IGNORED

Teri says "Go make your bed"

Dark Matters

I am way more godly than Teri, I make the bed twice a day. Once when I get up in the morning and then again after my nap. And I make the bed BECAUSE I have a dog. I make everything tidy then I cover it all with a spare sheet. That way when the dog jumps up (which she is not supposed to do without an invitation but she is still learning...) we don't get dirt and hairs on the comforter or the sheets or the pillows.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't "under two minutes" be even more sensible *and* grammatically correct

ETA: Or--"two minutes or less/fewer"?

Oh, the things the Maxwells make me think about. *smh*

I would have probably said 'less than' as well. I've never been very good at sticking to all the grammar rules, especially when speaking. I probably broke some just now :)

Alrightly then, I'll just call it- I find this extremely strange. :evil-eye:

Well, at least they didn't shave his beard. Unlike some other unmarried maidens.....

I would have probably said 'less than' as well. I've never been very good at sticking to all the grammar rules, especially when speaking. I probably broke some just now :)

That's ok. We're just snarking on Teri, not judging each other.

I am obsessed with neatness so daily bed making is my jam. However, yikes! What's with the 90's grandma bedding, Teri?

I had the same bedding set. I got in in 1999, from Fingerhut!

I had the same bedding set. I got in in 1999, from Fingerhut!

Maxhell: Mail-ordering since 1999, the better to avoid anyone outside the familia!!!

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, I haven't seen it anywhere at least, but it looks like the Fall 2015 Dog and Pony show is a go! Or at least, they're coming to Charlotte,NC (my neck of the woods). My headship has told me I'm not going, but we'll see about that...

titus2.com/conferences.html

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, I haven't seen it anywhere at least, but it looks like the Fall 2015 Dog and Pony show is a go! Or at least, they're coming to Charlotte,NC (my neck of the woods). My headship has told me I'm not going, but we'll see about that...

titus2.com/conferences.html

That seems like a long drive for just one conference, at least so far only one. I'll be curious to see how they handle transportation now that Uriah's gone.

goldbu, if you really reverenced your headship as a good wife should you'd do as he says. :naughty:

One conference only? That is sad compared to other years.

Also, they've rethought their June deadline for conference requests.

If you'd like to coordinate a conference on our fall trip, please contact us. We can fill single evenings, and we may have a weekend before or after Charlotte available.

They "may" have a weekend available? Nah, they are praying and fasting in the vain hope of getting more requests.

I guess that is the demographic they have the most non-family contact with.

Ummmm, I don't see any problem with it...but I'm 62 and my bed/bedclothes don't look much different. :/

Maybe there's a girl there for John or Jesse that they want to visit, but need some sort of cover?

Much as I hate to have anything in common with a Maxwell, I do make my bed every morning. I just love coming home to an immaculate room. I also clean the house from top to bottom before leaving on vacation for the same reason. Also, we have those same tiles in our house, and I love them. They don't show dirt, they're easy to clean, and they aren't smelly pet hair magnets like carpet. I also love the teal wall, and the bedspread, although it's a bit busy with the bed skirt and throw pillows. I probably would've gone with a solid color, and skipped the valances. And the thing above the bed is ugly. I'm actually fairly impressed at how colorful and homey the room is for the maxwells. And I'm pretty sure that is a tv. Maybe they don't get any channels and just use it for religious DVDs? Then Steve is sort of telling the truth about not having "the beast". Crap, I just agreed with Terri, liked her decor, and defended Steve. I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

Might be a cultural thing, but making a bed like that right after waking up would be a big nono over here. The bed doesn't get any change to air. After losing lots of fluids during the night, they are going to create a nice warm environment for tiny little creepers to grow and multiply. Their mattress must be full of mold. Eeeuwh!

When I get up I shake out our pillows eand pull the blankets back to the end of the bed and let it air. Somewhere during the day I make my bed (or not). But right away? To me that's a disgusting habit....

Well even folding your sheets down at the end and plumping the pillows is still 'making' your bed so it looks nice and neat.

I totally make my bed as soon as I get out of it every morning.

And by "make my bed", I mean fling blankets over the kitten who has just jumped into the warm spot and pet her over said blankets. And laugh when she escapes.

That's how I make the bed, just fling the comforter over the cat who has made himself comfortable there. Sometimes, he even lies under the covers when he sleeps on my bed because he likes to burrow under the comforter.

New post up! Nothing interesting, just some guff about how Terrified and Stevehovah have been doling out advice for 20+ years. The weird bit was at the bottom, when Sarah wrote that "you may wonder if your children will ever grow up". Wow. I thought most parents wanted their kids to be little as long as possible. They want to cherish every moment.

New post up! Nothing interesting, just some guff about how Terrified and Stevehovah have been doling out advice for 20+ years. The weird bit was at the bottom, when Sarah wrote that "you may wonder if your children will ever grow up". Wow. I thought most parents wanted their kids to be little as long as possible. They want to cherish every moment.

Sarah's definition of "grow up" is "remain adults in your parents' household and serve as their personal slaves."

See also: Botkins, Penningtons, and others whose names I can't think of right now. Feel free to add.

Where does Sarah get off giving child rearing advice??

That's how I make the bed, just fling the comforter over the cat who has made himself comfortable there. Sometimes, he even lies under the covers when he sleeps on my bed because he likes to burrow under the comforter.

I've been making beds over cats and sometimes dogs for over 40 years. The cat we had when I was a teenager frequently was under the covers when my sister and I made the bed. There would be a mound right where Nalley was. I've had dogs that needed to be tucked in and my dachshund always sleeps under the blanket. That's pretty typical of doxies, btw. They're born burrowers.

I've been making beds over cats and sometimes dogs for over 40 years. The cat we had when I was a teenager frequently was under the covers when my sister and I made the bed. There would be a mound right where Nalley was. I've had dogs that needed to be tucked in and my dachshund always sleeps under the blanket. That's pretty typical of doxies, btw. They're born burrowers.

Oh yes, my husband's aunt has always had dachshunds. He used to sleep over at her house when he was a boy and the dog would burrow at the bottom of his sleeping bag.

I'm a cat person, so of course there is usually a lump in my bed when I make it in the morning. Like Teri, I suffer from depression, and I find it puts me in a better mood if the bed is made. This is one of the few times I agree with her.

ETA. Autocorrect just tried to change the word "the" to "God". Is it a sign?

"Go ahead -- make my bed," says Lacey:

[bBvideo 560,340:2sdik348]

[/bBvideo]

(no, not my dog -- she is a lurcher who belongs to a wonderful trainer named Emily Larham)

Off topic: I wonder if the Maxwells would ever go somewhere family friendly but fun like say Disney World?

Off topic: I wonder if the Maxwells would ever go somewhere family friendly but fun like say Disney World?

Hell no! The closest they get to any normal kind of amusement is the zoo/safari park, where they can at least talk about the wonder of god's creation. Otherwise, fun for the sake of fun is not allowed. Plus, they'd have to mingle with people who are immodestly dressed and engaging in ungodly behavior.

And I doubt the children, adult and actual children, even know about Disney.

Well even folding your sheets down at the end and plumping the pillows is still 'making' your bed so it looks nice and neat.

Nah, the way I do it would hardly does that. I wouldn't show it to anyone that way :shifty:

However, Teri's bed looks like a big pile of blankets and pillows. I don't know about their climate, were I live the humidity is quit high, but to me her bed wouldn't feel fresh in the evening.

Hell no! The closest they get to any normal kind of amusement is the zoo/safari park, where they can at least talk about the wonder of god's creation. Otherwise, fun for the sake of fun is not allowed. Plus, they'd have to mingle with people who are immodestly dressed and engaging in ungodly behavior.

And I doubt the children, adult and actual children, even know about Disney.

They also hike in colorado and kayak. Seems pretty normal, family fun to me. Of course, the Maxwells seem to make everything less fun so there's that.

Archived