IGNORED

Duggars on the move

GeoBQn

Sean's latest tweet (7 hours ago) says that they were headed to London. Amy's latest tweet said they had to change planes due to an oil leak. Also, Amy said they filmed on a farm in Ireland and she rode a pig.

Damn, they are moving quickly. Maybe there's nothing to fear about them going to Israel since they'll probably be there for 1.5 days.

This is just insane. They insist upon taking the little ones with them, and then flit all over the place, barely letting anyone have time to catch their breath, let alone get acclimated. Sounds like a nightmare. Those poor kids won't get anything out of this trip at all.

Do they EVER get anything out of their trips? They seem to always just stare blankly out a window on their "field trips" while Michelle gushes about how great the trips are. Other than Johannah attempting to say something in Pennsylvania Dutch, I don't remember ever seeing any of the kids really doing anything with what they learn on the field trip. They might say "That was fun" when the camera man asks if they liked the trip, but that's it. No "I thought it was so interesting when the tour guide said that blah blah!"

Those poor kids won't get anything out of this trip at all.

Um, that's the point!

Oh, I know, but it just pisses me off to no end.

There are so many families who would love an all-expense paid trip to Europe, and would really take advantage of such an awesome opportunity.

Then you have the Duggars who really don't appreciate it at all. I mean, come on, visiting a PIG FARM in Ireland? With all Ireland has to offer, they go to a PIG FARM? And those poor kids still have to look after their younger siblings who are no doubt tired, cranky, and disoriented, while JB and Michelle stroll hand-in-hand, oblivious to their kids' misery.

It just makes me so angry.

If you look at the early documentaries of the Duggars, the kids seem so open and happy and relaxed. They had a predictable life, a schedule. while I may not have agreed with their beliefs, it was all those children knew, and they were happy and functioning.

Now they seem guarded and miserable.

Life on that bus must be hell. Can you imagine the tiny shower, the filthy bathroom (Jackson doesn't look like he'd have good aim at home, let alone on a moving bus), the noise, the piled-up laundry, the tiny bunk that you share with a baby sister? And they are always on the go. The only way I could manage 19 kids (not that I could) would at home, in a routine. I can't imagine handling toddlers and small children while constantly traveling. My kids traveled a lot this summer and they got sick of it after a while. They wre so happy to be home.

And all those small kids on a plane--a nightmare. A total nightmare. My husband and I took a trip years ago to Vancouver, when our daughter was 2. To this day, he says he never really got to see Vancouver, because our small daughter was so demanding, so needy, so pissed to be away from home. . . just like your average two-year old who is off her schedule. And that was two adults with one small child--I can't imagine poor Jill, with a few kids under her care, managing to enjoy anything at all.

Whew. . .glad to get that off my chest. I've been wanting to post about this for a while.

I've done a few of those "9 cities in 4 days" type tours. EXHAUSTING. Can't imagine dragging the howler monkeys and babies thru all that. That's not education--that's driving and lots of it. Not much else.

If I was one of the Fab Four, I'd try to swap clothes with the first girl with long hair I saw and make a break for it!

Oh, I know, but it just pisses me off to no end.

Me too. There's so much work and doublethink required to give these kids a faux-eduacation. It would be less work just to let them learn real facts. Of course, education pretty much guarantees 100% of people woudl break away from the cult, so we can't have that.

Guest Anonymous
I've done a few of those "9 cities in 4 days" type tours. EXHAUSTING. Can't imagine dragging the howler monkeys and babies thru all that. That's not education--that's driving and lots of it. Not much else.

If I was one of the Fab Four, I'd try to swap clothes with the first girl with long hair I saw and make a break for it!

But then some poor Irish, English or Israeli girl will be stuck with Boob and Jchelle.

But then some poor Irish, English or Israeli girl will be stuck with Boob and Jchelle.

An Israeli girl the J'slaves age could handle herself. Compulsory military service for women in Isreal guarantees that. Plus, any woman with that kind of training would be more macho that JB. I'd love to see his fragile masculinity undermined by an entire country of woman warriors. Please Sean, show this!

Oh my word! I wonder where they went/will go in the city? I volunteer in London Monday-Thursday so was there earlier today, little knowing that I was the closest geographically to the Duggars than I probably ever will be! (I probably shouldn't be excited really, but fundies are SO thin on the ground in this country, it just seems like such a novelty that they'd be here...) Just imagine if I'd come across them on the Tube - I'd have been gobsmacked, then rushed straight to FJ as soon as I got home to tell you about it!

Guest Anonymous

An Israeli girl the J'slaves age could handle herself. Compulsory military service for women in Isreal guarantees that. Plus, any woman with that kind of training would be more macho that JB. I'd love to see his fragile masculinity undermined by an entire country of woman warriors. Please Sean, show this!

Maybe Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy can ALL change places with long-haired sabras. It would be worth it, just to see the bottles of whoop-ass those girls would uncork on Boob and Jchelle.

Sean's latest tweet (7 hours ago) says that they were headed to London. Amy's latest tweet said they had to change planes due to an oil leak. Also, Amy said they filmed on a farm in Ireland and she rode a pig.

Damn, they are moving quickly. Maybe there's nothing to fear about them going to Israel since they'll probably be there for 1.5 days.

Oh I thought England had got away with it. Well at least they are in the south rather than near me. I feel really sorry for Scotland though.

Can you imagine being on the same flight at that lot?

*shudders*

My cousin did one of those types of trips in Europe and he hated it. He said it was too exhausting and you can't do anything at the right pace. With the Duggars and this trip, I feel mostly sorry for the J'Slaves.

Now that TLC doesn't have to pay to schlep Kate and all the Gosselin kids around, they are probably going to be sending the Duggars on crazy trips. Saw interview with Kate where she basically said that "we can't afford the kind of trips we went on for the show." K+8 cheaper to send around the world but Duggars are apparently still relevant...

Now that TLC doesn't have to pay to schlep Kate and all the Gosselin kids around, they are probably going to be sending the Duggars on crazy trips. Saw interview with Kate where she basically said that "we can't afford the kind of trips we went on for the show." K+8 cheaper to send around the world but Duggars are apparently still relevant...

TLC will be ditching the Duggars in a year or two. I think Kate and her family are more popular than the Duggars. TLC will eventually tire of having 21+ on trips. TLC spent a lot less money sending the Gosselins and Roloffs on trips. I bet Jeremy Roloff's friend Muller was probably sad when TLC axed the family because he went on a couple of vacations with the Roloffs.

TLC is premiering a show soon about Muslim family, maybe if they show is a hit they will have another family to send on trips and I can see the Duggar fans getting their asses chapped because their beloved Christian family will have to be on same network and resources. I think TLC's current plan is to send the Duggar on a couple of big trips before they axe the show.

TLC is premiering a show soon about Muslim family

TLC is showcasing a family that isn't Christian? I can already envision the piles of angry letters.

TLC is showcasing a family that isn't Christian? I can already envision the piles of angry letters.

I also envision piles of letter and i know a lot of the letters will be from Duggar lovers. One of my friend's stepmom is a huge Duggar lover and she loathes anything or anyone that has to do with Islam. She drove around with a bumper sticker that said "No to the Ground Zero mosque". I can totally see her emailing or writing letters. I have Muslim friends who are sort of excited about this show, but at the same time they aren't because they know hate will come from it.

I kind of get excited because the Duggars might end up having less TLC resources because of this show. I think TLC will kick themselves years from now for giving the Duggars too much money and other goodies. The Duggars have never been huge when it comes to DVD sales. The Duggars are probably the least lucrative reality show family. The Kardashians make a lot more money for E! and themselves than the Duggars do for TLC.

I just can't wait til they meet Israeli Customs @ Ben Gurion. Have fun ladies & gents! I was grilled endlessly there, and had all my bags searched individually in front of a female customs officer. I think they'll have trouble with the questions they'll likely be posed. No doubt Israeli customs will want to know about any missionary work they are doing. They'll likely want to where they are travelling to, where they are staying, phone #s of places they are staying (they asked this of me & i'm just a plain ol tourist).

Definitely, some eye brows will be raised when they hit the airport.

BTW - can't wait to see Boob's face the first time an Israeli army chicita tells him sternly what to do & where to go. :D

Edited b/c I forgot an important word....carry on.....

Israeli borders can be tough. My son-in-law, while serving after 9-11 as part of the forces guarding the Egyptian-Israeli border, I believe it was under UN leadership, had a gun put to his head when he was crossing the Israeli border. If that is done to those who are protecting Israel, I don't know what will happen to the Duggars.

Archived