IGNORED

The View (oh, no they didn't)

Snarkylark

They just pissed off almost 3 million nurses when trying to snark on Miss Colorado's monologue about being a nurse.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzHl1yyElc

I never watched The View because it always gave me the impression of being frivolous and shallow. This clip just proved my suspicions. Bitches. Ok, maybe that's harsh, but they really bothered me with this.

And since when is a stethoscope solely the domain of doctors? Does Joy Behar not see medical professionals? Mr. CatLady is a former phlebotomist and used one.

Jesus, christ.

Why can't they just make fun of the girl, I believe Miss Mississippi, who played violin horribly?

I've never watched "The View." To me it was one of those shows that's left on an unattended TV in a hospital waiting area, at the oil change place, at the DMV.

This is yet another case of "If she kept her mouth shut, no one would have to know she is both stupid and mean." Behar, I hope to hell that when you inevitably need medical care you check in under a fictitious name and wear a great disguise. Not that the nurse would ever treat you much differently, but ya know there would be considerably less hand stroking.

I have a multitude of potentially serious health issues, my best care comes from the wonderful nurses I see on a regular basis.

I've never watched "The View." To me it was one of those shows that's left on an unattended TV in a hospital waiting area, at the oil change place, at the DMV.

Exactly!! Our local news station decided to do their own show like this and called it "Suncoast View". I watched it for a while as nothing else was on at the time and it's 10 times worse due to the fact that the hosts are 10 times stupider than the original show. It only took me a few weeks to realize that it's basically an hour long advertisement for local businesses to promote their restaurants and other small businesses (which is good) they really only ramble about popular topics for 25% of the time.

Johnson & Johnson is pulling advertising from the View in response to the scandal:

https://www.facebook.com/jnj/posts/10153040331195951:0

J&J has run commercials during National Nursing weeks and I think also to promote men in nursing.

I appreciate their decision to do this, as clearly The View women are still clueless as to how stoooopid their comments were. Maybe money will speak where infuriated practitioners haven't been heard.

(And I watched their comments - I didn't "misunderstand.")

The View co-hosts should stop. Say, "We were wrong." Full stop - no hair splitting or equivocation.

And really, the "doctor's stethoscope" is so funny... how often is it that the doctor asks to borrow the nurse's stethoscope? Answer: A LOT.

Sounds to me like a non scary way of saying I need to get the dr in here to see you right away if your having trouble breathing. But I guess that's just me having had medical training and knowing it's better not to get people worked up while your trying to work with then.

And really, the "doctor's stethoscope" is so funny... how often is it that the doctor asks to borrow the nurse's stethoscope? Answer: A LOT.

Yes, exactly!

They had a segment today where Joy Behar apologized and they had some nurses from NYU Medical Center talking about their profession.

Don't think it's the end of The View.

They had a segment today where Joy Behar apologized and they had some nurses from NYU Medical Center talking about their profession.

Don't think it's the end of The View.

Well it does seem kind of silly for the show to end over that. It was stupid, but no one had an Ashley Madison account or anything.

I haven't watched The View since Lisa Ling was on there. I never liked Hasselbeck.

This pissed both my family and my husband's family. There are a lot of nurses, EMTs, and other medical professionals in both of our families. Fuck them!

Archived