IGNORED

I found the perfect fundie house.

FundieWatcher

This is the perfect fundie house. 46 bedrooms. In Texas. They could go into together and fit like 15 families with 10 kids each in here. Each family would get 1 room for parents, 1 boy room & 1 girl room. The extra room could be for the servants nanny mother's helpers. They have plenty land for when there RV friends visit need a place to park permanently. Although there are 23 bathrooms. I'm not sure how to divide that up.

http://kron4.com/2015/05/19/46-bed-26-b ... -in-texas/

post-9940-14452000909039_thumb.jpg

That would be an INSANE social experiment. Place fifteen fundie families together in one house... and wait for the sparks to fly.

The style of the house, couple with the crazy number of bedrooms, makes me think it must be connected to the FLDS in some way. If you look at some of the buildings they have built in their compounds, they have a similar boring look. Anyone familiar with this part of Texas and if the FLDS/Jeffs have built compounds there?

Complete with an indoor pool for baptism.

I thought the price tag seemed a little low but I guess it's unfinished ... project for Duggar Construction.

That would be an INSANE social experiment. Place fifteen fundie families together in one house... and wait for the sparks to fly.

Now THAT'S a reality show I'd watch. Get on it, TLC.

That would be way more entertaining than the Jill and Jessa show :lol:

Now THAT'S a reality show I'd watch. Get on it, TLC.

That would be way more entertaining than the Jill and Jessa show :lol:

Though I shudder to think about all of the depravity that would occur in such a situation. Gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. :shock:

The style of the house, couple with the crazy number of bedrooms, makes me think it must be connected to the FLDS in some way. If you look at some of the buildings they have built in their compounds, they have a similar boring look. Anyone familiar with this part of Texas and if the FLDS/Jeffs have built compounds there?

It is 400 miles and change between Manvel (close to Houston) and Eldorado where the FLDS built their Yearning for Zion compound in West Texas. FLDS looks for remote areas to build.

The house is a foreclosure -- no surprise there. Being a doctor does not rule out being crazy.

Though I shudder to think about all of the depravity that would occur in such a situation. Gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. :shock:

That's true. It would probably be better if it was just the corrupt Fundie adults and not their poor children.

There is so much good that could be done with this. I'm thinking home for underage sex trafficking victims. They could receive residential therapy, career training, lifeskills, etc.. from here. Or maybe a home for veterans with PTSD who aren't employable and need treatment.

Now, if Jill could grift THAT house...

Now, if Jill could grift THAT house...

To clarify, I believe GAFRV means Jill Rodrigues, not Jill Dillard.

And, yes, if JRod got this house I might weep for the injustice of it all (especially the part where Nurie has so many rooms to clean, all while keeping a sweet, precious spirit.)

ETA: Just saw the pictures of the house. Poor Nurie and the other kids will have to build it before Nurie cleans it. And, yet, that sweet, helpful spirit would keep on for the eldest daughter...

I drive by it on my way to work in Brenham. It huge in person.

Any rumors about who was building it and why?

Well, CRAP! Now I have to move to Alaska since y'all have found my house! :lol:

When my hubby comes home I will have to break the news to him "Honey, the feminists have found us."

Great find on the "why", FundieWatcher. I'd seen this property before and wondered that exact question. Hopefully it goes to someone who really needs it.

There is so much good that could be done with this. I'm thinking home for underage sex trafficking victims. They could receive residential therapy, career training, lifeskills, etc.. from here. Or maybe a home for veterans with PTSD who aren't employable and need treatment.

I will plug just such a program, also in the Houston area. They have a beautiful campus; no creepy mansions, though.

arrow.org/services-programs/residential-services/freedom-place/

There are actually two giant weird mansions right next to each other. Pretty sure they're still just hanging out, waiting for someone to use them, and they go on and off the market from time to time.

Some links (not broken cos news):

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/inside ... on-6714481

http://swamplot.com/neighborhood-guessi ... 008-08-07/

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif ... -mansions/

http://swamplot.com/pearland-mansion-my ... 009-08-19/

Now that I think about, this house is too visible to hide victims of any kind. I imagine many places that help victims of sex trafficking, runways or domestic violence like to stay off the radar for security reasons. But there are still countless of people that need help and a place to stay. I don't think is much hope of selling it to a family, that is just way too much of everything.

Each family would get 1 room for parents, 1 boy room & 1 girl room. The extra room could be for the servants nanny mother's helpers.

Nah, the daughters probably would be the mother's helpers!

I'd love the Sister Wives buffoons to end up in one of these giant places. Everyone can stop bitching about Meri getting the same kind of house as the more "deserving" wives. Wet bars won't matter. There's enough room for everyone to have a bedroom, and office, a scrap room, a gift wrapping center and whatever the hell they want.

Equip that thing with cameras and a stockpile of food and see which wife comes out alive!

This would make the perfect FJ clubhouse. We could fill that indoor pool with wine.

Maybe we can start a Dillard-esque fund-raising drive to buy it.

Archived