IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters, Part 3

samurai_sarah

Does anyone know what happened to the Boyer sisters. I can't find their blog anymore. I knew they were taking a break but maybe they have decided to leave the web entirely. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't access directly via a google search but in my RSS feed it looks like the site was hacked or something on Jan 24 with the following posted:

HaCkeD By MuhmadEmad

HaCkeD by MuhmadEmad

[gif of Kurdistan_Flag_Waving]

Long Live to peshmarga 

KurDish HaCk3rS WaS Here

kurdlinux007@gmail.com 
FUCK ISIS !

26 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Can't access directly via a google search but in my RSS feed it looks like the site was hacked or something on Jan 24 with the following posted:

If that really is the case and they were hacked, that's quite sad. I mean, I love to snark on the sisters, but damn! I'd never want cyber crime to happen to anyone!!! 

Checking their social media reveals nothing that they've acknowledged that their site is down. Perhaps if they do really read here, this can be their heads up to check with their hosting provider (and change any and all of their passwords ASAP!!!). 

On 1/27/2017 at 4:33 AM, Nina said:

If Brigid had said: Down from the stage please - I doubt my Nephew would have stayed. I know, all people are quick to defend their young, but if strangers tell Nephew to do something he is normaly very quick to do the right thing. Provided the keyword please is used. 

Just FYI, and I'm sure this varies across English speakers, but no one is obligated to use "please" when making a correction.  It's a politeness generally indicative of a request, and in many areas it is quickly falling out of favor when responding to inappropriate behavior. 

I would NEVER use please in the situation you describe, especially to a child. I'm not ASKING him to get down, I'm TELLING him to get down. He doesn't have a choice, so I'm not giving one.

If your nephew does not respond to direction without the word "please", that could be part of the issue as there is no guarantee it was used (and no expectation in this case that it should have been). 

Also, I question how all the ADULTS in this story have less than perfect English, but a 5 year old on the spectrum is evidently so proficient that we aren't questioning whether or not he understood (and therefore listened to) Brigid, especially in a highly stimulating environment.

Brigid just put up a new post regarding her "four month anniversary."  (it's a pet peeve of mine when people use anniversary in this context; i know it's somewhat acceptable now, but i still don't like it.)  she didn't really say much other than what she cooked.

their tableware is very pretty.

2 hours ago, catlady said:

Brigid just put up a new post regarding her "four month anniversary."  (it's a pet peeve of mine when people use anniversary in this context; i know it's somewhat acceptable now, but i still don't like it.)  she didn't really say much other than what she cooked.

their tableware is very pretty.

There's nothing extraordinary about Brigid's post. It literally gives no insight into what she's actually doing now that she's shacked up with her husband. You cooked dinner? Billions of people cook daily. Bragging that your husband bought you flowers and a $4 bag of Ghirardelli squares? A sweet gesture, but celebrating four months of marriage seems like a stretch... There aren't any extenuating circumstances that are limiting your time together. Four just seems like such a random number. If you just want to break out your fancy china, don't use a silly excuse, just do it.

I would have been more intrigued if Brigid wrote up a post about the cake she made for dessert. Showed off the kitchen she is working in now... What bakeware she used (and some of the registry gifts they received vs what she put in her hope chest), how she came across the recipe... if Gabe actually liked the cake. Telling the story behind that beautiful cake plate! 

Yes, it's cake. But it would be far more interesting than the (barely) two paragraphs she wrote up. 

What would be useful to their followers is talking about adapting to marriage, challenges, misconceptions, things that were better than she'd hoped for - fairy tale v reality, with the bad and really good that goes along with that.  But no, it's all about appearance...

All the fundies act like 14 year olds in love during their first year of marriage. Celebrating their anniversary each month and make a huge deal out of nothing. It's completely normal for teenagers to do this. It's embarrassing to watch 20 somethings to do it. 

I have a Facebook friend (a college acquaintance) who literally celebrates every monthiversary with his girlfriend (and posts about it on Facebook). I thought it would stop at some point, but they just recently celebrated two years and five months together. And that guy is in his late twenties. Like, what?! That's just called dinner in my book.

I have a friend in her forties that does this, she has been this way since college. She and her BF celebrate every monthly anniversary. Every thing she does is hyped up and a huge deal. It used to irritate me when we were young, but now it amuses me. Probably because now I only see it from a distance or on FB. 

I think it would be nice if everyone celebrated their life and those in it just because. I try to frequently. I just don't post it on FB, no shame to those that do, I just like my privacy. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All the fundies act like 14 year olds in love during their first year of marriage. Celebrating their anniversary each month and make a huge deal out of nothing. It's completely normal for teenagers to do this. It's embarrassing to watch 20 somethings to do it. 

I've seen it happen.  When I worked in a call center there was this one girl (I have to call her that because she acted like a girl, even though she was at least old enough to drink) who was fighting with her manager because she wanted a certain night off for a Special Occasion.

"I have to have that night off because it's the third month anniversary of when we got married.  We have always promised each other that we'd celebrate each monthly anniversary with a special night out."  

Manager just smiled at her.  Then she went on a rant.  Apparently that Young Couple had discovered the way to have the perfect marriage:  "What people don't understand is that the marriage is the most important thing.  If you neglect it you're doomed.  We have vowed that we'd never put anything else before our marriage.  We celebrate our anniversary each month.  We have breakfast in bed. We give each other gifts and go out to our favorite restaurant.  We tell each other everything that happens while we are away from each other.  We have great sex.  We're going to be together forever and I'm willing to walk out of here right now if I can't have tomorrow off!"  

Her manager smiled again and told her to have a good evening, then asked her if she was willing to work a weekend shift to make up for the night off.  

Girl who has it all figured out:  "But we have plans for the weekend.  Can't we use some of my PTO (paid time off)?"

Manager:  "You're supposed to apply for PTO at least 24 hours before the next schedule comes out.  You didn't do that, but I can override that in case of emergency.  But you haven't worked here long enough for you to have accrued enough PTO time to cover a whole shift.  We don't usually let people use PTO until they have 20 hours banked unless it's an emergency.  A three month anniversary isn't considered an emergency, but I'll let you slide.  So do you want to lose a days pay or do you want to work on the weekend?  Call your husband and let me know.  You have half an hour, I'll need the time to adjust the schedule."

Girl who had it all figured out flounced out to call her husband.  Her manager just shook his head and laughed.  Another employee asked him why he let her get away with that.  He replied "She does a good job when she's not going on about her super-special marriage.  I think it's funny to watch her when she starts telling people how things are supposed to be.  I kind of want to see what happens when she has a real emergency and can't have her Anniversary Date Night."

Someone else said:  "And she's pretty, always wears full makeup and tight clothing and prances around every chance she gets hoping for someone to tell her how hot she is."

Manager:  "Yeah, there's that.  She's hot.  I like looking at her.  She's also stuck up and I want to see what happens when she doesn't get her way.  It's going to be quite the show.  But don't worry, we're always hiring.  If she goes too far or pisses off the wrong person, she can be replaced.  For right now, she's hot, and she amuses me."

This was also the same girl that criticized a woman (behind her back) who came back after maternity leave for not having lost the baby weight yet.  The same girl who threw a fit when she was having a bad hair day and wanted to wear a stylish ball cap, but it interfered with her headset, and the same girl who got a skateboard with a handle in the company Christmas draw and kept putting her customers on hold while she skated back and forth so everyone could see her.

I'm positive this isn't a new thought but I haven't read it articulated exactly this way: does anyone else find it interesting that the Boyers took a blog break just after the height of our commentary on them here, and have returned just after the thread faded and dropped off page 1? :my_rolleyes:

I mean, I try not to engage in too much speculation besides what is obvious from the muck served up by fundies and their media presences. I'm sure it does also have a lot to do with their recent changes. But I wouldn't be surprised if the sudden front page negativity paired with possible real-life engagement by Gabe was really stressing them out. This may be the first really thorough, organized critique/criticism they've ever been exposed to. 

50 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I've seen it happen.  When I worked in a call center there was this one girl (I have to call her that because she acted like a girl, even though she was at least old enough to drink) who was fighting with her manager because she wanted a certain night off for a Special Occasion.

"I have to have that night off because it's the third month anniversary of when we got married.  We have always promised each other that we'd celebrate each monthly anniversary with a special night out."  

Manager just smiled at her.  Then she went on a rant.  Apparently that Young Couple had discovered the way to have the perfect marriage:  "What people don't understand is that the marriage is the most important thing.  If you neglect it you're doomed.  We have vowed that we'd never put anything else before our marriage.  We celebrate our anniversary each month.  We have breakfast in bed. We give each other gifts and go out to our favorite restaurant.  We tell each other everything that happens while we are away from each other.  We have great sex.  We're going to be together forever and I'm willing to walk out of here right now if I can't have tomorrow off!"  

Her manager smiled again and told her to have a good evening, then asked her if she was willing to work a weekend shift to make up for the night off.  

Girl who has it all figured out:  "But we have plans for the weekend.  Can't we use some of my PTO (paid time off)?"

Manager:  "You're supposed to apply for PTO at least 24 hours before the next schedule comes out.  You didn't do that, but I can override that in case of emergency.  But you haven't worked here long enough for you to have accrued enough PTO time to cover a whole shift.  We don't usually let people use PTO until they have 20 hours banked unless it's an emergency.  A three month anniversary isn't considered an emergency, but I'll let you slide.  So do you want to lose a days pay or do you want to work on the weekend?  Call your husband and let me know.  You have half an hour, I'll need the time to adjust the schedule."

Girl who had it all figured out flounced out to call her husband.  Her manager just shook his head and laughed.  Another employee asked him why he let her get away with that.  He replied "She does a good job when she's not going on about her super-special marriage.  I think it's funny to watch her when she starts telling people how things are supposed to be.  I kind of want to see what happens when she has a real emergency and can't have her Anniversary Date Night."

Someone else said:  "And she's pretty, always wears full makeup and tight clothing and prances around every chance she gets hoping for someone to tell her how hot she is."

Manager:  "Yeah, there's that.  She's hot.  I like looking at her.  She's also stuck up and I want to see what happens when she doesn't get her way.  It's going to be quite the show.  But don't worry, we're always hiring.  If she goes too far or pisses off the wrong person, she can be replaced.  For right now, she's hot, and she amuses me."

This was also the same girl that criticized a woman (behind her back) who came back after maternity leave for not having lost the baby weight yet.  The same girl who threw a fit when she was having a bad hair day and wanted to wear a stylish ball cap, but it interfered with her headset, and the same girl who got a skateboard with a handle in the company Christmas draw and kept putting her customers on hold while she skated back and forth so everyone could see her.

.......Uhhh....What?!  I'm kinda sad I've never witnessed such an amusing atrocity.

I still don't understand how most fundie homeschooled girls seem to spend their life in the kitchen prior to marriage, yet a "fancy meal" is salmon, broccoli and (bland) rice. That's like a 30 min. weekday dinner at our house.

The cake does look delicious and I would much rather read a recipe post than this fake "glimpse" into Brigid's life that offers nothing but a glimpse of her wedding china. Also, it's stupid to own crystal wine glasses and not enjoy a glass of white wine on your "monthaversary".

19 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I still don't understand how most fundie homeschooled girls seem to spend their life in the kitchen prior to marriage, yet a "fancy meal" is salmon, broccoli and (bland) rice. That's like a 30 min. weekday dinner at our house.

The cake does look delicious and I would much rather read a recipe post than this fake "glimpse" into Brigid's life that offers nothing but a glimpse of her wedding china. Also, it's stupid to own crystal wine glasses and not enjoy a glass of white wine on your "monthaversary".

Yeah, I try not to judge other people's eating habits but that meal was NOT gourmet. Didn't she get any cookbooks for her wedding?

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

Unfortunately your boss is one of the many reasons that girl behaved the way she did. She got away with things because she was hot. She thought she was super special because she was hot. It's better to learn a life lesson that you aren't in fact special  at 21 than 40. 

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

The cake stand is gorgeous! It looks like blue milk glass, but I'd love to get more details. 

Looks like a Donna Hay brand green glass cake stand.  

But, but, but it was Spiced Salmon y'all! At least she can cook, I don't think most of the Duggar girls can cook. Tator tot casserole doesn't count. Blech. 

Maybe not gourmet, but it looks lovely, IMHO.  I'd be happy if my honey made this for me.  I took her "gourmet" to be a little tongue-in-cheek since she was pretty jokey later in the post, too.  

15 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Maybe not gourmet, but it looks lovely, IMHO.  I'd be happy if my honey made this for me.  I took her "gourmet" to be a little tongue-in-cheek since she was pretty jokey later in the post, too.  

Oh it looks perfectly healthy and normal, especially for a couple their age. I just guess I would expect more from someone who spent their whole life learning the domestic arts. 

Here's a link to the cake stand if anyone's interested. (My mom collects jadeite)

https://www.amazon.com/Mosser-Jadeite-Cake-Stand-24010J/dp/B00367MYAI

The cake stand is nice. I'd like to hear more about her favorite wedding gifts. And things like why they favored the gold flatware over silver, how they decided on the China pattern and so forth. I wonder how often they use the good service. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived