IGNORED

Rubio quitting

47of74

Time for another flush of the 2016 GOP Presidential toilet!

FLUSH.jpg.ab81299b2e9e152ec589776fcfeb1f

nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/marco-rubio-ends-presidential-run-n539466

Marco Rubio suspended his presidential run after falling to Donald Trump in his home state of Florida on Tuesday, lamenting a political climate that rewarded anger over optimism.

"While we are on the right side, this year, we are not on the winning side," Rubio told supporters at rally near Miami.

He said the easiest way to win would have been playing to voters fears and anger, but, "That is not what's best for America."

Rubio is projected to finish second in the Sunshine State's Republican primary, well behind Trump. The Florida senator ended his presidential run after winning just three contests: Minnesota, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia.

Well, there goes the last guy that has a good chance of beating either democrat candidate in a general election.

The GOP establishment is probably tearing their hair out right now.

It will be very interesting to see who Rubio endorses now.  Kasich seemed chummy about him and The Donald was polite about him tonight.  I'd have a hard time seeing Rubio supporting Trump or Cruz, so maybe Kasich gets a big boost from him.

Sad.  If he's smart, he'll run for governor of FL and come back in 2024, when he's still 15 years younger than any of the lead nominees currently are.  

I don't understand why the people who have managed to get the most traction are either north of 65 or barely 40. 

Kasich has to be happy, he is still hanging in there. Ted Cruz is reviled I the GOP establishment as well, but not as much as Drumpf.

Cleveland is going to be interesting...

Darn.  The morons in my neighborhood will have to find new signs to stick in their yard.

Man the RNC is going to be a circus.

This Democrat looks forward to watching the circus :evil-laugh:

6 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

Darn.  The morons in my neighborhood will have to find new signs to stick in their yard.

Man the RNC is going to be a circus.

Well, if you look at the other options, you can be glad that your neighbors are Rubio, and not Trump or Cruz fans. I honestly feel sorry for people who have to live next to avid Trump/Cruz stans.

Cliff notes version, but does anyone know why he lost FL? Did he not do a good job? Was it because he was young and inexperienced? (Although, the inexperience is why lots of Trump leghumpers like him.)

Rubio killed it in Miami but nowhere else.  Based on that, I'd say demographics probably played a big part.

I heard Florida voters may have been mad at him for not spending enough time IN Florida campaigning prior to Tuesday's primary because he was campaigning elsewhere.

Part of it is his immigration stance too.  People tend to forget that Florida isn't all Miami/Orlando/Tampa.  There's a lot of racist rednecks in the northern half of the state, especially out in the panhandle, with the exception of parts of Tallahassee where FSU and FAMU are (no offense to anyone living out there, I'm just speaking in general terms)

Anybody else think Cruz is pleading with Rubio to give him his delegates? Lot's of butt [emoji182] to be sure. I had a good laugh when I thought about it, because as Samantha Bee so brilliantly put it not even God wants to talk with Cruz.

19 hours ago, Justme said:

Cliff notes version, but does anyone know why he lost FL? Did he not do a good job? Was it because he was young and inexperienced? (Although, the inexperience is why lots of Trump leghumpers like him.)

Basically, Rubio ran based on the platform of the Tea Party in 2010. He went back on that platform once in office and he has a horrible record of not showing up on the job. 

In a nutshell, the same pissed off at the government people that put Rubio in office basically got him out. 

Here's the Hungry For Power clip from The Late Show With Stephen Colbert:

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone watched Alpha House on Amazon. Mark Consulos plays a Florida senator who reminds me a lot of Rubio.

Archived