IGNORED

"Women are best when they are quiet." So STFU Kendal

MonkeyMomma

OK, maybe I was a little overly rude and snarky with that title, but I'm overtired and Kendal extra ticked me off with her "Mrs. President" post.

www.thefatherknowsbest.com/2011/09/mrs-president.html

A woman president would have a very heavy leadership position over men. According to the Bible, is it ok for women to lead men? We know from scripture that women should not teach men (1 Timothy 2:11-12) and in Ephesians we see that men are called to be the heads of their home. And it's clear from Titus that both young and old women have a responsibility to teach and train the younger. So I would think that a woman president would not be fulfilling her true calling thus going against scripture.

I'm curious how a mother and wife can run the country and still be a submissive wife and a loving dedicated mother? Can a woman be the leader of the country and not be the leader of her home? I doubt it!!

I'd rather see that obviously smart driven woman take that passion and use it for God's glory. Serve your home with unadulterated passion and drive!

Bachmann and Palin.....love your political views but would rather see your husbands step up and do some leading! Where are all the strong conservative men! :P

Oh yeah, because "First Dude" Todd Palin and "Pray the gay away" Marcus Bachmann are exactly the type of leadership we need.

"Women are best when they are quiet. I share the apostle Paul’s feelings when he bade women to be silent in the assembly. Yet there is work for holy women, and we read of Peter’s wife’s mother that she arose and ministered to Christ. She did what she could and what she should. She arose and ministered to him. Some people can do nothing that they are allowed to do, but waste their energies in lamenting that they are not called on to do other people’s work." Spurgeon

This quote pisses me off so much. It's not about what one is good at, or even what one may be "called" to do, but what one is "allowed" to do. :roll: And really, if "women are best when they are quiet," why does Kendal feel that it's appropriate to spout off on the internets?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be missing parts of my biblical studies (ok to be fare I'm missing a whole lot of parts from that, but we'll pretend for the time being) because I distinctly remember hearing about some very independent women in the bible who worked, and even passed on messages from God...

And isn't she, herself, engaging in a form of teaching when she posts stuff like that on her blog?

I think Kendal is best when she is quiet. But like the hypocrite she is, she's not going to follow the nonsense rules she puts out there. Unless she's going to be quiet now? Or maybe she only counts speaking. Judging by what she shares on teh internet, Kendal not speaking wouldn't be so bad for people who know her IRL anyways.

I must be missing parts of my biblical studies (ok to be fare I'm missing a whole lot of parts from that, but we'll pretend for the time being) because I distinctly remember hearing about some very independent women in the bible who worked, and even passed on messages from God...

And isn't she, herself, engaging in a form of teaching when she posts stuff like that on her blog?

No, I'm right there with you. I wouldn't consider myself a biblical scholar, though I have taken a few graduate level courses. In Kendal's exegesis, there seems to be 1) a convenient forgetting of women holding roles such as deacon in the early church and 2) a tendency to favor Paul's misogyny over Jesus' radical inclusivity.

Did these people skip the book of Judges? Hello! Deborah was a judge. And no, she was not sitting at home crocheting lace while sipping tea and serving her husband. Men came to her for advice and leadership and nowhere in the Bible does it even imply that she was doing something wrong.

No, I'm right there with you. I wouldn't consider myself a biblical scholar, though I have taken a few graduate level courses. In Kendal's exegesis, there seems to be 1) a convenient forgetting of women holding roles such as deacon in the early church and 2) a tendency to favor Paul's misogyny over Jesus' radical inclusivity.

What I've learned from the Fundies is, Jesus doesn't matter... He's just the son of God and the Lord and Savior. His opinion isn't worth a thing.

Deborah also left her husband at home and went off into battle with another man. That is also the same chapter where Jael tricks and kills her husband. Not exactly a submissive wife there. And the Bible doesn't act like she did anything bad.

Deborah also left her husband at home and went off into battle with another man. That is also the same chapter where Jael tricks and kills her husband. Not exactly a submissive wife there. And the Bible doesn't act like she did anything bad.

I gotta spend more time with the Book of Judges.

Read her comments. She's only got 1 so far, but it's enough to make you want to throw up.

It seems like Daniel is her husband? Click on his name and you will see where it leads you.

Does she moderate comments? I don't read her, so I could go over and say "Then shut the fuck up."

I would actually want to leave a bitchy comment for the male chauvinist pig she has as a husband.

“Most blessed of women be Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, most blessed of tent-dwelling women.

25 He asked for water, and she gave him milk; in a bowl fit for nobles she brought him curdled milk.

26 Her hand reached for the tent peg, her right hand for the workman’s hammer. She struck Sisera, she crushed his head, she shattered and pierced his temple.

27 At her feet he sank, he fell; there he lay. At her feet he sank, he fell; where he sank, there he fell - dead.

So she was called the most blessed of women because she not only stood up to her crappy husband, she killed him in a pretty horrid way. Not a quiet woman.

Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at that time.

5 She held court under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went up to her to have their disputes decided.

6 She sent for Barak son of Abinoam from Kedesh in Naphtali and said to him, “The Lord, the God of Israel, commands you: ‘Go, take with you ten thousand men of Naphtali and Zebulun and lead them up to Mount Tabor.

7 I will lead Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River and give him into your hands.’â€

8 Barak said to her, “If you go with me, I will go; but if you don’t go with me, I won’t go.â€

9 “Certainly I will go with you,†said Deborah. “But because of the course you are taking, the honor will not be yours, for the Lord will deliver Sisera into the hands of a woman.†So Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh.

Not a quiet woman who stayed at home being submissive either. I think Kendall needs to read the Bible more.

ETA: If you notice that the one guy was afraid to go into battle without Deborah, so she must have been pretty fierce.

It seems like Daniel is her husband? Click on his name and you will see where it leads you.

I weep for their girls. And I'm not even being a little snarky.

Here's the thing - there are some people who are really cut out for the homemaker/full-time parent gig. My mom is one of them. She is one of the coolest, most passionate people I know. She rocks the homeschooling and the gardening and all that. But it is her passion. It is her choice. I just can't imagine being disappointed in my child for furthering their education or pursuing a passion in service to the world. That's so beyond f'ed up.

Guest Anonymous

I wish I had could think of something to say to the guy who left the only comment but I really am speechless. I really want to comment back but don't know what to say. :shock:

“Most blessed of women be Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, most blessed of tent-dwelling women.

25 He asked for water, and she gave him milk; in a bowl fit for nobles she brought him curdled milk.

26 Her hand reached for the tent peg, her right hand for the workman’s hammer. She struck Sisera, she crushed his head, she shattered and pierced his temple.

27 At her feet he sank, he fell; there he lay. At her feet he sank, he fell; where he sank, there he fell - dead.

So she was called the most blessed of women because she not only stood up to her crappy husband, she killed him in a pretty horrid way. Not a quiet woman.

hear.me.roar.

though not a husband - the enemy king, that Deb. had prophesied wouldn't go to the King of the Israelites.

Indeed.

He died at the hand of a woman.

Still. Not quiet. Not submissive. And certainly pushing [flat out violating] the boundaries of desert hospitality.

:D

I wish I had could think of something to say to the guy who left the only comment but I really am speechless. I really want to comment back but don't know what to say. :shock:

Me too... perhaps we could uhm put our heads together (not sure if that idiom means what I think it means)? I mean, together we could think about something sharp to say.

Edit. I wrote a comment and will see if it will be published.

"I'm curious how a mother and wife can run the country and still be a submissive wife and a loving dedicated mother? "

The fact is you can't run the country and be submissive. I would suggest that you can't do anything well if you are submissive. If you let go of your power - no job you do will be as good as it could be. I just can not understand why anyone would choose to believe in a God that makes them less.

Me too... perhaps we could uhm put our heads together (not sure if that idiom means what I think it means)? I mean, together we could think about something sharp to say.

Yeah, Daniel is her husband. For those who didn't read his comment here is a highlight:

And the same goes for my 3 girls, I would be very disappointed and I would feel like I failed them if they pursued careers as doctors, lawyers, politician, or whatever really (don’t want to pick on any one career). But I will be a very proud father when they reach their full potential as a homemaker and not wasting one ounce on a career outside of their homes.

Holy Fucking Shit! I want to call my Dad and ask if he feels like a failure because I have a PhD, but no Mrs yet. I'm going to guess not.

Guest Anonymous

What do these women do when their husbands die early on and leave them with kids and no means to support themselves. A degree or some type of certificate from a trade school might come in handy no?

Being a wife and mom is great but if you can't support yourself and kids on your own if need be that's very irresponsible. Especially the way these families breed like crazy..I can see it being hard with one or two kids making ends meet on your own but could you imagine having 5,6,7 or more kids to support? That scares the crap outta me!

What do these women do when their husbands die early on and leave them with kids and no means to support themselves. A degree or some type of certificate from a trade school might come in handy no?

Being a wife and mom is great but if you can't support yourself and kids on your own if need be that's very irresponsible. Especially the way these families breed like crazy..I can see it being hard with one or two kids making ends meet on your own but could you imagine having 5,6,7 or more kids to support? That scares the crap outta me!

I would love to know Kendal's opinion about that.. but this is one of the questions I'd like to ask every fundie-wife!

Not to mention that a working mom can be a huge 'blessing' to a home. There are so many opportunities to work from home. Really, what would be wrong with spending an hour or two in paid work every day instead of cross-stitching? Even when I homeschooled, I had enough leisure time to fit in a little paid work and still keep up the housework/schoolwork/childcare/etc.

Some women like to be busy, I am one of them. So why should those women knit or polish cabinets every day when they could earn money? To answer my own question, it's because money=power, so the woman would not be economically forced to submit.

Guest Anonymous

Holy fucking shit!!!! This woman actually has a blog called "The Father Knows Best" ?????? How have I missed this so far????

It looks like I have a lot of delectable craziness to look forward as I explore this blog!

Archived