IGNORED

Teri says "Go make your bed"

Dark Matters

Off topic: I wonder if the Maxwells would ever go somewhere family friendly but fun like say Disney World?

Even the Creation Museum was too worldly/scary for them, so I'm going to go with "no" on that one as well...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how in that picture of Melanie and her female family there are 4 women in pants, 4 in sleeveless tops, 1 in a strapless dress, several in somewhat low-cut tops and one sister with her skirt several inches above the knee. Nobody comes close to being as modestly dressed as Mel is.

I don't really know Melanie by sight but your description led me to the right person. It struck me that it was rather like a puzzle in a children's book:

Melanie does not go sleeveless.

Melanie does not wear pants.

Melanie does not wear skirts above her knees.

Can you find Melanie?

I don't really know Melanie by sight but your description led me to the right person. It struck me that it was rather like a puzzle in a children's book:

Melanie does not go sleeveless.

Melanie does not wear pants.

Melanie does not wear skirts above her knees.

Can you find Melanie?

Can we please make this a thing? Collect pictures of our favourite fundies amongst regular heathens, and make it into an I-Spy/Where's Waldo masterpiece called Find the Fundie

For those wondering if Teri never liked having children...I came across an interesting letter she wrote to her parents. The letter (which is posted somewhere in the deep dark depths of very old Mom's Corners), was Teri telling her parents that she has decided to try homeschooling her children. In it, she seems unsure that homeschooling is something she can be successful at and says to her parents, "I know what you're thinking, this is Teri, the one who questions if she even loves her children..." I'm not at all shaming her for experiencing depression, or not wanting to be a mom, or not liking motherhood. The honesty of that sentence being posted on the Maxwell's website just shocked me is all.

That is just terrible and sad and why the fuck would anyone write such a thing. I think questioning whether you actually love your kids is the sort of thing you should never write down and put on the internet with your name attached to it. Wouldn't that just be devastating for her kids to read? There are some things a child should never know.

Steve is evil for making her have so many children as she struggled with the ones she had.

New post is up - installment three of last summer's "14er" climb.

Sounds about as much fun as a root canal, colonoscopy, and stretching rack combined.

This article makes me hate him even more:

articles.titus2.com/we-ve-reversed-a-bad-decision/

Seriously, when I read this, I was livid. He comes across as so abusive and controlling. From discussing the decision with Teri's dad to having the vasectomy reversed KNOWING her struggle with depression....I hate him with the heat of a thousand suns.

And he did it with huge doses of guilt, and without consulting her:

In 1985 we moved to the state of Washington, and we continued to grow in the Lord Jesus. We still had some very difficult times, but it was getting better. One thing began to trouble us, though. We started to feel that we were wrong in cutting off more children. We would frequently re-evaluate the decision even though we “knew†that it was imperative that we did it for Teri’s well being. This continued to be a subject of discussion and prayer until one day I was home from work, ill.

I told Teri that I was going to find out what the Lord had to say about children and settle the matter right then. I spread my Bible and reference books out on the bed. I began looking up each verse about children to see what God had to say. I started in Genesis and continued through the Bible. After a while I had tears running down my face, and my heart was broken. I cried out to the Lord, “God, I was wrong in cutting off additional children. I can now see that children are our heritage from You. They are our reward and, next to salvation, the most precious gift You could give us on earth.†I will share what God has shown me regarding children.

Lots of Bible quotes (which he no doubt read to Teri that day, weeping the whole time), bloviating and rationalizing follow, then:

I was convicted that we were wrong in taking matters into our own hands and determined to set it right. Almost immediately, we sought out a doctor and prayed that God would provide the funds to reverse the previous surgery. Within a short amount of time, God provided a doctor and the funds for the surgery.

Not a word about asking the feelings or opinion of the person who was going to carry the pregnancies, give birth, raise and teach the kids, cook and clean, and who had a bad back and severe depression.

Steve is truly horrible.

That post about last year's hike is super weird. A) Everyone has forgotten that she never posted "Part 3". B) What were all these unemployed adults doing for a year that they couldn't devote an hour to make this post? For all their talk of using time wisely and being industrious, I think deep down the Maxwells are actually really lazy.

The latest post about hiking really exemplifies Sarah's unfortunate education. If she were allowed to read other blogs, books, magazines, brochures, even travel guides, she could have written something much more interesting.

Instead it's just the most boring hike ever. Maybe she hates hiking?

I read a lot of hiking blogs. Most of them talk about trail conditions, daylight, where the treeline is, how much elevation per mile (or kilometer), what minor inconvenience or major disaster occurred, where and how. Gear reviews, what they took and used, what they took and didn't use, temperature, wind, other weather, people they met, things they saw, scree they raced down, etc.

Sarah wrote about her parents and God, tried to get people to use the Amazon affiliate links for a product that most people know about, two-way radios, and a free app for iPhone. Also it was windy and the climb was hard and the summit was nice.

I just feel like...can they ever do something different for a vacation? :shrug:

In Germany the floors are often tile throughout, I'm told. Easy to clean and again, rugs can be added.

I'm in Germany and I can confirm that's the case.

I don't think it's much different than wooden or cement floors, which were common (at least for me) in North America... but I am looking online for an inexpensive rug.

I just feel like...can they ever do something different for a vacation? :shrug:

No.

No, they cannot. They are Maxwells.

Resistance is futile.

:borg:

Interesting. From the comments, it doesn't look like they are going to Colorado this year. I wonder why.

Interesting. From the comments, it doesn't look like they are going to Colorado this year. I wonder why.

Maybe the whole family is goin' a courting. Or a wedding out of town is in the works. OR maybe they can't afford it this year?

Perhaps the next book will be "Frugal Days with the Moodys"

Edited to add. Perhaps Steve decided that Colorado was no longer wholesome since they passed the law on pot.

Maybe the whole family is goin' a courting. Or a wedding out of town is in the works. OR maybe they can't afford it this year?

Perhaps the next book will be "Frugal Days with the Moodys"

Edited to add. Perhaps Steve decided that Colorado was no longer wholesome since they passed the law on pot.

Or they had too much f*n. Steve is going to change up the retreats so that no one forgets that the point of life is to die.

Or they had too much f*n. Steve is going to change up the retreats so that no one forgets that the point of life is to die.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope they get to go somewhere...I mean how else will we get this year's pictures of them loading a carriage at an exotic Costco, Anna Marie making everyone lunch while wearing an apron, or Steve and Teri smiling in REI gear?

Okay, I've never mountain-climbed so maybe this is a dumb question, but what happens if one of the Maxwells has to go to the bathroom when they're climbing?? Are there bathrooms along the trail somewhere (like just below the treeline or something)? I would think it would be really defrauding for one of them to "go" in nature!

Okay, I've never mountain-climbed so maybe this is a dumb question, but what happens if one of the Maxwells has to go to the bathroom when they're climbing?? Are there bathrooms along the trail somewhere (like just below the treeline or something)? I would think it would be really defrauding for one of them to "go" in nature!

I wondered the SAME thing! :think:

I wondered the SAME thing! :think:

Most of the CO trails I've been on have bathrooms at the trailhead, but that's it. But some might have them at the summit. Otherwise, they're either defrauding someone in the woods or holding it a loooong time!

Most people duck behind a bush.

I don't hike crowded trails, but I hear there are rules in the more populated parts of our country about having to pack it out in a "wag bag" http://www.rei.com/product/662978/clean ... kage-of-12

I'm sure they plan accordingly.

https://annaoutdoors.wordpress.com/2014 ... for-girls/

Besides, they aren't backpacking overnight or anything. So they could hold their bowel movements. (Seriously, I've gone days backpacking and not had one. Bodies do weird, unexpected things. I'd also advice everyone to bring a tampon or two, even if you aren't scheduled. Didn't happen to me, but a friend.) Peeing in those skirt things might actually be more modest than pants, now that I think about it.

I make my bed because it pleases my headship. When the duvet cover is nice and flat she jumps into the exact centre of the made bed and starts kneading, rolling around or licking her nether regions. I smile meekly because my submitting makes my headship happy.

Archived