IGNORED

Tenn. county begging god to spare them his wrath

doggie

this is so crazy it is had to believe.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/tenn-co ... -marriage/

On Monday, the Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God to spare their region from “His coming wrath†because the “lawless judiciary†of the U.S. is forcing them recognize same-sex marriages.

The proposal has been put forth by Commissioner Karen Miller and is listed on the docket as “Resolution condemning judicial tyranny and petitioning God’s mercy. (Resolution 15-10-006)â€

The resolution begins: “Whereas, the Governor, Attorney General, and ALL WE Blount County Legislators have sworn an oath consistent with the moral Law of God (“So Help Me Godâ€) to uphold the Constitution of Tennessee and the Constitution of the United States; and Whereas, the fulfillment of this oath, in the American tradition, may not be read to contradict the written Constitution, Justice, Reason and higher Natural Law…†before turning to Commissioner Miller’s grievances.

“Federal judges have once again usurped powers not delegated to them, and have violated Reason, the Rule of Law and Natural Law by purporting to strike down State laws and acts of the People recognizing and protecting Natural Marriage,†it states by way of explaining that Miller believes the Supreme Court overstepped its bounds by legalizing same-sex marriage.

Miller’s resolution calls upon “all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature,†to join the commission in saving “natural marriage,†and defending “the the Moral Standards of Tennessee.â€

Fearing that may be too little too late, the passed resolution would also beseech God to not destroy Blount County — like He did Sodom and Gomorrah — for the sins of America.

“WE adopt this Resolution before God that He pass us by in His Coming Wrath and not destroy our County as He did Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring cities. As the Passover Lamb was a means of salvation to the ancient Children of Israel, so we stand upon the safety of the Lamb of God to save us, †the resolution reads. “WE adopt this Resolution begging His favor in light of the fact that we have been forced to comply and recognize that the State of Tennessee, like so many other God-fearing States, MAY have fallen prey to a lawless judiciary in legalizing what God and the Bible expressly forbids.â€

Presumably God will hold off His wrath until the resolution can be considered as it is listed as seventh on the docket — right after the board takes up compensation levels for Blount County School Board Members.

Presumably God will hold off His wrath until the resolution can be considered as it is listed as seventh on the docket — right after the board takes up compensation levels for Blount County School Board Members.

:D

I guess Commissioner Miller doesn't buy into all that separation of church and state crap.

Fearing that may be too little too late, the passed resolution would also beseech God to not destroy Blount County — like He did Sodom and Gomorrah — for the sins of America.

:laughing-rolling:

Seriously, though, these people are nuts.

What does God withholding his wrath even look like? Would they recognise it if they saw it?

Perpetual sunshine, no gays, no abortion, no Catholics, Jews, or Muslims,and most likely no people of color......

This country is going to hell in a handbasket. Or people are crazy. Or brainwashed into believing this dumbassery. Or all of the above. In the words of Jack Sparrow, "I wash my hands of this nonsense!"

What does God withholding his wrath even look like? Would they recognise it if they saw it?

Bad things happen to other people and not them.

Of course, if bad things happen to them, it's just God testing their faith, so maybe not?

If God is angry, people get boils or turn into salt pillars, firstborn children die, water turns into blood, the lifestock becomes diseased, there are swarms of frogs, locusts, lice, wild animals, storms with fire and hail, perpetual darkness and constant rain and flooding,

If none of this happens, the prayers worked and God withheld his wrath.

Maybe god has not spared his wrath! I mean, are we so sure he doesn't parcel his wrath out in little bits here and there, as necessary? Maybe, in his wrath, he has turned some of these people into ignorant bigots.

I was starting to think this was standard operating procedure. In KS, our Governor puts out proclamations relatively often about God... here is an oldie but an goodie from a Traveling ministry reigndownusa.com that he sponsored and had to move off state property when someone complained.

Proclamation of Governor Sam Brownback

November 20, 2012

TO THE PEOPLE OF KANSAS, GREETINGS:

WHEREAS, the State of Kansas will host the national simulcast of REIGNDOWN USA in Topeka on December 8, 2012, bringing thousands here from across the country; and

WHEREAS, people from across America will join the millions from around the world on TV simulcast live from MacLennan Park, in the heart of America; and

WHEREAS, the first REIGNDOWN celebration was held 2008 in Washington DC, on the Capitol Grounds, introduced by proclamation of the President of the United States of America, with millions participating on site, on TV, and by computer; and

WHEREAS, regional REIGNDOWN events continued until the need was seen for the gathering to be held in the heart of our Nation; and

WHEREAS, many of our families have slid into poverty, endangering out next generation of citizens, our lands are parched by drought, our quality jobs are scarce, business and industry are struggling to expand, and many of our people have fallen into despair; and

WHEREAS, our Nation’s greatest leaders have called on a merciful God for favor during troubled times, such as:

“We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God.†– Abraham Lincoln, 1863.

“The propitious [favorable] smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.†– George Washington, 1789.

“I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.†– Thomas Jefferson, 1787; and

WHEREAS, we collectively repent of distancing ourselves from God and ask for His mercy on us:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Sam Brownback, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF KANSAS, do hereby proclaim December 8th 2012, as a

Day of Restoration

in Kansas and ask every citizen of our state to join in asking a Holy God to bring healing and restoration – help in mending broken lives, bringing peace to our families, our communities, and this land.

DONE: At the Capitol in Topeka

under the Great Seal of the

State this 23rd day of

November, A.D. 2012

BY THE GOVERNOR: Samuel Brownback

- See more at: http://afa-ksmo.net/an-invitation-from- ... 4YD1o.dpuf

And yet, he was re-elected... more or less barely, but still.

:?

WHEREAS, our Nation’s greatest leaders have called on a merciful God for favor during troubled times, such as:

So, if a former president or four was religious or used religious rhetoric to make a point, it proves God.

So, if a former president or four was religious or used religious rhetoric to make a point, it proves God.

Of course. And the woman who profits from runs Reigndown had a vision... A VISION... so we know it is from God.

I've been to Blount County-- if God smited it, I'm not sure I could tell.

I am seriously confused. I thought I understood the separation of church and state in the USA (I am not American) but this seems to utterly ignore any such separation, and use elected office to promote a religious stance. Why isn't he being called out by constitutionalists? Or salaried legal professionals in the employ of the state? I do not understand why he can promulgate his religious beliefs through his elected office. I am not trying to be contentious here, I am truly bemused. Can someone enlighten me?

Didn't he ask himself why then they didn't put God and his law in the Constitution?

I am seriously confused. I thought I understood the separation of church and state in the USA (I am not American) but this seems to utterly ignore any such separation, and use elected office to promote a religious stance. Why isn't he being called out by constitutionalists? Or salaried legal professionals in the employ of the state? I do not understand why he can promulgate his religious beliefs through his elected office. I am not trying to be contentious here, I am truly bemused. Can someone enlighten me?

I live in Kansas and am bemused by it.

It was not always like this. It is not just a joke that they call some of the fundies "the Christian Taliban".

WE adopt this Resolution begging His favor in light of the fact that we have been forced to comply and recognize that the State of Tennessee, like so many other God-fearing States, MAY have fallen prey to a lawless judiciary in legalizing what God and the Bible expressly forbids.â€

Do you think God accepts, "they made us do it" as a valid excuse?

There were plenty of people in the Bible who got their reputation by getting martyred and tortured by people who wanted to make them do something God didn't want them to.

Do you think God accepts, "they made us do it" as a valid excuse?

I remember a tee shirt I had as a kid the debil made me do it.

If this happened in the UK, we would laugh our socks off, and then put the proposer of the motion forward for psychiatric assessment.....

The irony is, we do not have separation of church and state, but rather an institutionalised state religion - the Church of England. But any vicar/pastor/priest/random religious zealot trying to put religious belief into the political administration - absolutely no way ever! I do not understand the US!

the resolution reads. “WE adopt this Resolution begging His favor in light of the fact that we have been forced to comply and recognize that the State of Tennessee, like so many other God-fearing States, MAY have fallen prey to a lawless judiciary in legalizing what God and the Bible expressly forbids.â€

I forget, exactly where in the Bible does it expressly forbid same-sex marriage?

Archived