  (and later on he's claiming ultrasounds are carcinogenic....)

The giant KJV sticker on his bible cracks me up every time I see it!

When choosing a husband, she says "Make sure he's of your nationality, your exact. same. kindred....  if you integrate, racially speaking, you will have child-bearing problem"....  but THEY have already said they had child-bearing problems too!  All that "it's not racism" before saying the most ridiculously racist shit that's complete bullshit.

This is the second time tonight that I'd thought someone was better than PP, but at least he seems to engage with his kid, and he speaks his hate gently, rather than scream and yell like PP.  But again, what a ridiculously low bar to reach.

Ugh.  Have to stop at 19 mins in because the crazy is burning my brain.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it "mutter"? As in German for mother?

Oh that might be it.

Good lord the two hour intro of Oliver. It's as though they're the first to ever have a baby. Bryan is literally showing us one of Oliver's shirts. And explaining what he wears to sleep in.

I will say this, they seem affectionate with the baby. They let him babble and squawk and squirm. Katherine kisses him and coos at him. It's a low bar but not one that all fundie families meet (at least the ones I follow.)

One day PP will come home and find this Katherine lady there wearing Zsu's skin like a suit. 

I'm only kind of kidding. They need a good security system.

5 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

One day PP will come home and find this Katherine lady there wearing Zsu's skin like a suit. 

I'm only kind of kidding. They need a good security system.

Nah, Zsu's scary. Katherine would have hostages, and Zsu would be up on the battlements with her frumper flipped up, shouting to go ahead-  there's more where those came from.

(Now I have to go see what custom license plate Zsu's on...)

In the "Natural Birth" video, the baby made more sense than both of those nutjobs put together.

And is ADORABLE. I just want to squish his little cheeks.

I am giggling about the idea their natural birth video could be trying to cover up the fact they adopted.  I don't think this, but I can totally imagine Steve Anderson suggesting it, and the Denlingers going crazy trying to refute it!

On 8/24/2017 at 0:22 PM, Lurky said:

OK, I'm watching the natural birth video.

(snip)

On 8/24/2017 at 0:22 PM, Lurky said:

And there aren't any computers in the Bible, and yet here they are making YT videos.  How does that even logic?  He does this all over the video - there was no midwife at Jesus' birth, so no births should have them....  but Jesus never ministered on the internet, either, but that's different, for some reason.

(Snip)

I know other people have mentioned this, but she was working with depleted uranium??? WTF?  What was her job in Iraq?  

(Snip)

Ugh.  Have to stop at 19 mins in because the crazy is burning my brain.

I don't get why he took the time to point out that midwives are all over the KJV, while being proud of NOT having a midwife, while being proud to always follow the KJV.

Depleted Uranium is used in armor and armor-piercing munitions.  It is regarded as safe while intact,  but toxic inside the body.  It was used in Iraq.  There are reports of Iraqis being injured by this, and theories that Depleted Uranium dust may have been created and inhaled and/or consumed.  I don't know if they've finished their studies to determine the harm, but, if she's was in Iraq, it's not a totally irrational fear, regardless of her job.

i could not get anywhere close to 19 minutes.

43 minutes ago, Mirla said:

Depleted Uranium is used in armor and armor-piercing munitions.  It is regarded as safe while intact,  but toxic inside the body.  It was used in Iraq.  There are reports of Iraqis being injured by this, and theories that Depleted Uranium dust may have been created and inhaled and/or consumed.  I don't know if they've finished their studies to determine the harm, but, if she's was in Iraq, it's not a totally irrational fear, regardless of her job.

Some Italian soldiers who took part in peacekeeping missions in the Balkans fell ill with leukaemia after the end of their deployment. Courts established that their deaths were linked to Depleted Uranium used in arms.

Thanks for the info on depleted uranium! 

Deep breath, and back into the Natural Birth video, because it's this or another Rodrigues one....

I will say that I like how he does interact with his son in a loving way. 

"We had no idea what the due date was, we just trusted the Lord" :pb_eek:

I guess I should be impressed they actually got medical supplies in :my_confused:

She really, really hates her mother.  How hideously abusive her mother was for insisting she went to the hospital!

Taking Luke Chapter 2 as evidence for not going to hospital - but I laughed out loud when Katherine gets to "and she brought forth her first-born son", then points at her own son and says in a meaningful voice "first born son"!  Then, her gotcha for her mother:  "Where in those verses do you see anything about a hospital, medical centre, clinic, doctor or whatever?" and that's evidence they need because they're doing everything the KJV way (via youtube videos!).

They claim that all childbirth is seen as an emergency by hospitals.  And "the single most toxic thing to the body is stress" - and that it's going to the hospital that is stressful, NOT actually, you know, giving birth!  I think he's got his ideas of hospital childbirth from TV dramas or something, this idea of being on a table with bright lights and tons of people milling around, and the partner not being allowed to be there etc.

He says again "there were no strangers looking at my wife, multiple strangers looking at my wife" because she had a homebirth, which seems really really important to him, but that's a terrible reason not to have any medical treatment.  There are whole minutes when he seems like he just has weird views, haha, isn't it funny, and then he'll come out with something super-controlling like this.

"There shouldn't be any vaccines" - go fuck yourself arsehole, I've seen how awful polio is, one of my dear family friends had it as a child and it's an evil disease.  Eradicating things like polio and rubella etc etc is an amazing, fantastic achievement, and I hate these people who really want other people's kids to suffer.

Her:  "If a child is born in the hospital, that child is not only going to have spiritual problems, but problems recognising his or her parents, AND they're going to have problems with latching.  You have all of these [quotation-mark-fingers]_classes_ to teach children to properly nurse, when that's not even necessary.  STAY. HOME. and have your child.  And call upon the Lord for help"

OK, I have to stop for a second, because I really, REALLY hope they don't have any more kids - but if they do, I'm actually quite scared for the poor hypothetical child, because they genuinely seem to believe that hospital birth damages kids irreparably, and that's a really nasty fate for a child, to know from the start they're broken etc.

"What about high risk pregnancies?" he asks?  She claims she was high risk because she was 32 and it was her first child, which pisses me right off because how dare she claim that when she didn't have pre-natal care?  How dare they say that because they were ok, women who've been told they're high risk should ignore their doctors and home birth?  She was "almost delirious", don't you know, so she knows more than anyone else.

Pre-natal vitamins are all a scam. "When you have fruit or vegetables, eat them raw... well, a potato might be a bit crunchy, so you can cook a potato" :pb_rollseyes:

The video is over 2 hours long, but wow, they should have at least written a list of bullet points of things to talk about, because they meander all over the place!

Pre-natal vitamins are manufactured by "the pharma-copia industry" which should make you question what's in them.

They don't say "pregnancy" because the Bible term is "with child"

Holy shit, they thought she was having twins at one point, and still didn't get any pre-natal care.  They claim using a stethoscope to hear the baby's heartbeat was their ultrasound.

She printed out a copy of the Brewer Diet, with the help of the Lord :pb_lol:

Her rant about how tofu isn't Biblical is hilarious.  "It's SOY beans by another name, and I tried it and it tastes awful and it did nothing for me.  But what's the point of their rants about fast food, etc?  Basic editing would have made this video 100 times better, if they really did want to get a message out.

Him: "The KJV condemns vegetarianism as the doctrine of devils"

Him: "Ladies don't worry about gaining weight!.... whole food/raw food diet, the weight you are going to gain is not the same as eating food that's the same as processed food" because of cellulose, which is sawdust.

She says the baby's soul is formed when the egg and sperm are joined....  even though that's not what the KJV says.

If you don't follow the Brewer diet you will have complications. "If you have complications, what was your diet like?"  - just fuck you! 

At 39 mins he's doing the thing about reading the Bible into her womb.

Don't call the "medical goons" if you have a breach birth, because it's fine, he says.  But staying away from rock music can prevent a breach birth!  The baby was moving in the womb after he'd heard Satanic witches music, but she told him to resist and so he did!

So there's a ton of racism in there too - he's done the research:  "rock music goes back to witchcraft, it goes back to voodoo - look it up!  The Rock & Roll Music Hall of Fame, they will tell you that it was the Black slaves that brought it over - voodoo, it came from the South, where voodoo is very, very popular, the Louisiana area, you know, again, we're not making it up, rhythm and blues came for voodoo".

So basically his point is that because rock music derives from music sung by Black slaves in the USA and was influenced by rhythms etc from Africa, it's automatically Satanic - QED!  I literally feel sick listening to them.  They're pretty horrifying, in that classic Fundy way of having had one child, so now are the world experts on child, and it's all the mother's fault, but dialled up to eleventy, sprinkled with racism.

Ugh, I can't even.  No more, ever. 

A local obstetrician almost died when she began to hemorrhage after the easy birth of her second child.  

Here's her experience:

She remembers feeling bad very quickly. She felt the blood pouring out of her. She was light-headed and mumbling incoherently. She couldn’t grip her husband’s hand. And then she remembers letting go and putting trust in her care team. “I was afraid and I did not know what would happen, but I absolutely knew I was in the right place and everyone around me would help me.” 

...She was rushed to an operating room. Doctors used a balloon inside her uterus to stop the bleeding and gave her three transfusions."

and here's her advice: 

“We drill to always be prepared to handle every thing, but I don’t go into any birth thinking the worst,” she says.

Her own story reminds her why it’s important to have access to medical support for every delivery. While she used a certified nurse midwife and works in a practice with a certified nurse midwives, she had a doctor on-call and was in a hospital setting if something happened.

On 8/24/2017 at 8:22 PM, Lurky said:

The thing about Moses being hidden, so they kept their son a secret - that's pretty much the only child who was hidden in the Bible (if you don't count Jesus being taken to Egypt) - how come they have decided to cherry pick this one thing out of the whole of the Bible to follow?

And take it completely out of context. 

Of course, everything is out of context with them. 

In the childbirth video, they also mix up oxycontin and oxytocin - saying that the doctors will give you oxycontin if you go to the hospital for your birth. 

In a video from a few months ago where they go to the beach, Katherine is shown in a head-to-toe shot, and even with the dress that covers it all ,she looks huge - so either pregnant again, or ill, or eating to compensate for something.

2 hours ago, StacyW said:

In the childbirth video, they also mix up oxycontin and oxytocin - saying that the doctors will give you oxycontin if you go to the hospital for your birth. 

In a video from a few months ago where they go to the beach, Katherine is shown in a head-to-toe shot, and even with the dress that covers it all ,she looks huge - so either pregnant again, or ill, or eating to compensate for something.

Could you point me to that beach video please?  I keep coming up with a hodgepodge when I search YouTube. 

I don't watch as many of the videos talked about here at FJ because I just can't, I get so pissed off...but I've learned when people start saying "batshit crazy," it's probably worth a look.

These people do not disappoint in that regard. I could only sit through about 20 minutes or so, but that was quite enough.

I'd just like to add - the reason things become secondhand or antique is because technology is always improving, Denlingers. Just because something is 50 years old does not mean it was "built better" than something brand new, or even that the two items will work the same to produce the same end results. 

@StacyWthank you!

i just watched the one where they are talking about the evils of sports for young girls. Katherine has A LOT of pictures of her high school sports days. If something brought such shame and disgust to her, why keep it?  I got a really creepy vibe as what's-his-name was looking at those - like he keeps them so he can ogle all the young girls photographed. 

Off to the beach video now. 

Oooooohhhh --- which batshit video has the photos of Katherine the Terrifying in sports???

Despite nimwit's headache advice video, my migraine of the day is still there. A link or video title would be greatly appreciated!

Never mind - found the video against girls in sports. In which Katherine provided her identity:  She was Katherine Kucera (name on sweatshirt) and went to school in Atlantic, Iowa. 

Her HS photos made me very, very sad. She seemed much more "normal" and didn't have the crazy eyes going on.

Which makes me wonder ... would she possibly have had a later developing form of mental illness that could explain some of the cray cray and religious zealotry? I know 2 people IRL who didn't show signs of bipolar disorder until very late teens, early 20s. ... Regardless, I'd still pay a dollar to be a fly on the wall at a K family reunion. 

9 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Never mind - found the video against girls in sports. In which Katherine provided her identity:  She was Katherine Kucera (name on sweatshirt) and went to school in Atlantic, Iowa. 

Her HS photos made me very, very sad. She seemed much more "normal" and didn't have the crazy eyes going on.

Which makes me wonder ... would she possibly have had a later developing form of mental illness that could explain some of the cray cray and religious zealotry? I know 2 people IRL who didn't show signs of bipolar disorder until very late teens, early 20s. ... Regardless, I'd still pay a dollar to be a fly on the wall at a K family reunion. 

These people brought me out of lurkdom, and my reaction was the exact same. So very sad. What happened to that pretty, bright eyed teen? Maybe because I'm a runner, but when she was listing off all her events, you could almost see a tiny spark there, like that girl is still in there somewhere.  I'd love to know what happened to make her go so far off the rails. 

I have a question. He mentions their son was born in September, like Jesus was, but I remember a very learned priest in college saying Jesus was probably born in February, based on study of the ancient texts. He said the celebration of it was moved to Dec to coincide with the pagan celebrations of the winter solstice. Many pagan celebrations got co-opted or folded into Christian holidays.

so, who to believe- crazy nut on You Tube who hand-letters KJV on his Bible or a Jesuit with advanced degrees in religious subjects? Tough choice!

Schizophrenia most commonly develops in the early 20s in highly intelligent individuals who were successful prior to having a schizophrenic break. I only made it five minutes but I would personally suspect Schizophrenia if i were suspecting anything.

Archived