IGNORED

The Right’s Stupidity Forces Snopes To Debunk An Article By The Onion

doggie

I saw this pic and of course its s obvious it is fake but there are right wing nuts that believed it. 

Last week, President Obama made a historic trip to Cuba and the right-wing went absolutely insane. Republicans were outraged that our president had the audacity to reestablish a relationship with the country more than fifty years after the Cuban Missile Crisis. After the trip to Cuba, The Onion, a satire website, decided to post a fictional article about his trip home; but, in a hilarious turn of events, paranoid conservatives didn’t get the joke and Snopes actually had to debunk the article.

On March 23, The Onion shared a doctored picture of Air Force One flying low with a bunch of people on its wings and the photo was captioned,”Hundreds Of Cuban Refugees Clinging To Air Force One On Flight Back To U.S.”:

onion1.jpg

on.jpg

oni.jpg

onio.jpg

I guess there really is one (or more) born every minute....LOL!!!

Mother of Mary, how stupid are these people? OK, silly question. :my_confused: This is certainly the Trump constituency......:my_dodgy:

These people drive cars, raise their families, work, and shop amongst us. You never know if the person next to you is one of them, but the likelihood is rapidly increasing. 

Maybe the comments are also satire?

Well, I have to believe SOMETHING rational or I'll get a headache from all the eye rolling I'll be doing.

40 minutes ago, Howl said:

I loves me some Onion!  

Me too!! 

I had to have a long talk with my mom, about the Onion. She would call me, after reading something from there, all in a tizzy. She has FINALLY grasped the Onion concept, though it took a while.

On 3/27/2016 at 2:34 PM, Imagine20 said:

These people drive cars, raise their families, work, and shop amongst us. You never know if the person next to you is one of them, but the likelihood is rapidly increasing. 

Most frightening, they are having and indoctrinating children to believe as they do!

They also had to debunk an Onion article the day before about Seaworld putting the orcas in giant plastic bags while they cleaned the tank...*facepalm*

Fun fact: my tablet auto corrects "orcas" to "orgasm". :GPn0zNK:

And "facepalm" to "carpal", which I don't find nearly as entertaining.

I've never considered going off grid, but the things like this edge me just slightly closer to peacing out on society. 

Archived