IGNORED

DOUBLE WEDDING! - Lise and Prentiss Kendall

Karsaroni

They might not be having a double weddding--just two weddings on the same day. There was a wedding writeup in the NY Times recently (Yes, I am addicted to "Vows") where two sisters married two brothers, and were married on the same day, in very different ceremonies. They did it out of consideration for all the family and friends who would have had to travel twice, or at least block out two weekends for their weddings. Somehow, though, I don't see these fundies being that creative.

I come bearing news! Rachel's updated her blog with an interesting insight into the wedding preparations (no mention of the double wedding though): wesleaandcompany.blogspot.com/

Their living situation has always confused me. For a recap, the "old" living arrangements that I read about somewhere, maybe on MamaAnt's old blog, said that Rachel and Wes were building a house (still happening, they live there) and then there's the "barn" where they have the New Year's Eve ball. It's finished inside, so not really a barn, and that the barn has two apartments: one for Michael Jr and Kressant, and one for Cleveland "when he gets a wife" or something along those lines. Remember, one year Kressant went in labor, just hopped on upstairs to her house and popped out the kid.

Now, it looks like they're going to be moving into Cleve's apartment - which, in theory, he shouldn't have been living in, but it's unclear if that's the case. It appears to be fully furnished, at least downstairs, but they're switching out vanities and cabinets when it's essentially new? Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe they used it to house visitors and whatnot - or maybe Cleve really did have a bachelor pad for a few years. And Kressant and Michael are building a new house (not surprising, given how many children they have). I guess it's not all that confusing, once I've written it down.

At any rate, it's an intriguing peek inside, which the Morton blog has failed at recently.

Visitors definitely stayed in the barn when they had company, and I really doubt they'd let Cleve live there early. It probably got used quite a bit, and might have been outdated so Cleve and Lise decided to upgrade a bit. The apartments were finished well before the kids had any say. The downstairs is common area, the upstairs each have seperate outside access and inside stairwells just judging by all the photos we've seen. It's actually a nice set-up imo, but only if they get to choose to do so.

I think the only way the Duggars can boost ratings now is to marry off the Fab Four girls all at the same time...

[OT]There was a real-life quadruple-wedding like this back in the '70s or '80s, and they made a TV movie out of it.[/OT]

But, if that happened, OfJimBob would have to do some actual work for a change.

I still don't get it. Whats the family name of Rachel and Wesley? Because they always refer to "the Mortons" as if it would be another family or some kind of friends, but I thought they were Mortons too.

When I talk to my parents about my in-laws, I sometimes refer to them by their last name--e.g., "I got a birthday card from the M----s." (I use their first names more when talking about them as individuals.)

I think two wedding ceremonies in one day, and a joint party, would be nicer than a double ceremony.

It looks like Lise and Clive already had a wedding shower, per R. Morton.

I looked up Lise's name on Wedding Channel and it looks like they supplied two different wedding dates 11/11/11 and 12/03/11

http://registry.weddingchannel.com/cs/s ... h_adv.y=15

OOOH! This interests me! Perhaps Lise and Cleve will have a small ceremony on 11-11 and then maybe their reception will be 12-3? Just speculating of course. Nov. 11th is a Friday. Or maybe that's another shower date? I guess time will tell!

[OT]There was a real-life quadruple-wedding like this back in the '70s or '80s, and they made a TV movie out of it.[/OT]

But, if that happened, OfJimBob would have to do some actual work for a change.

There was also The Brady Girls Get Married- where Marcia and Jan got married in a made for TV movie...

• 1 month later...

ZOMG IT IS A DOUBLE WEDDING: mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2011/11/12-days-and-counting.html

EDIT: I also find it funny that Addie bothered to blur out the name of the town the Mortons live in (in the pic of the bridesmaids' luncheon invitation). It's not like she hasn't mentioned the town in her posts 50 billion times. Bit late to close that barn door, dear (though I'm not mentioning it myself, here, because... I'm nice, I guess?).

DOUBLE (ZOMG) EDIT: Also funny that she blurred out the date of the wedding... when the title of the post is a countdown of the number of days... to... the... wedding. Sweet, but not the brightest crayon in the box.

DOUBLE (ZOMG) POST to ask: in the pic of Cleve "talking with the neighbors" in the car, isn't that Alan? And if so, does that mean they live on the compound now? That would line up with the other random picture of the girl who "came to help out Katie"....

When sisters are getting married with a double wedding, aren't you supposed to have the the oldest bride first on the invitation? Is Lise actually the youngest of the two? Or is it because Prentiss was engaged first? I'm confused.

According to their blogger profile for their (closed) family blog, Lise is 29, Prentiss is 23. However, yeah, I'm willing to bet it's because she was engaged first.

On a shallow note, these new pics of Lise have her looking much more attractive than the first ones we saw.

Honestly? I would have TOTALLY gone for a double wedding if but for a few things. My sister is Catholic, I'm not, having a double wedding would have meant i got married in the RCC. I never would have made my bridesmaids wear the disgusting pepto pink dresses we had to wear for my sister's wedding either.

It would have solved the fights i had with my friends. THey all wanted to be maid of honor and I wanted my sister. People got butthurt.

Wow Cleve and Lise look so much more comfortable then in their engagement pictures. Good for them. I really love the way that she is doing that whole modest clothes thing. Her skirt looks gorgeous..

still I don't envy them for their double wedding.

Neither my little sister or I are engaged yet, but we've been planning a double wedding for forever. :D Neither one of us is particularly focused on getting a ton of attention, we like the idea of saving money, and you get double the cake!!!

Supposedly Alan and Katie live near the Smith family, and the pictures visiting with the Smiths seem to imply that. I've wondered though, whether Alan and Katie live with the Mortons during construction season. They'd never admit that he's out of the "umbrella" though.

Damn those Mortons are good-looking...

I would actually like a double wedding. I find weddings kind of awkward, so if there is anyone else to shift the attention to, I'm all for it. Hmm, perhaps I shouldn't have a wedding at all...

• 2 weeks later...

Random thought that just popped into my head and subsequently BLEW MY MIND:

We know the Smiths are currently being filmed for their documentary/reality show about courtship and betrothal.

We know the production company is desperate to find other fundie families currently going through courtship/engagement.

We know Cleve is getting married this weekend. Also that he and his bride are relatively modern-looking/photogenic.

PLEASE tell me Cleve's wedding winds up on this show. I would SO watch it if that were the case.

That would be awesome. I was already sad that they don't have a live stream. Only boring fundie weddings seem to have that :-(

I wonder if they've been making Beth Smith wait for this show to film her start to finish, what with her being in the promo and all. A Morton wedding and Smith courtship would be worth watching for me. Sadly I bet she's stuck taking care of her little brothers and sisters.

Archived