IGNORED

Olivia of Fresh Modesty Engaged

0 kids n not countin

On 10/6/2016 at 0:56 PM, NakedKnees said:

I feel sort of guilty picking apart the dress... sewing is clearly HER thing and I seriously think she wasn't thrilled with the results, so I feel for her a bit there.

That said.... the drop waist doesn't even bother me that much. I think a flowy-er fabric would have been nicer, or a longer skirt. But the train isn't bad, nor the sleeves. To me, it's just the front-and-center part that is blah.

I'm sure that if she'd given herself more time to plan and make it, it could have been great.

I agree! I know I keep bashing the dress but as I've said before, it's because of doing it in such a short time. That was a bad idea. She would have rocked it with more time.  TBH I'm surprised she didn't start on it sooner. I mean, come on, surely she knew a ring was coming???

• Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, meep said:

I agree! I know I keep bashing the dress but as I've said before, it's because of doing it in such a short time. That was a bad idea. She would have rocked it with more time.  TBH I'm surprised she didn't start on it sooner. I mean, come on, surely she knew a ring was coming???

Yet another reason why short fundie engagements suck :P

If they'd had a 12 or 18-month engagement, as is common with mainstream couples these days, she would have had more than enough time to make a fantastic dress.

A friend of mine actually did make her own wedding dress, and it was absolutely beautiful. She and her husband were engaged for a couple of years, IIRC, so she had plenty of time to glean inspiration, decide what she wanted, get the perfect fabric, unpick stitches, change her mind, and come out with something stunning.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this on Olivia's Instagram today:

(Apologies for linking rather than embedding; I'm on Tapatalk atm).

She should join JRod's Plexus MLM scheme [emoji14]
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

What the heck is Eno?  

Apparently it's the brand name of a camping hammock. I was thinking about how one of daughters over at Treasures from a Shoebox also apparently had lime disease. It seems like a lot of fundie women claim to have it, and it occurred to me that a number of the symptoms for lime disease are the same for major depression. (In fact, upon investigating, one of the symptoms for lime disease IS depression...) I really think that some of these women may be suffering from depression but can't get the proper treatment for it (because the fundie treatment is 'Jesus,' who, while a great gay, does not change the way serotonin is used in the brain). From reading over on the Cruella de Jill thread, this Plexus pink drink has an upper in it (one that's illegal in Australia, but I digress...) so she may very well be getting some sort of (very temporary) relief from it.

ETA: Obligatory "not trying to internet diagnosis anyone" because I'm truly not. Lime disease is just considered relatively rare in the greater population but seems to be common in fundie circles. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 10

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Apparently it's the brand name of a camping hammock. I was thinking about how one of daughters over at Treasures from a Shoebox also apparently had lime disease. It seems like a lot of fundie women claim to have it, and it occurred to me that a number of the symptoms for lime disease are the same for major depression. (In fact, upon investigating, one of the symptoms for lime disease IS depression...) I really think that some of these women may be suffering from depression but can't get the proper treatment for it (because the fundie treatment is 'Jesus,' who, while a great gay, does not change the way serotonin is used in the brain). From reading over on the Cruella de Jill thread, this Plexus pink drink has an upper in it (one that's illegal in Australia, but I digress...) so she may very well be getting some sort of (very temporary) relief from it.

ETA: Obligatory "not trying to internet diagnosis anyone" because I'm truly not. Lime disease is just considered relatively rare in the greater population but seems to be common in fundie circles. 

I've wondered about this, too. Kelly Reins also claims to have Lyme disease.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

i know this is just a typo, but you just made thousands of fundie brains explode.........

• Upvote 19

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I've wondered about this, too. Kelly Reins also claims to have Lyme disease.

I think something similar might also be true for Caroline of the Modest Mom blog and adrenal fatigue. Sad story about refusing anxiety medication for anxiety attacks here: http://www.themodestmomblog.com/2011/01/adrenal-fatigue-my-personal-story-part/

She is so grateful to be diagnosed with something seemingly physical instead, because it is "something to work with." :my_sad:

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, catlady said:

i know this is just a typo, but you just made thousands of fundie brains explode.........

Oh man, that was an amazing typo. I'm on the "good stuff" cough syrup while recovering from pneumonia, so I'm not totally there. :shock:

• Upvote 3

Blech! (Thank you Lori Alexander for that wonderful word!) She is really on that Plexus train. Maybe she should join forces with Jill? 

• Upvote 3

Who knew that my health was being negatively impacted by hostile organisms?  Really?  That's the plot of Osmosis Jones, a movie I doubt Olivia's watched.

• Upvote 4

Isn't the most natural way to lose weight, you know, diet and exercise? :shrug:

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Isn't the most natural way to lose weight, you know, diet and exercise? :shrug:

No, God clearly says it's Plexus! Because it's totally been around for over 2000 years... :thumbsup:

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

No, God clearly says it's Plexus! Because it's totally been around for over 2000 years... :thumbsup:

In the beginning God created Plexus. And he saw that it was good, but he needed to shill it to somebody, so he created the Garden of Good and Plexus. Then he created Adam, who denied it. So God created Eve, who was hesitant but tried it and went back to Adam, full of love and wisdom and Plexus Slim. But neither Adam nor Eve paid for it and God was angry because he had sales goals to make, so he expelled them from the Garden. Their primary punishment was to be without Plexus forevermore until he saw the hypocritical holiness of today's modern fundie and gave it back to us. 

Amen, I guess.

• Upvote 22
  • Downvote 1

@princessmahina  APPLAUSE! 

Evangelicals' goals are to spread Plexus to everyone.  God isn't a monster, people who've never heard about Plexus for one reason or another won't be doomed to Hell, but it's really important to tell absolutely everyone you meet about Plexus, so they have the chance to turn to God or burn in their sin forevermore.

• Upvote 2

Interesting that olivia and her husband dressed up for halloween...i thought rejection of halloween was like the one tried and true rule that all fundies shared.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Interesting that olivia and her husband dressed up for halloween...i thought rejection of halloween was like the one tried and true rule that all fundies shared.  

They look good, though. Hopefully this is an indication that any future kids will get a slightly more normal and fun childhood than other fundie kids.

• Upvote 2

On 11/1/2016 at 3:38 PM, picklepizzas said:

Ah but the number 1 rule of fundiedom is everyone does as they like/justify and preach accordingly. So you'd find exceptions to every rule. Because there's no uniform "group". In fact, fundies tend to hate each other and disagree strongly over virtually identical "convictions". That's why marriages are so tough - you won't find a plexus-touting, KJV-reading, linen-wearing, whatever to match your very narrow, over-detailed expectations.

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little surprised at all the dancing to modern/recent-ish music. I would have thought there would be something more old fashioned (Boyer-like, maybe) or very little dancing at all. 

Looks like they did the Macarena too.

OK, I have to admit it. Those photos are nice, and she does look pretty. To me the dress is nice but I'm no expert. And thank God they went for a normal kiss rather than a show-offy dip. 

23 hours ago, NikeKnees said:

I found it interesting that she didn't mention that being their first kiss (unless I missed it).

*Cue Twilight Zone music*

I must have missed that too. Or maybe they actually kissed before they got married. I have to say that I don't see the harm in kissing before the wedding day.

• Upvote 4