IGNORED

Random S'Morton hilarity

PBrooke

Ohhh.. where are those videos? I only see the betrothal ones, it sounds like there are others out there. I could use my comedy relief on this emotional day.

Oh hell, I've been queasy most of the day already because of an oncoming migraine and that just about put me over the edge.

If they actually accomplish what they're saying they're working on - airing that crap on OWN - you can bet I'd never watch OWN again. I'm already not a fan of the network, but will watch things here and there if they interest me. If Oprah goes for this shit, it's all over but the shouting.

* ETA:

Oh, and the Vawser story is part of it! (Mama Ant's daughter who took two days to give birth at home and ended up sick in the hospital).

All these people are the same kind of crazy; I've always thought that. But, the more I find out their connections to each other, the crazier it is. They're building a cult.

Oh hell, I've been queasy most of the day already because of an oncoming migraine and that just about put me over the edge.

If they actually accomplish what they're saying they're working on - airing that crap on OWN - you can bet I'd never watch OWN again. I'm already not a fan of the network, but will watch things here and there if they interest me. If Oprah goes for this shit, it's all over but the shouting.

* ETA:

Oh, and the Vawser story is part of it! (Mama Ant's daughter who took two days to give birth at home and ended up sick in the hospital).

All these people are the same kind of crazy; I've always thought that. But, the more I find out their connections to each other, the crazier it is. They're building a cult.

And they want to drag the rest of us into it. Hopefully they marry among themselves and stay away from the ebil skools and all that, because, frankly, that will lead to their demise. I do worry about Meredith and her husband (whose name eludes me). He wants to be a politician, and someone is going to have to remember the wackiness of these people when that finally happens. I don't want to wake up one day and find out that Mr. Meredith is becoming a senator or President.

And they want to drag the rest of us into it. Hopefully they marry among themselves and stay away from the ebil skools and all that, because, frankly, that will lead to their demise. I do worry about Meredith and her husband (whose name eludes me). He wants to be a politician, and someone is going to have to remember the wackiness of these people when that finally happens. I don't want to wake up one day and find out that Mr. Meredith is becoming a senator or President.

Exactly. And I think that's why the pet fundie stuff bothers me so much. The goal, explicitly stated by groups like VF and the Botkins and others, is to get into political power and "take dominion" over the entire country and the entire world. If it was just about some isolated families doing their own thing, even if I think it's nuts, and the abuse wasn't a part of it - whatever, to each their own. But that's not what it's about - the ultimate goal, not for every single individual but for the movement as a whole - is to get power and then use it against the rest of us. It's dangerous. It's already got some early tentacles in US politics. Look at some of the Republican presidential candidates these days. I can't forget that and I don't want other people forgetting that.

Exactly. And I think that's why the pet fundie stuff bothers me so much. The goal, explicitly stated by groups like VF and the Botkins and others, is to get into political power and "take dominion" over the entire country and the entire world. If it was just about some isolated families doing their own thing, even if I think it's nuts, and the abuse wasn't a part of it - whatever, to each their own. But that's not what it's about - the ultimate goal, not for every single individual but for the movement as a whole - is to get power and then use it against the rest of us. It's dangerous. It's already got some early tentacles in US politics. Look at some of the Republican presidential candidates these days. I can't forget that and I don't want other people forgetting that.

Yep. This is one of the main reasons I'm so glad I found FJ. We serve a public purpose and I'm glad to see that many of our threads on these people are high on teh Google list when doing searches on their names. If we can also make them look ridiculous so much the better. Whoever quoted Mel Brooks is right, to which I'd add something from (I think) de la Rochefoucauld, who once said that most people would rather appear to be evil than look ridiculous.

As for Meredith, sure she's a pet fundie like a number of the others here. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we have to assume she & her husband agree with the shite put out by Meredith's mother (alexanderadventures.com/gpage9.html).

Pet fundie syndrome is a problem. Look what they believe and what they are trying to do. If you are LGBT, a single mum, a woman working outside the home, divorced, of any political belief other than ultraright, in an equal relationship with your partner, use birth control, had an abortion, look unconventional, childfree, on welfare, have ever been on welfare, struggling with addiction, on antidepressants, or "imperfect" in any other way...you are the enemy to them. Why see your sworn enemy as cute? That's not how they regard you.

If you wouldn't have pet fascists, don't have pet fundies. You can applaud and help brave people who step out of a bad lifestyle but that is completely different from "OMG KYOOOT" when a VF or ATI person adds another baby to the ranks of the cult.

If you wouldn't have pet fascists, don't have pet fundies. You can applaud and help brave people who step out of a bad lifestyle but that is completely different from "OMG KYOOOT" when a VF or ATI person adds another baby to the ranks of the cult.

Bingo!

Listening to more of these audio's. Not only are the S'Morton's totally emotionally intertwined but financially as well! Hearing Pa Morton mention that 1/2 of his yearly income was from his son's work (pre-marriage) just blows my mind. It's just so weird.

Well, I rustled up the old link to the birthing video, but it doesn't appear to work. But then I clicked on the link to the betrothal videos in this very thread, and that doesn't work for me either. Am I the only one? Did Capn pull down his site since earlier?

I think Dorothy clings to Noah in an almost creepy way. She is rarely seen without gripping him. Not just touching, but gripping.

In their latest post, there's a photo of D with her head on N's shoulder and the two are turned away from each other, she's just randomly snuggled into him. I am noticing it now that it was pointed out. She's always hanging on him.

Also, the guys are waiting for the food to be served. Because they can't get off their butts to help in the kitchen? Where I come from, the men do the cooking when it comes to BBQ and burgers (pot roasts...not so much my husband's talent)

Archived