IGNORED

Mike Pence: Almost as bad as Trump but he might not get us killed

RoseWilder

I knew he was not trustworthy when I read how at his frat house and the police showed up cause they were having a  kegger party and snitched to the police that they were having a party. I think it was during his transition into evangelicalism.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pence-outlines-plan-for-new-space-force-by-2020/ar-BBLIadi?ocid=ientp

So, I guess Creepy Leslie Nielsen is the one who's going to be spearheading this project?

Vice President Mike Pence has announced plans for a new, separate U.S. Space Force as sixth military service by 2020

Pence says it's needed to ensure America's dominance in space amid heightened completion and threats from China and Russia. He says that while space was once peaceful and uncontested, it is now crowded and adversarial.

President Donald Trump has called for a "separate but equal" space force. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has endorsed plans to reorganize the military's space warfighting forces and create a new command, but has previously opposed launching an expensive separate new service.

Any proposal to create a new service would require congressional action.

I still don't even know what they have in mind. I'm envisioning a bunch of bumbling Buzz LIghtyears all floating around with lasers, aiming for aliens, but missing and destroying entire moons/planets (or their own spacecraft).

I can only hope (and it's a futile one I expect) that congress has the sense god gave a goat and shuts this plan down.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Congress has to approve a new military service...wait...the Repugs in charge will do whatever Dumpy and Lurch want.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I'm picturing a grift. Space Force uniforms are like Superman suits but instead of S it's a dollar sign in the chest.   Their billionaire donor buddies have a plan to develop a death star or something and it's a really cool way to transfer tax money into their pockets. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm picturing a grift. Space Force uniforms are like Superman suits but instead of S it's a dollar sign in the chest.   Their billionaire donor buddies have a plan to develop a death star or something and it's a really cool way to transfer tax money into their pockets. 

I’d think their uniforms would have a big T on them

• Upvote 4

Space Balls!  This so much lays bare the utter insanity of this administration.  There is already an Air Force Space Command.  Seriously, there is an existing Air Force Space Command.  

20 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I can only hope (and it's a futile one I expect) that congress has the sense god gave a goat and shuts this plan down.

I don't think it's futile.  Congress won't fund it, with the hope that Trump will forget about it when he's distracted by some other shiny object, like the upcoming military parade (if that's still on).  I wonder if Trump will want to wear a uniform to review the troops?

However, the fact that no one in the administration has stood up and loudly supported the Air Force Space Command and NASA is pretty damned creepy.  They should remember that current service members and veterans are taking note. 

• Upvote 9

"Angel-guided Defense Weapons System..." LOL

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Space Balls!  This so much lays bare the utter insanity of this administration

Yes, Spaceballs! That was the very thing I imagined when picturing the presiduncial  Space Force.

image.png.a46a51b33097811d9d478db77b6fefb2.png

• Haha 6

I hope not! I’ve got my fingers crossed that Pence-poo will also be irrefutably implicated.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

On 8/25/2018 at 2:38 AM, AmazonGrace said:

This has been my thought and fear all along.  Remember Scott, uh, Pruitt? Yeah, him.  He's gone back to Oklahoma or he's lobbying or applying lotion or something.  The guy who replaced him?  Yeah, I don't know his name either.  But  Mr. Low Key NoName is quietly and very effectively continuing to dismantle all environmental protections, without anyone so much as raising an eyebrow.  That's my sense of Pence.  Quietly in the background, doing immense damage. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

I don’t think there will be much of a difference if the presidunce gets impeached and then removed from office.

Between his golfing, executive time and tweeting, there isn’t much time dedicated to governing the country. Everyone can see the presidunce is not doing his job.

So who is?

Pencey-poo of course. Secretly, behind the scenes.

Nobody needs to be afraid of what will happen if he became president. We already know.

• Upvote 11

Pence is making physical contact with Junior's intended. How long was the Silkwood shower when Mother found out?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm, now where have we heard this before? Do you think he means it just as much?

Pence: 'I would' speak to special counsel

Vice President Mike Pence said he would sit down for an interview with special counsel Robert Mueller if asked.

"I would. I would be more than willing to continue to provide any and all support in that," Pence said in an interview that aired Sunday on CBS’ "Face the Nation." "And we have outside counsel that will advise me accordingly."

Mueller and his team are investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and are probing ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. On Sunday, Pence told interviewer Margaret Brennan, that Mueller's team hasn't broached the topic of an interview.

"He has not" asked for an interview, Pence said. "Although we've provided any and all information and we'll continue to do that."

Mueller has been wrangling with President Donald Trump's legal team over an interview. Trump's lawyer, Rudy Guiliani, said last week the president's legal team and Mueller's team remain at odds over the terms of a meeting, namely whether prosecutors could ask questions about obstruction of justice and if the interview would be in-person, though an agreement for written answers could be in the offing. Trump has also said he's open to the interview under the right conditions.

And while Trump has publicly disparaged the Russia probe as a "witch hunt" meant to undermine him, Pence said Sunday the investigation isn't a "focus" for him or the president.

"It's just not been my focus, and it's not the president's focus," Pence said. "I mean the reason why we're making the progress that we're making all across this country, rebuilding our military, restoring America's strength in the world, seeing the opportunity for peace emerge on the Korean peninsula.“

1. "...it's not the president's focus" --- :laughing-rolling: 

2. I sincerely hope Pencey-poo eventually does have to sit down for an interview with Mueller. Mueller knows everything from Flynn, so if he catches him in a lie, it's buh-bye veep!
  • Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. He's not hiding his true affiliations, is he?

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Ugh. He's not hiding his true affiliations, is he?

Sorry LGBTQ FJ folks but all I can think is he protests a little too much........ 

And by the way Mike, It's hardly religious liberty if your plan is to force everyone to adhere to your values. Just saying...

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic