IGNORED

Kelly @GC once again making a fool of herself

Effie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Taking food out of the mouths of children? She's really hit a new low, hasn't she?

I thought she hit a low after the tornado when she was posting stuff about how she didn't smell like a homeless person and other things, but I think this recent post is worse.

Is this the chick who borrows money from her 19-yo son?

She needs to get over herself.

Nah, I think that's Kelly Bates. But I think they're cut out of the same cloth. . .

Nah, I think that's Kelly Bates. But I think they're cut out of the same cloth. . .

Agreed. They hate debt, but aren't shy about accepting mass charity from others to fuel the quest to equip God's Army with as many arrows as possible.

And rebuild their houses. If you look at the Bateses' website, they got a buttload of building materials and services for free, or at greatly reduced rates. What's Gil gonna do? Cut down a tree in return? I don't know what Kelly's husband does for a living, but I doubt he could ever repay even a quarter of the monetary/gift the generosity from the people who gave the Crawfords money like they were superstar televangelists begging for cash to stay on the air.

Agreed. They hate debt, but aren't shy about accepting mass charity from others to fuel the quest to equip God's Army with as many arrows as possible.

And rebuild their houses. If you look at the Bateses' website, they got a buttload of building materials and services for free, or at greatly reduced rates. What's Gil gonna do? Cut down a tree in return? I don't know what Kelly's husband does for a living, but I doubt he could ever repay even a quarter of the monetary/gift the generosity from the people who gave the Crawfords money like they were superstar televangelists begging for cash to stay on the air.

The Bateses and Crawfords should meet one day to discuss their methods of getting mass charity, they could give each other tips. Both families are very annoying. At least Kelly B isn't a giant bitch like Kelly C. But Gil is pretty annoying on the Primetime special when he said that he didn't take government assistance because he didn't want to burden others, but yet he and Kelly have taken many donations from people. At least some people who do take government assistance get off it and never get back on it. The Bateses are going to be on the charity of others for the next 18-20 years or more depending on how many more kids Kelly has.

I can't remember what Kelly C.'s husband does, but I kind of remember it was mentioned on her blog or here that he didn't make a lot of money.

lilwriter85, good point in people being on gov't asst for only a short time while Kelly has spent pretty much her life living off the generosity of others. Also, most people who have gotten help from the government have also paid into the system. How charitable has Kelly been towards others? How much money has she donated to good causes or to other people who have fallen on hard times? And after her good fortune in wake of the tornado do any of us think she will pay it forward? Doubtful.

She really is a triflin' bitch. She's the Kate Gosselin of fundies.

lilwriter85, good point in people being on gov't asst for only a short time while Kelly has spent pretty much her life living off the generosity of others. Also, most people who have gotten help from the government have also paid into the system. How charitable has Kelly been towards others? How much money has she donated to good causes or to other people who have fallen on hard times? And after her good fortune in wake of the tornado do any of us think she will pay it forward? Doubtful.

She really is a triflin' bitch. She's the Kate Gosselin of fundies.

I think Kelly C. probably would only be charitable with people in her circles. I doubt she would either donate money or goods to people outside her fundie circles. After the tornado Kelly made some dumb comments and one of them was about she didn't smell like other homeless people or something. With the Bateses, I do wonder if they are generous with other families in the fundie circles, but I get the feeling the only thing might be doing is donating clothes and certain items.

Kelly C. will continue to think she is high and mighty because she has never been on government assistance. When it comes down to it there is nothing special about her not being on government assistance. She has a long history of taking charity and she will likely have more kids which will extend the charity for years to come. I have known several women who were on forms on government assistance because they really needed it for the sake of their children and these women are working full time jobs and paying more into the system and contributing to other things more than bitch Kelly C is.

See, that's why it is SO aggravating. She DID take government assistance when she was single and pregnant with Bria, her first. She seems to think that was A OK though - it's not like she's paying the money back to the system!

She has a long history of living off her parents. She lives on their farm, and her husband works for her father. She's the biggest hypocrite in Fundiedom.

See, that's why it is SO aggravating. She DID take government assistance when she was single and pregnant with Bria, her first. She seems to think that was A OK though - it's not like she's paying the money back to the system!

She has a long history of living off her parents. She lives on their farm, and her husband works for her father. She's the biggest hypocrite in Fundiedom.

Let's not forget she's probably also taking child deductions and child tax credits come tax time. No doubt she gets more out of the system than she pays into it.

And you're right. Kelly does have a history of living off her parents. In the past few months, my parents have helped me out as have some of my friends. But that's because I had fallen in true dire straits, not because I'm a spoiled princess with a huge sense of entitlement. And Kelly has siblings, right? Do her parents help them out or just Kelly?

There's a great program across the US where feeding stations are set up for kids under 18 every day during summer. I sometimes see parents there getting food with the children, and I think a food bank type program travels with it where I live. Its really an amazing program and I don't know how anyone could begrudge a child food, especially while saying they're so good and kind and religious. Uhm, no.

And on a military base, sometimes the decisions about one spouse not working has nothing to do with it being a personal decision, but an issue of the military spouse being transferred around too much for the other one to find a stable job. I see that with my students. (I teach near an AF base.)

I agree. There's also the factor of having small kids and daycare costs - we have daycare on post, but there aren't always enough spots or hours conducive to work. The majority of the spouses I know who work do in-home daycare, which is definitely NOT a job for everyone. (Including me)

Let's not forget she's probably also taking child deductions and child tax credits come tax time. No doubt she gets more out of the system than she pays into it.

And you're right. Kelly does have a history of living off her parents. In the past few months, my parents have helped me out as have some of my friends. But that's because I had fallen in true dire straits, not because I'm a spoiled princess with a huge sense of entitlement. And Kelly has siblings, right? Do her parents help them out or just Kelly?

I also know people that are being helped out by parents because are on hard times. Kelly has a huge sense of entitlement like you said and her entitlement will only continue for years to come. I'm sure Kelly' s parents would help out her siblings in times of need but they probably help Kelly out the most.

One more thing Kelly should just keep her mouth shut. No, she should just keep her mouth shut (and fingers away from the keyboard) on everything. I think the woman needs a blog fast.

And I've always thought....the Constitution (that fundies worship along with the Bible) says we have a right to life, among other things. Wouldn't it follow that we have a right to (affordable) health care to preserve that life? And yeah, have these people never heard of copays??

One more thing Kelly should just keep her mouth shut. No, she should just keep her mouth shut (and fingers away from the keyboard) on everything. I think the woman needs a blog fast.

And I've always thought....the Constitution (that fundies worship along with the Bible) says we have a right to life, among other things. Wouldn't it follow that we have a right to (affordable) health care to preserve that life? And yeah, have these people never heard of copays??

I have noticed that when Kelly or other fundies talk about health care or insurance they never bring up copays. They act like everything gets covered by insurances but it doesn't.

I'm completely flummoxed how Kelly and others reconcile their values with what Jesus taught in the bible. As many people here have pointed out, if Jesus lived today, he would be extolling free health care (replacing lepers with AIDS patients maybe), food programs, housing, clothing and everything else. Even with my limited understanding of his works, I know that it's completely the opposite of some of these fundies' views of "I got mine, screw you!" What happened to Christian compassion? What about the good Samaritan?

I am not Christian (or any faith) but I feel that I should live my life with compassion and tolerance. I could do more, but I have personally fed the homeless, invited them into the warmth, and a couple of weeks ago, called an ambulance for a homeless man collapsed on the side of the road on a cold night. I swear that I'm more Christian than these so called "Christians".

Kelly - don't preach to me about living a Christian life unless you are actually out there doing it.

Kelly - don't preach to me about living a Christian life unless you are actually out there doing it.

This! :clap: :clap: :clap: So true.

I'm completely flummoxed how Kelly and others reconcile their values with what Jesus taught in the bible. As many people here have pointed out, if Jesus lived today, he would be extolling free health care (replacing lepers with AIDS patients maybe), food programs, housing, clothing and everything else. Even with my limited understanding of his works, I know that it's completely the opposite of some of these fundies' views of "I got mine, screw you!" What happened to Christian compassion? What about the good Samaritan?

I am not Christian (or any faith) but I feel that I should live my life with compassion and tolerance. I could do more, but I have personally fed the homeless, invited them into the warmth, and a couple of weeks ago, called an ambulance for a homeless man collapsed on the side of the road on a cold night. I swear that I'm more Christian than these so called "Christians".

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agree 1000%

Kelly: You're doing it wrong! :whistle:

Archived