IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 6

happy atheist

My mother passed while she was in the process of getting a degree with student loans. My dad didn't have to pay her student loan debt after she passed.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But then does family have to pay it off after you die?

I'm also pretty sure you have to continue pay off college loans even if you declare bankruptcy and/or die.

It depends on the type of student loan.

- US Government Guaranteed Student Loans are forgiven in the case of death, but not bankruptcy. You can not declare bankruptcy for money you owe the government - taxes, student loans, etc. Government guaranteed student loan repayment can also be deferred due to unemployment, military service, and a variety of other reasons.

- Private student loans almost always have a cosigner or guarantor and are not forgiven in death or bankruptcy. (These are the loans that you hear parents/survivors complain about being required to repay - even thoug they signed the loan papers acknowledging that they agreed to be responsible for the debt.) They are also a larger loan amount, higher interest rate, and generally not a good deal.

But then does family have to pay it off after you die?

I'm also pretty sure you have to continue pay off college loans even if you declare bankruptcy and/or die.

Bankruptcy doesn't discharge all debt,including college loans, and often medical debt.

After you die your estate must pay your debts, so everything you own will be sold for it, if its not enough nothing more can be done (unless your relatives are also on the debt or in some way assumed the debt)

My c-section was close to $20,000. That's not what I paid though, thankfully.

As for a CNM attending a home birth...it's a felony in my state.

What state is this??

mana.org

I found the above site very helpful. It would seem that Certified Professional Midwives are the lowest standard (we'd already figured that out) also referred to as direct entry midwives and there is not licensing available at this level in many states (there's a state by state guide on the site).There is licensing available for direct entry in Arkansas.

Other states only allow for CNM (the much higher standards as it has included Nursing/hospital training)).

Jill and Jessa TLC specials coming!

bigstory.ap.org/article/83e5c6786a9f41709650813486333211/tlc-specials-focus-duggar-daughters-jill-and-jessa

Jill and Jessa TLC specials coming!

bigstory.ap.org/article/83e5c6786a9f41709650813486333211/tlc-specials-focus-duggar-daughters-jill-and-jessa

So after begging people for money, taking multiple flights back and forth wasting the money, Jill decided to come back for a month to be on TV... I have a hard time believing they feel truly called to the ministry if this is how they are going to act...

So after begging people for money, taking multiple flights back and forth wasting the money, Jill decided to come back for a month to be on TV... I have a hard time believing they feel truly called to the ministry if this is how they are going to act...

Part of me is surprised that Jill and Jessa are still willing to do TLC specials, considering all the misery/condemnation that celebrity has brought them and the network's reaction to the Josh scandals. It really is all about the money for them. :naughty:

It really is all about the money for them. :naughty:

BINGO... Money, money, money... keeps them from having to actually work.

Which for people who are suppose to be missionaries is really disappointing that they are not putting their missions first...

The specials may explain why they've spent so much time back home. Meetings to negotiate and sign contracts,and the talking head studio session recording.

Also if TLC paid for the flights, that would also explain why they haven't responded to the charges they've miss-used the mission donations for travel - couldn't say anything about filming until TLC announced.

Part of me is surprised that Jill and Jessa are still willing to do TLC specials, considering all the misery/condemnation that celebrity has brought them and the network's reaction to the Josh scandals. It really is all about the money for them. :naughty:

It is all about the money despite the drawbacks of fame as they have experienced recently. They don't know any other way.

I'm not surprised at all. They're addicted to being exploited by TLC. It's interesting that the Duggars probably think that they're using TLC to broadcast their message, while TLC is using them for the ratings/money. It's a creepy enabling clusterf*ck. Initially Jill-n-Jessa had no choice but to be exploited by their fame whore Dad, by being on TLC specials. It's become a big part of their shallow lives. Now that they're adults they have made the choice to do specials. JB may be nudging them-yes. BUT I think they crave this attention and have made a choice. My problem is still with the exploitation of the littluns, who have no say. I don't think Jill-n-Jess can carry a show, even with labor footage and location shots from Central America. They will have to supplement with their other siblings. Leghumpers will demand this. Perhaps this is JB's master plan.....baby steps back to FAME and GLORY....

I'm sure they've prayed about it.

I'm not surprised at all. They're addicted to being exploited by TLC. It's interesting that the Duggars probably think that they're using TLC to broadcast their message, while TLC is using them for the ratings/money.

This is a way of life for them. For them the cameras, ministering, book signings, travel, media attention is what they know. I'm not surprised at all. They signed up for more of what they know. They want that lovin' feeling back - that experience and fame that they've enjoyed since childhood. This was/is the life & financial plan, naturally they're happy to get their real jobs back.

And perhaps begged... I just wonder how much of this is TLC really wanting them back and the Duggars begging for a return? They did make TLC some serious cash. As someone said in a different thread - what advertisers are sponsoring these specials??

And perhaps begged... I just wonder how much of this is TLC really wanting them back and the Duggars begging for a return? They did make TLC some serious cash. As someone said in a different thread - what advertisers are sponsoring these specials??

I feel like the feelings are mutual here. If TLC didn't want them back they wouldn't be here. If they were doing it as a way of pleasing people it would be barely promoted like the sex abuse documentary they forced the Duggars to be a part of.

The specials may explain why they've spent so much time back home. Meetings to negotiate and sign contracts,and the talking head studio session recording.

Also if TLC paid for the flights, that would also explain why they haven't responded to the charges they've miss-used the mission donations for travel - couldn't say anything about filming until TLC announced.

I'm cynical enough to think that the specials may explain why they're in the mission in the first place. So there's something interesting for the TLC to film them doing.

Wow, I am surprised. Seems extreme.

Yeah, I think it's only illegal in 2 states. Maybe 3. I can't remember now. Too lazy to look.

I googled it and it's also illegal for them to practice in Alabama. Homebirths aren't illegal but there isn't a way to really have one unless you go unassisted. Missouri used to be this way but they've changed the laws.

(from the aforementioned article on Blessa and Jilly's new show)

"The project, Daniels said, came together quickly "after talking with the girls and understanding that this was something they wanted to do.[...]"

I am sure they did.

(from the aforementioned article on Blessa and Jilly's new show)

"The project, Daniels said, came together quickly "after talking with the girls and understanding that this was something they wanted to do.[...]"

I am sure they did.

Wait. So all you have to do to get a reality show is for it to be something you really want to do? Everyone in Hollywood trying to become a star is obviously doing it wrong.

According to instagram, the Dillards are in Antigua, Guatamala, now.
Are they saying that explicitly somewhere I just haven't found, or are you just assuming that based on the picture Jill and Dereck just posted? Because I am 95 % sure that's a picture from earlier this summer, before they returned for Amy's wedding.

Archived