IGNORED

Christian Homeschooling Parents Abused, Starved And Imprisoned Child Because God

doggie

Always the adopted child.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/11/12/christian-homeschooling-parents-abused-starved-and-imprisoned-child-because-god-video/

On Tuesday, the adopted daughter of a Butler County, Georgia couple testified about the horrific abuse she endured during the six years she spent in the custody of Diana and Samuel Franklin.

The victim, whose name has not been released to the press, was adopted by the couple at the age of nine. She did not attend public school, but was ‘homeschooled’ by the couple, under the state of Georgia’s very lax homeschooling laws.

WTVM reports:

According to a neighbor, who spoke with the press shortly after the girl was removed from the Franklins’ custody, the couple withheld food from their adopted daughter based on their interpretation of 2 Thessalonians 3:10, which says in part, “If a man will not work, he shall not eat.”

According to WTVM:

The thing which sickens me most isn't the parents (I've heard enough of that that I'm sadly used to it), but the neighbours who spoke to the media talking about the horrible things they saw the child go through.

Well if you saw a kid going through that, WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU CALL CPS?

(Please excuse my swearing and shouting - the adoptive parents are abominable, but anyone who saw that and didn't call CPS or the police has to bear some responsibility for the fact that that little girl,s hell went on for as long as it did.  They couldn't prevent the hell, but they had the power to stop it sooner.)

Fuck all of those neighbors. They just listed three separate ones who commented that they knew. I'm sure others knew. The adult sons knew. They're all guilty. 

Just one more reason organized  religion is dangerous to all of mankind.  I will never be able to wrap my head around the mental gymnastics involved in thinking this is ok.  The neighbors disgust me.  That poor child. This disjointed post is due to my head having slightly exploded. 

Just one more reason organized  religion is dangerous to all of mankind.  I will never be able to wrap my head around the mental gymnastics involved in thinking this is ok.  The neighbors disgust me.  That poor child. This disjointed post is due to my head having slightly exploded. 

Because Desmond Tutu has committed SO many crimes against humanity. Do we really believe these people would be decent people without religion? Horrible people do horrible things, and may use religion as an excuse, but don't be fooled. They'd still be horrible people without religion.

Fuck all of those neighbors. They just listed three separate ones who commented that they knew. I'm sure others knew. The adult sons knew. They're all guilty. 

That good ol' Kitty Genovese Syndrome. And even THAT is giving them some benefit of the doubt. Those parents are fucking despicable, and so are their neighbors.

Because if you start breaking them as babies, it takes less force to do it.  You bring a random kid in, then they need to be broken and it will be harder to do then with a baby, plus the a seven year old not being instantly obedient and getting it, is seen differently to a two year old (provided that you make sure everyone knows that you're working on the two year old).

Plus its easier to systemically torture if the kids not yours.

Plus - I'm not sure in this case but certainly in other cases (Hana Williams for example), race

all of this is :devilish: though:crying-yellow:

That poor child. I really hope she can grow into a functional adult and that she is receiving lots of help and love now. I am so shocked at all the bystanders. Unbelievable. 

I know a Fundie-light woman with four or five kids adopted from overseas, in addition to three or four bio kids. She's a miserable harpy to those kids when no one she wants to impress is around. I've never seen anything remotely physical, but it makes me wonder what goes on behind closed doors.

While i never thought adopted kid when seeing the title, I think it happens to adopted kids more in these families because of what imokit said. It is one reason I hope the DUggars never adopt, because odds are they won't be babies to blanket train. Sorry to think that way but I get irate at these stories and hope the parents get just punishment.. SO many people want kids and would be glad to care for them properly yet thee monsters end up with them.

While i never thought adopted kid when seeing the title, I think it happens to adopted kids more in these families because of what imokit said. It is one reason I hope the DUggars never adopt, because odds are they won't be babies to blanket train. Sorry to think that way but I get irate at these stories and hope the parents get just punishment.. SO many people want kids and would be glad to care for them properly yet thee monsters end up with them.

Because if you start breaking them as babies, it takes less force to do it.  You bring a random kid in, then they need to be broken and it will be harder to do then with a baby, plus the a seven year old not being instantly obedient and getting it, is seen differently to a two year old (provided that you make sure everyone knows that you're working on the two year old).

Plus its easier to systemically torture if the kids not yours.

Plus - I'm not sure in this case but certainly in other cases (Hana Williams for example), race

all of this is :devilish: though:crying-yellow:

Yeah, you're probably right. Also, a lot of older adoptees have special needs, but these fundies seem to think they can pray it away or beat it out of them. (I'm thinking of the Wilkerson family from Rebecca K's blog, who adopted and abused that little girl with fetal alcohol syndrome.)

Yeah, you're probably right. Also, a lot of older adoptees have special needs, but these fundies seem to think they can pray it away or beat it out of them. (I'm thinking of the Wilkerson family from Rebecca K's blog, who adopted and abused that little girl with fetal alcohol syndrome.)

This is why I always think "please don't have autism/ADHD/ODD/any other cognitive disability or disorder" with fundie kids, because while there's nothing wrong with having any of those disorders, I am genuinely afraid that those kids would be at risk for some truly horrific abuse because of fundie parents who think that the symptoms are just "willfulness" or disobedience that can be beaten or prayed away. And you know that severely disabled kids (or even mildly disabled kids) won't get any of the services they need via SOTDRT.

I think when fundies hear "special needs", they think that they'll get a docile "yay go us we/your biological mom didn't abort you" mascot who smiles beatifically and doesn't make trouble, instead of a human being with genuine challenges that need to be addressed and remedied/mitigated by trained professionals and a loving, supportive family.

I think that all adoptions should require quarterly follow up in the home for at least a couple of years after the adoption.  It breaks my heart to read about the abuse this girl endured.  

I think that all adoptions should require quarterly follow up in the home for at least a couple of years after the adoption.  It breaks my heart to read about the abuse this girl endured.  

I completely agree, but most Social Services, Child Protection Agencies, etc, are grossly underfunded and understaffed. The resources just aren't there for this.

I completely agree, but most Social Services, Child Protection Agencies, etc, are grossly underfunded and understaffed. The resources just aren't there for this.

We had a custody of a teenager for a little while (she is now 20 something)  and she was adopted and abused by her adopted mom and her bio son. The "mom" adopted 9 kids from 3 different families- I think. The bio son married one of the adoptive daughters. The girl we had for a little while has only some memories of everything. She has so many triggers the therapist we sent her too didn't know if they would ever uncover all of the triggers. The family had CPS called on them often but nothing could be found to take the kids away from adoptive mom. Another crappy thing is the adoption subsidy the "mom" got was still going to the "mom" while we had custody of the girl and another family had custody of one of the boys. It was like clock work with this "mom" I don't think any of the kids lived at the house when they turned 18 (besides the one that married the bio son). All were kicked out sometime between 16-17.

Underfunded and understaffed is right and the kids suffer.

And this is true in many countries. My brother was a child care social worker for over 35 years, with responsibility,as he was promoted, of supervising social workers checking on at risk kids still in the parental home. I remember him telling me once that at the time the recommended case load was 30 - 50  per social worker - all of those he supervised were carrying caseloads of 150+. He was supposed to be supervisory, but carried a caseload himself, and got his admin done early morning and late at night - it was the only way he could cope. He came very close to burnout, and eventually took early retirement. I have so much respect for those who do this job, where they are regularly excoriated - if they take a child into care, they are interfering; if they don't, and something happens, they are neglectful and incompetent.

Sorry for the rant - I think social workers are the most underappreciated and underpaid workers in the public sector in most western societies.

god has spoken he did not approve of what she did.

Christian Homeschool Mom Guilty Of Starving, Imprisoning, And Beating Daughter

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/11/24/christian-homeschool-mom-guilty-of-starving-imprisoning-and-beating-daughter-for-jesus-video/

A Georgia homeschool mom was found guilty this week on 28 counts related to the horrific abuse she inflicted upon her foster daughter in Jesus’ name. Diana Franklin locked her mostly-naked daughter in a chicken coop, sometimes for days at a time with only bread and water to eat and drink, but now Franklin will be the one behind bars — unfortunately, with much better food.

After only slightly more than an hour’s deliberation, a jury found Franklin guilty of 19 counts of first-degree cruelty to children and eight counts of false imprisonment, as well as a charge of aggravated assault. Earlier this month, the teen told a jury that her mother would starve her, punish her with a shock collar, and lock her in a chicken coop — all punishments that Franklin felt were justified by the Bible. In addition, she was forced to write verses from the Bible as punishment, subjected to punitive haircuts, confined in a hot shed with no air conditioning, and other horrific tortures.

The girl, adopted at the age of nine, recalled one time that, often deprived even of clothing, she threatened to kill herself to escape the torment inflicted by her mother. Franklin pulled out her trusty firearm, pointed it at the girl’s head, and told her “I’ll do it for you.”

“I couldn’t wear anything,” the girl, now 18, testified. “I told her I was going to kill myself.” The Ledger-Enquirer reported earlier this month:

Archived