IGNORED

People are putting balls of herbs into their vaginas to ‘detox’ their wombs

doggie

People be crazy.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/14/people-are-putting-balls-of-herbs-into-their-vaginas-to-detox-their-wombs-5622949/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Teatoxes were bad enough. Detoxes in general, actually, appear to be total nonsense with little to no evidence of their claimed benefits. But at least chugging herbal tea and the occasional green juice wasn’t doing us too much harm.

That isn’t the case for the new detoxing trend to hit the internet: sticking tiny balls of herbs inside your vagina to ‘detox’ the womb.

Among others, a website called Embrace Pangaea is selling something called Herbal Womb Detox Pearls – little bags of ‘ancient herbs’ that customers are encouraged to insert deep into their vagina for up to three days to ‘cleanse the womb and return it to a balance state.’

The website shows pictures of dramatic results – large pieces of discharge and blood being expelled through the vagina – and promises that the Detox Pearls can heal serious conditions such as yeast infections, endometriosis, fibroids, and bacteria vaginosis.

The seller also suggests that the pearls will detox your vagina and womb ‘spiritually’, describing the womb as ‘a vessel that can hold on to emotional, physical, and spiritual trauma and pain.’

Oh, and the pearls will apparently tighten your vagina – or, as the seller keeps claiming, your womb (which doesn’t seem like the part you’d want to be tightening).

But here’s the thing. It’s not just that the pearls have no scientific evidence to back up the claims, but also that the Herbal Womb Detox Pearls could be incredibly damaging.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/14/people-are-putting-balls-of-herbs-into-their-vaginas-to-detox-their-wombs-5622949/#ixzz3xQVOnfUV

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My womb was taken out years ago.

Forget the herb ball! I'd probably need a Swiffer duster to get rid of the cobwebs in what remains of my girly parts. 

One of the best metaphors I've heard is that the womb and vagina are like self-cleaning ovens.  You don't need to go sticking anything up there for it to detoxify, purify, or clean itself--it just does it on its own.  

yo, you can detox your poonani by wearing breathable underwear, and rinsing the vulva with hot water. also, regular gyno appointments

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

One of the best metaphors I've heard is that the womb and vagina are like self-cleaning ovens.  You don't need to go sticking anything up there for it to detoxify, purify, or clean itself--it just does it on its own.  

Yes exactly! All your bits need is water and a little bit of mild soap (but no soap on the mucus membrane areas).

(what even is a womb? Uterus?)

Eww I ain't sticking anything up my yooha thanks.

its true our vaginas and womb's are self cleaning no need to be sticking anything in there. 

I would say that they are likely so self cleaning that flushing would never allow any vaginal herbs to make it to the "womb", instead they'd just sit and rot in the canal with the woman's body trying really hard to flush them out.

I've heard of bajos or herbal vaginal steams — seems a bit daft but harmless so long as the water isn't too hot.

But shoving stuff up one's vagina and leaving it there for three days? Have they never heard of TSS? The warnings on tampons are pretty to the point. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was scared of dying if I went a second past 8 hours (yay for menstrual cups: you still don't wanna leave them in for too long, but they're much less likely to cause that kind of problem. So far only one menstrual cup use related case has been confirmed, ever.

fp.jpg

While I won't look at those, of course there's an increase in discharge. It's the vagina's only defense against the crazy.

If I saw an "increase in discharge"  I'd be running to a doctor, not thanking a bunch of herbs. 

Seriously who wants to deal with that type of thing?

10 minutes ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Ew, no, no, no! Did anyone ever tell these people not to shove things up their vag for days at a time?

They probably do but it doesn't stop people from trying.  They've found

(You're welcome)

1 hour ago, FrumperSeamstress said:

(what even is a womb? Uterus?)

Mysterious lady parts that sometimes do yucky things so it's better they not be named, like Voldemort.

"The website shows pictures of dramatic results – large pieces of discharge and blood being expelled through the vagina ..."

Probably because they shoved a bunch of herbs up there. If you put something in your vagina and are greeted with "large pieces" of blood and discharge ...

THAT IS A SIGN THAT WHATEVER YOU PUT IN THERE DOES NOT BELONG IN THERE. STOP IT NOW. STOP. IT. 

57 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Oh god, they're not lying about the pictures of discharge. :ew:

MY EYES.

Why did I google that? I will never get that out of my mind. :brainbleach:

So many good comments already on this thread, I can't think of anything to add... :huh:

Archived