IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- Hey baaaaabe, I think I wanna marry you

samurai_sarah

For a song I'm gonna go Disney ...

True love's kiss from the movie Enchanted . 

"It's the most powerful thing in the world." :roll:

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I randomly got "Damnit, Janet" stuck in my head. Too bad the Duggars never went with that J name.

I can't remember what I guessed her colors would be, navy and creme? I think. I don't think she'd add pink to it because then she'd have exactly the same colors as Jessa. But I see Jinger having a lacey dress. 

2 hours ago, charmedforsure said:

Venue for a reception? Nah. Since the Cathedral has a capacity of up to 1000, I'm placing good money that JinJer's cake and punch (and perhaps a gourmet coffee bar instead of root beer floats or brownie sundaes) reception is parking lot based, and close Duggar acquaintances will be invited down the road to the Duggar compound to celebrate Spurgeon's first birthday (I'm sure Jessa will be banking on people bringing loads of presents for Spurge). Doubling the bet that the Rodriguii aren't invited to Spurgeon's Bday Bash.

Hahaha I can totally see Jill strongly hinting that she wants an invitation and/or insisting the family show up to Spurge's birthday uninvited.

19 minutes ago, withaj said:

All I can hear is the Glee version of this... Not sure I ever heard the original! Can you tell I've only listened to NPR in the car for 10 years??

LOL - that song is one of the reasons why I stopped listening to the radio on my daily commute to my last job. Rush-hour traffic jams and that song? I inevitably shouted at the radio, because of the line "let's find something dumb to do...". No, no, no, you don't just marry someone, because you're bored! Find a new hobby, for goodness' sake, and get off my lawn, bloody kids.

Yes, I was seriously overthinking that song, and it turned me into my grumpy grandfather.  :my_biggrin:

Wow this this thread moved fast overnight. Or is it just because I slept until almost midday? Don't judge I'm making the most of my last day off 

I like the invitation. It actually looks like some thought has been put into it. 

Im going to say that the guys will be in a navy suit with blue or pink ties. 

1 hour ago, withaj said:

All I can hear is the Glee version of this... Not sure I ever heard the original! Can you tell I've only listened to NPR in the car for 10 years??

I hear Marry You, and I just picture the finale of Magic Mike XXL with the dance from Joe Manganiello... Heh heh.

16 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

So it sounds like the consensus is her colors are probably the same as Jessa's?

Of course then she's probably gone for the theme of using Jessa's decorations. Which were originally Jill's I believe.

21 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

LOL - that song is one of the reasons why I stopped listening to the radio on my daily commute to my last job. Rush-hour traffic jams and that song? I inevitably shouted at the radio, because of the line "let's find something dumb to do...". No, no, no, you don't just marry someone, because you're bored! Find a new hobby, for goodness' sake, and get off my lawn, bloody kids.

Yes, I was seriously overthinking that song, and it turned me into my grumpy grandfather.  :my_biggrin:

No kidding! That was the first thought I had too; that and "and if you wake up and wanna break up that's cool, it's been fun, girl". Which is NOT cool in their eyes. I used that song as an example for a bully in my life when "it" got engaged. LOL.

Anyway, what interesting amusement; about 3 people who made me think "you're in big trouble mister" for leaking the info so publicly.

Soooo around witch time do you think the wedding will be? Afternoon ? Or late morning? After all there has to be time for celebret Spurgie first bday 

I think Jessa used coral not pink. And I agree with the previous poster that said a dusty rose pink. Not a bright pink. And navy of course. You need blue so Michelle can wear one of her hideous blue shirts. 

11 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

No kidding! That was the first thought I had too; that and "and if you wake up and wanna break up that's cool, it's been fun, girl". Which is NOT cool in their eyes. I used that song as an example for a bully in my life when "it" got engaged. LOL.

(snip)

I successfully forgot about that line. Catchy tune, but goodness the lyrics are daft.

Shall we pretend that the whole song is a sarcastic comment on rushed fundie marriages? ;)

30 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think so, but I'm predicting she'll have some purple in there as well as it's more "fall".

I also think she'll follow Jessa's lead and pick a dress that's kind of fashionable and already modest enough that it doesn't need altering. As for her dress, I'm predicting flowy tulle with a bit of lace, because those kind of dresses are all over Pinterest at the moment and I can see Jinger being the type to look there for inspiration. So - this one. 

7_M564F.jpg

38 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Wow similar wedding date AND similar wedding colors...wonder how Jessa likes that

Now I'm kicking myself for not suggesting "Crazy Little Thing Called Love."

Its rock music (aka, the Devil's music) and was sung by a bisexual man with the voice of an Angel (aka, the Duggars mortal enemy.) Would have been perfect! :pb_lol:

It's 5:50 am and all I can say is it WEDDINGpoolza day :D 

I expect pms with pictures and whatnot until I am home this evening at 6:30

and I bet they are paying someone to post Happy Bday Spud facebook feed and no mention of the wedding because we are all heathens 

5 hours ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

I don't think their invitation has been posted, but I apogize if it was.

Oh Good Lord - that is so bland - but them. Those are somewhat yet not Jessa's colors - Color me confusing slightly 

Thank you JASON Hartono 

I love the invite! I think this might be the classiest Duggar wedding to date (which isn't really saying much). As someone neck deep in wedding planning herself, I'm mildly obsessed with this whole shindig.

do we think and I don't have sisters or brothers for that matter - but do we think Jessa is allowing all this because she is also sad her sister is moving away and agreeing because maybe they aren't fake close but really close and they both feel more bonded than ever?

1 hour ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Wow this this thread moved fast overnight. Or is it just because I slept until almost midday? Don't judge I'm making the most of my last day off 

I like the invitation. It actually looks like some thought has been put into it. 

Im going to say that the guys will be in a navy suit with blue or pink ties. 

I woke up (or should I say got woken up by the cat) at 8am and there was 106 replies on the old thread and then 20 or so in this one. So it's moving fast!

I was a bit excited about the wedding being today that I forgot 8am UK time is about 2am Arkansas time, so I may have to wait a few hours. I'm now on full wedding watch mode, I'm also on snow watch mode because it's meant to snow here today. About 6pm I'll be going to a bonfire and a fireworks display (I bloody love Guy Fawkes night) but after I'm done freezing my tits off I'll be back on wedding watch! 

9 minutes ago, nst said:

do we think and I don't have sisters or brothers for that matter - but do we think Jessa is allowing all this because she is also sad her sister is moving away and agreeing because maybe they aren't fake close but really close and they both feel more bonded than ever?

I think people give Jessa way too much credit. I highly doubt anyone was overly concerned about what Jessa felt about the wedding date or details. It isn't her wedding - it's Jinger's and Jeremy's and they need to make decisions best for them, not her sister.

I've explained so many times, but I doubt JinJer would have had a ton of options when it came to venues with availability in their required time frame. They were working on a tight schedule because of other weddings in this time period as well as the Dills likely needing to return to CA soon.

That said, I do get the feeling that Jessa and Jinger are genuinely close with one another. It wouldn't surprise me if the chosen date had been discussed a bit, but I doubt Jessa ever had veto power of any sort. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jessa was feeling conflicting emotions either - happy that her sister is getting married, but also sad that she's moving far away.

10 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

I woke up (or should I say got woken up by the cat) at 8am and there was 106 replies on the old thread and then 20 or so in this one. So it's moving fast!

I was a bit excited about the wedding being today that I forgot 8am UK time is about 2am Arkansas time, so I may have to wait a few hours. I'm now on full wedding watch mode, I'm also on snow watch mode because it's meant to snow here today. About 6pm I'll be going to a bonfire and a fireworks display (I bloody love Guy Fawkes night) but after I'm done freezing my tits off I'll be back on wedding watch! 

Yeah I forgot about the time difference too and was like oooohhh the weddings soon when I woke up then I remembered the UK is 5 hours ahead :pb_lol:

we don't do Guy Fawkes in Northern Ireland so I'm on wedding watch all day while writing an essay on religious indoctrination :irony:

56 minutes ago, charmedforsure said:

I hear Marry You, and I just picture the finale of Magic Mike XXL with the dance from Joe Manganiello... Heh heh.

I still need to see this, I'll add it to my list of things to drown out election coverage. 

I'm actually a little worried for Jinger. She seems like she may be a little more sensitive than Jill or Jessa and marriage is sure to be a big shock for her. I hope the day goes well and she's truly happy.

23 minutes ago, nst said:

I think its possible. Jessa and Jinger's friendship has always seemed sincere to me, even if Jessa may seem like the bossier one. Plus they can have an excuse to travel together every year and do joint anniversary trips.

Argh. Don't get me started on the time difference! It's midnight Saturday night here in Australia and I'll be up and down all night checking the JillRod situation! 

I think Jeremy being older and more confident has maybe enabled Jinger to break the Duggar Fundy wedding mold. I think this one might actually be about the couple, and not about how much publicity and grifting Boob can get out of it. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived