IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt 4: Dump Truck Baby

samurai_sarah

8 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I'm not sure which picture is sadder now - the funeral engagement picture or the miniature grandpa-baby in the truck....

Grandpa baby screaming in the truck

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most recent instagram picture is of Esther and Pricilla and their new babies.  They look to be similar in age but compared to plump dump truck baby Esther's baby looks so frail and tiny.  I don't have kids and I know they can have totally diffferent body sizes and growth spurts.  I've never seen skinny fingers on a baby before though.  I wanna take his old many shoes off, give him a nice warm set of PJs, some warm formula and cuddle him and read him a book.  Say what you will about Pris but she seems like a doting mom and her children always look healthy and cared for.  Too bad the husband comes with the deal. 

37 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

The most recent instagram picture is of Esther and Pricilla and their new babies.  They look to be similar in age but compared to plump dump truck baby Esther's baby looks so frail and tiny.  I don't have kids and I know they can have totally diffferent body sizes and growth spurts.  I've never seen skinny fingers on a baby before though.  I wanna take his old many shoes off, give him a nice warm set of PJs, some warm formula and cuddle him and read him a book.  Say what you will about Pris but she seems like a doting mom and her children always look healthy and cared for.  Too bad the husband comes with the deal. 

See that last part is kind of why I have a soft spot for these two-they're both-in their community-considered to be sort of damaged. She's not all there and he's clearly gay...so their parents put them together and now he can look straight and she has someone to take care of her. It's kind of a fundie match made in heaven.

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

That's the crazy thing...Esther's baby is almost 6 months old. It is pretty common for babies to lose weight when they become more mobile, but it's not like Isaiah is walking yet. And Stephen (the Shrader toddler) looked pretty small and frail as a baby too. I don't think the kids get very good medical care in Zambia, and they're not vaxxed either. 

1 hour ago, BadMurphy said:

See that last part is kind of why I have a soft spot for these two-they're both-in their community-considered to be sort of damaged. She's not all there and he's clearly gay...so their parents put them together and now he can look straight and she has someone to take care of her. It's kind of a fundie match made in heaven.

Yes, he's so clearly gay :pb_rollseyes:. I don't know how many times an FJer has complained that fundies stereotype gay people, and yet that's exactly what so many do to DW. It's annoying as crap. 

And honestly, I just watched a TH from Counting On where Anna's speech pattern was so similar to Prissy's, that I wondered why I hadn't noticed it before. I think Priss doesn't do well on camera, but I think she's "all there". 

4 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

Too bad the husband comes with the deal. 

I think that is true for Esther as well. 

22 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

That's the crazy thing...Esther's baby is almost 6 months old. It is pretty common for babies to lose weight when they become more mobile, but it's not like Isaiah is walking yet. And Stephen (the Shrader toddler) looked pretty small and frail as a baby too. I don't think the kids get very good medical care in Zambia, and they're not vaxxed either. 

John has asked for prayers for the little guys on FB at various times.  He never gives details - and he always forgets to tell his leg-humpers when the kids are getting better.  They have to ask to updates.

22 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Yes, he's so clearly gay :pb_rollseyes:. I don't know how many times an FJer has complained that fundies stereotype gay people, and yet that's exactly what so many do to DW. It's annoying as crap. 

And honestly, I just watched a TH from Counting On where Anna's speech pattern was so similar to Prissy's, that I wondered why I hadn't noticed it before. I think Priss doesn't do well on camera, but I think she's "all there". 

I agree strongly with both.  It would be good if people focused on the beliefs and quit stereotyping.

Esther has very similar speech patterns as well, but both Anna and Esther seem less exaggerated on camera.  Pris tries much too hard and looks and sounds unnatural.

On 11/23/2016 at 11:26 PM, 19BabyGerkins said:

I dare say it's a grin and bear it type deal.  She is no doubt in pain, exhausted and miserable having a camera in her face hours after giving birth.

I wasn't referring to just the latest post-baby video.  Take a look at a few of the others.  Here she is being extra joyful at the Grand Canyon.  

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John has asked for prayers for the little guys on FB at various times.  He never gives details - and he always forgets to tell his leg-humpers when the kids are getting better.  They have to ask to updates.

I agree strongly with both.  It would be good if people focused on the beliefs and quit stereotyping.

Esther has very similar speech patterns as well, but both Anna and Esther seem less exaggerated on camera.  Pris tries much too hard and looks and sounds unnatural.

I wasn't referring to just the latest post-baby video.  Take a look at a few of the others.  Here she is being extra joyful at the Grand Canyon.  

Yeah that's insane joy.  I kinda wish I could be a LITTLE like that though lol I tend to cranky more than i like.  So is it just her being fake because she has too, or is she really that joyful ALL THE TIME??

14 minutes ago, 19BabyGerkins said:

Yeah that's insane joy.  I kinda wish I could be a LITTLE like that though lol I tend to cranky more than i like.  So is it just her being fake because she has too, or is she really that joyful ALL THE TIME??

Who knows really, but my guy tells me she's that way at least most of the time. I think it would be really enjoyable for a toddler/young child to have her for a mother.  

On 11/26/2016 at 5:01 PM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Who knows really, but my guy tells me she's that way at least most of the time. I think it would be really enjoyable for a toddler/young child to have her for a mother.  

I think she would be a lot of fun for a kid to have as a mother too. Pris really does seem sweet and maybe a little too joyful. The Pecan Thief on the other hand is a whole different ball game. 

On 11/26/2016 at 3:31 PM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Toddler/young child, yes.  Teenager - no way!

I must be a horrible person because I'd find all that sweetness and light very annoying to be around for long. ;)

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I must be a horrible person because I'd find all that sweetness and light very annoying to be around for long. ;)

You're not a horrible person, I agree with you. I'm all about positivity but hearing Pris say "YAAAAASSSSS" multiple times in a conversation would leave me stabby. She's a sweet woman, though, despite her beliefs. She would be a perfect Fundie Mary Poppins. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

No definitely not. I'm too grumpy to listen to all of that for long. Take your sunshine act and shove it ;) 

Why do you think she's so sweet with her children? I bet she trains them hard. I also bet Pecan blames her every time kids don't behave perfectly. So she trains harder.

They are trying so appear as the perfect fundies, they remind me of young Michelle  and JB or Bates. Keeping sweet in the surface but being hard inside home.

But they are somehow worse than other fundies.  I hope I'm wrong but  there's so much fear, insecurity and agressivity in Pecan's eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light that he's a wife abuser. I have no evidence, it's just intuition.

I was wondering if any of the Journey to the Heart participants who had Priscilla as their leader had ever blogged about their experience, so I could see what she was like before becoming Mrs. Waller.  I couldn't find much with some basic googling, but I did find some testimonials by and concerning Priscilla at http://livingthejourney.com/ .  Each story was pretty much the same, saving souls for Jesus, without much insight into what makes her tick.

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It would depend upon just how genuine the person was. Even a teen could enjoy a mom like that if she knew she wasn't a hypocrite. My mom is very....exuberant in public and people were often telling me how much fun it must be to be her daughter. And it very often was, but I also knew her dark side and so I would just smile and not answer. It drove me crazy. If she hadn't been two-faced, I would never have tired of her perky self. (I don't mean to imply that one is a hypocrite for different moods. I mean serious two-facedness.)

17 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Why do you think she's so sweet with her children? I bet she trains them hard. I also bet Pecan blames her every time kids don't behave perfectly. So she trains harder.

They are trying so appear as the perfect fundies, they remind me of young Michelle  and JB or Bates. Keeping sweet in the surface but being hard inside home.

But they are somehow worse than other fundies.  I hope I'm wrong but  there's so much fear, insecurity and agressivity in Pecan's eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light that he's a wife abuser. I have no evidence, it's just intuition.

My mother calls a person like that (the bolded words, I mean) a street angel/house devil. Do you think that'd apply to TFDW, or Fundies in general? (Not to malign all Fundies, mind you; I'm sure there are some genuinely nice/kind Fundie folk.)

9 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

My mother calls a person like that (the bolded words, I mean) a street angel/house devil. Do you think that'd apply to TFDW, or Fundies in general? (Not to malign all Fundies, mind you; I'm sure there are some genuinely nice/kind Fundie folk.)

Well it probably applies to all fundies in some level, but there're people who don't need to fake happiness and others are obviously acting. I mean, I can trust Whitney Bates when she says she's thrilled with her kids, but no way I'm trusting Kelly when says kid #18 is so speshul. Just an example.

Maxwells and Anderson are very bad actors. Nobody can believe they're happy, smiles are forced, eyes are scared or angry. I think Pecan is in the same team.

On 25/11/2016 at 4:46 PM, Dandruff said:

I'm trying to imagine the holiday conversation among Pecan, Joshley, and Shrader....and just can't.

Davy : "up for another mud wrestle Joshlley?"

Frankly, I have more of a problem with speculation about TFDW being an abuser than about his sexual orientation. So what if he is gay, hetero, or bi? Nothing wrong with any of it. But to speculate that he may be an abuser...plenty wrong with that. Totally blasting his character, with absolutely no evidence, not good.

Can't believe I'm defending one of them, ugh. As for Pris...bless her heart.

@VelociRapture posted in the Bates forum that Kelly and Gil Bates will be joining Pecan "and family" at IBLP Family Conferences in Australia in January. Lucky Priss, getting to handle three toddlers (yes, I counted Pecan as a toddler) and an infant on an excruciatingly long flight. I can't imagine the effort to keep sweet after being on a plane that long.

5 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

How do they pay the airfares? That won't be cheap?

<sung to the first two lines of "The Impossible Dream">

To grift, the impossible grift
To go, where donors' money will go

I'm sure someone will pony up the bucks, but Priss and the kids will be stuck in the "cheap seats". Any upgrades would go to Gil & Kelly, and, possibly Pecan.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived