IGNORED

DOUBLE WEDDING! - Lise and Prentiss Kendall

Karsaroni

HOLY FUNDIENESS!!

It appears that Lise Kendall (Cleve Morton's soon-to-be wife) and her also recently engaged sister, Prentiss, will be having a double-wedding in SC on December 3rd!!

Go check out The Knot and type in both Prentiss' and Lise's names and both show up for 12-3-2011. I was sort of wondering how the Kendall's were going to handle having 2 daughter's engaged at the same time and having to deal with the Morton's incessant need to marry off their kids within a month or so being engaged.

Obviously Prentiss got engaged first (in July I think) and set a fairly reasonable fundie waiting period of 5 months to be married, so I couldn't see Lise stealing her thunder and marrying before Prentiss. Dilemma solved!! Marry them both off at the same time! Poor Prentiss! No solo special day for you. I'm sure in their world Prentiss could've never protested such an idea but I would think deep down she might be a little miffed. Plus I'm sure Lise is DYING to get Cleve to the alter (because look at him) as she's turning 30 in November so she reaaallllly needs to get popping on her quiver.

A double fundie wedding! Really just too good to be true!! I wonder if they'll have a dual wedding shower as well. Maybe they'll both get matching sets of dishes. It appears that both girls are registered at Bed Bath and Beyond. Prentiss is registered for WAY more stuff though. Sorry Prentiss, now that you'll be sharing your wedding and probably your shower with your older sister you won't be getting 1/2 as much as you would've otherwise. The frugal fundies that will be attending will be splitting what they would've spent on just you in half now!

Lise really jumped into this wedding full force! She just got engaged and she's already registered!! I guess when you've been sitting in your parent's house for almost 30 years with the one goal of getting married constantly on your mind, when the time actually comes... well you don't mess around.

This is going to be good!

Great! But poor Prentiss.. I'd never share that day with my sister, although I really love her. But she probably didn't have a chance to protest against that decision and Iam sure in the end their parents will present it as the idea of the girls!

Double weddings used to be common, but I admit that nowadays it can be surprising. I wonder if they are doing it to save money.

I don't know. Some days I wouldn't mind a double wedding. We have some new friends who we realized got married within a few weeks of us AND they got married at a location I looked into but it was booked (probly by them!) and we were laughing and saying too bad we didn't know each other before because we could have split the bill and we were only half kidding.

I wouldn't mind a double wedding because it would mean I had a sister who liked me, or a best friend who wasn't selfish. Also I hate being in the spotlight around my family, and would like to have someone/something to distract the crowd from thinking about me having sex.

HOWEVER, I do think that the double wedding in one of the "Left Behind" books was super creepy and weird. (Also the writing on those books was so bad that it made the creepiness extra weird)

I for one think it would be fun to go to a double wedding but to actually have one myself... no thanks. Plus I think in the non-fundie world anyone that has a double wedding probably really WANTS to. IMHO this instance is probably only happening out of a "need" for Lise & Cleve to marry ASAP. You know, God forbid they wait until maybe January or something so that her sister can have her own wedding. Sort of just irritates me. But I still can't wait to see the pics!

Since they are getting married on the same day, the race will be on to see who can produce the first grandchild. I don't know whether I give the advantage to Prentiss (younger) or Lise (married to a probably-uber-fertile Morton).

Perhaps the double wedding will catch on in fundieland now that two well-known families are doing it. Fine with me. These weddings are already a circus; whatever makes them more absurd just makes them more entertaining, IMO.

Hope this doesn't give the Duggars the idea to marry the twins off in a double ceremony - you know, sort of a "one-up" on an "ordinary" double wedding of plain old siblings. Maybe that's why they've waited - they're looking for another set of twins to make it "doubly" special! :lol:

I considered a double wedding with my younger sister, but decided against it because it was her first marriage and my second, and I didn't want to steal her thunder.

Those poor girls. They wait all their lives for the big day and then have to share it. My older sister was married in a double wedding (the grooms were brothers). It was horrible. My sister was 16 and 3 months pregnant, there were WAY too many people (everyone wanted to come to the double wedding), and the other bride's family took off with the left-over alcohol at the end. Neither bride was happy because she didn't get to have the wedding she wanted. Neither marriage lasted either.

I hope Prentiss and Lise have a better day of it and work out a good compromise. BTW, December 3 is my birthday too. :D

I cannot wait for this!!!!

I would have had a double wedding if the other couple was my best friend or younger sister. My best friend at the time got married 5 weeks after us. We were in their wedding and they were in ours. We are only facebook friends now(as we live in different states too) but my younger sister and I had all the same friends and relatives so it could have worked.

Hope this doesn't give the Duggars the idea to marry the twins off in a double ceremony - you know, sort of a "one-up" on an "ordinary" double wedding of plain old siblings. Maybe that's why they've waited - they're looking for another set of twins to make it "doubly" special! :lol:

I think the only way the Duggars can boost ratings now is to marry of the Fab Four girls all at the same time, to a set of four fundie brothers. It really would be easier for Jim Bob thought to just "vet" one family and have his kids marry as many of them as possible so he doesn't have to do extensive background checks on all of them, which is why I'm surprised none of his kids are married to Bateses yet.

I think the only way the Duggars can boost ratings now is to marry of the Fab Four girls all at the same time, to a set of four fundie brothers. It really would be easier for Jim Bob thought to just "vet" one family and have his kids marry as many of them as possible so he doesn't have to do extensive background checks on all of them, which is why I'm surprised none of his kids are married to Bateses yet.

I have always taken the Bates' and the Duggars to be 'frienemies'. By getting their kids hitched the Duggars would have to share the spotlight with the Bates' and they probably wouldn't like that so much.

Isn't the only Bates their age the cowboy? Come on, he is not marrying a girl ...

Well, they maybe should have taken the opportunity to snap up Zach before he started courting someone else. He's ~23, so probably a good age for Jana or Jill. Or JD could be paired up with Erin or Michaela.

I agree that it's possible the Duggars don't really like the Bateses as much as they say they do; they've definitely got more of a competitive vibe lately, like the Bateses are stealing their thunder. Or maybe the older kids just don't really connect with each other. I certainly wouldn't want to marry someone that I had only seen a few times a year since I was a teen, but the Duggars have proven they don't necessarily care about that with J&A's courtship.

Well, they maybe should have taken the opportunity to snap up Zach before he started courting someone else. He's ~23, so probably a good age for Jana or Jill. Or JD could be paired up with Erin or Michaela.

I agree that it's possible the Duggars don't really like the Bateses as much as they say they do; they've definitely got more of a competitive vibe lately, like the Bateses are stealing their thunder. Or maybe the older kids just don't really connect with each other. I certainly wouldn't want to marry someone that I had only seen a few times a year since I was a teen, but the Duggars have proven they don't necessarily care about that with J&A's courtship.

Erin is much too hoity-toity for a tow truck guy.

Me and my sister closest in age have always sworn to NEVER have a double wedding, even though we have been best friends for years... we are so opposite, it could never work. LOL

Calling all Arndt brothers!! Although they're expecting wives to be within 5 miles of their family compound so AR is probably too far away from them. They can all just continue to be single.

• 2 weeks later...

I come bearing news! Rachel's updated her blog with an interesting insight into the wedding preparations (no mention of the double wedding though): wesleaandcompany.blogspot.com/

Their living situation has always confused me. For a recap, the "old" living arrangements that I read about somewhere, maybe on MamaAnt's old blog, said that Rachel and Wes were building a house (still happening, they live there) and then there's the "barn" where they have the New Year's Eve ball. It's finished inside, so not really a barn, and that the barn has two apartments: one for Michael Jr and Kressant, and one for Cleveland "when he gets a wife" or something along those lines. Remember, one year Kressant went in labor, just hopped on upstairs to her house and popped out the kid.

Now, it looks like they're going to be moving into Cleve's apartment - which, in theory, he shouldn't have been living in, but it's unclear if that's the case. It appears to be fully furnished, at least downstairs, but they're switching out vanities and cabinets when it's essentially new? Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe they used it to house visitors and whatnot - or maybe Cleve really did have a bachelor pad for a few years. And Kressant and Michael are building a new house (not surprising, given how many children they have). I guess it's not all that confusing, once I've written it down.

At any rate, it's an intriguing peek inside, which the Morton blog has failed at recently.

I still don't get it. Whats the family name of Rachel and Wesley? Because they always refer to "the Mortons" as if it would be another family or some kind of friends, but I thought they were Mortons too.

Wes is a Morton. Rachel is now a Morton by marriage, but was a Smith - the Mortons are her in-laws. Kressant, now also a Morton, was also a Smith - she's Rachel's sister.

EDIT: So when she says she's going to the Morton's, she's referring to her mother and father-in-law's house. Since they were family friends before she courted, that's probably still how she thinks of them.

Archived