IGNORED

In which the Supreme Court tells Alabama to eff off

16strong

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/7/11172846/supreme-court-alabama-gay-lesbian-adoption

After a year of dealing with Alabama's bullshit, the Supreme Court has chosen to give them the big 'ol middle finger.

Case background: A lesbian woman had three kids with her former partner, who birthed all three. She adopted the three kids in Georgia after establishing temporary residency so both her and her partner would have equal custodial rights. When the couple broke up, Alabama refused to acknowledge the adoption. Alabama ruled that Georgia "mistakenly" granted parental rights to the mom who did not birth the children. The Supreme court not only ruled 8-0 in favor of the non-birth mom, but refused to hear oral arguments and even sign their decision. Haha!

damn. when was the last time they ever ruled unanimously like that?

8 hours ago, browncoatslytherin said:

damn. when was the last time they ever ruled unanimously like that?

I'm still trying to figure out who slipped Thomas a SEVERELY loaded cup of tea before the vote! 

Slightly shocked that he had the balls to actually acknowledge that full faith and credit might actually apply, even in the case of Ebil Hommasecktuals critters (all seven of them across the USA). 

I'm more surprised that the outcome was unanimous than the outcome itself. I guess now that Scalia is out of the picture, Thomas has to think for himself.

Archived