IGNORED

Teri says "Go make your bed"

Dark Matters

I remember wanting a puffy bedspread like that. I was in junior high at the time, though.

OMG...I read your comment as "I was high at the time, though" :lol:

OK, back to normal programming..continue on everybody.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the monitor is for a CCTV system he has installed throughout the compound so he can spy on them all 24/7...

In other news, Stevie's Seriously rant came the announcement that he is now shaved.

They apparently all grew a beards for their annual 'what some would call a vacation' However "Lately, I’d been feeling the nudging of the Holy Spirit to shave it." :lol:

The reasons why Stevie has done this:

"

• Teri loves kissing my smooth face (much preferred over the prickly beard).

• Anna and Mary love that they can now see my facial expressions whereas they couldn’t with the beard.

• Shaving is definitely easier than trimming (even though it probably takes a bit longer when totaled over the week’s time) :lol:

• I realized that men who are trusted are typically beardless—military personnel, most corporate leaders, and police officers. (This one may be difficult to swallow for some, but it is what it is. :lol: )

"

And yes he did list Teri loves kissing him three bloody times in the list.

First the sweetfewllowship room picture, now this list.... are you feeling horny Stevie? :wink-penguin: :wink-penguin:

Teri was "allowed" to express her opinion on his beard? I thought she had to pray that Steve would shave his beard. I surprised she criticized her husband. :naughty:

The wall, the furniture, and the bedding are so dark and lodge-like that the tile just doesn't seem to go with it. The tile makes me think beach or Mediterranean. I like both looks, but not blended. My personal pet peeve is stuff piled in front of windows (I have worked in a windowless office for seventeen years so I have daylight issues. I hate drapes, blinds, etc.). I also recall those super-puffy quilts from the mid 90's. I never had one, but at the time I thought they were cute.

But then, these people have been so insulated for 20+ years that naturally they know nothing about style.

• Anna and Mary love that they can now see my facial expressions whereas they couldn’t with the beard.

Alrightly then, I'll just call it- I find this extremely strange. :evil-eye:

I agree but it's the Maxwells...they don't have a lot to think about and they interact with almost no one. So you get some weird shit. :shrug: :lol:

I imagine that when Steve is unhappy, the whole house is reauired to share in his displeasure. The daughters probably rely on reading the minutest facial expression to try and keep daddy on an even keel.

2 things.

1) the boxes for a stand up desk. IF this is for Terri, it simply shows how little Steve goes out of his way for her. The set up is not only ugly but looks unhands. Between them they should have been able to figure out a more attractive monitor stand-- We have made some pretty good looking ones out of precut or prefinished shelves and stock furniture legs from Lowes/Home Depot. A little trim work or paint and you have something that is stable and attractive. They could easily stain raw wood to match the bedroom. Or, they could buy a stand up desk or riser that is more stable than boxes of unsold Moody books.

2) The beard. My husband has had a beard for 37 years, with the exception of the day we got married, because his mother really didn't want him to have a beard in the wedding pictures as she was sure it was a phase and he'd not want the beard in the pictures... :lol:

His beard grows fast, and especially when we were younger, it was a nicer to kiss him when he had a nice full beard than when he was shaving parts of his face. Before the advent of the 5 blade razor, no method he used would get a smooth face or a smooth face that lasted past maybe noon. Short bristle would tear up my face more than nice soft beard hairs.

Over the years, he has had longish beards, short beards, goatees, the occasional Van Dyke, and only one person ever (an older attorney) suggested that he didn't have the "CEO Image" because he had the beard. We could only guess he hadn't met many tech CEOs.

Might be a cultural thing, but making a bed like that right after waking up would be a big nono over here. The bed doesn't get any change to air. After losing lots of fluids during the night, they are going to create a nice warm environment for tiny little creepers to grow and multiply. Their mattress must be full of mold. Eeeuwh!

When I get up I shake out our pillows eand pull the blankets back to the end of the bed and let it air. Somewhere during the day I make my bed (or not). But right away? To me that's a disgusting habit....

The monitor is just high enough to watch comfortable from the bed. I don't spot a keyboard. Maybe they have a very normal exciting live and their blogs and stuff are all about image for their brand. :think:

UnFuck Your Habitat have making your bed daily as part of their system. As others have said, it is actually recommended as part of therapy for people with depression. I don't bother myself but there are good reasons for it being part of a daily chore list.

Yup. "Make your bed. Excuses are boring," is UfYH's siren song.

In regard to the tile floors, they have underfloor heating on the first floor which makes the tile toasty warm in winter. In a Midwest summer tile is preferable to carpet/rugs.

You'd think as handy as the men in that household are they could build a very nice stand-up desk for Teri. They could even make it adjustable.

Might be a cultural thing, but making a bed like that right after waking up would be a big nono over here. The bed doesn't get any change to air. After losing lots of fluids during the night, they are going to create a nice warm environment for tiny little creepers to grow and multiply. Their mattress must be full of mold. Eeeuwh!

When I get up I shake out our pillows eand pull the blankets back to the end of the bed and let it air. Somewhere during the day I make my bed (or not). But right away? To me that's a disgusting habit....

The monitor is just high enough to watch comfortable from the bed. I don't spot a keyboard. Maybe they have a very normal exciting live and their blogs and stuff are all about image for their brand. :think:

This makes sense.

For me personally, however, I don't use a top sheet and I don't tuck anything in, so making the bed is merely spreading the blanket (in summer) or multiple blankets/comforter (in winter) out over the bed. Also, it's very arid where I live.

But I think if I lived in normal or high humidity, I would air the bed out as you say. Perhaps even just fold the blanket(s) and keep them on a shelf during the day.

I can't recall if they installed sub-floor radiant heat in that house or not. It's nice, even heat; it requires no maintenance; it's relatively efficient; and it seems like the sort of thing they would have installed. If they did, cold tile floors in winter wouldn't be an issue.

And frankly, if I could do it in this house, I'd have tile floors. They never wear out, don't get stained, and they can actually be kept clean. Back when I did renovation work I torn out countless square yards of carpet at various jobsites--including carpet that looked practically new--and you couldn't pay me to have that stuff in my house, it's such a dirt-trap. :shock: It's even worse if you have pets.

But I would definitely shop around at other places besides Home Depot for that floor tile, because I just cannot abide beige.

ETA: Oh, and count me among the ranks of those who think bed-making is a pointless, unenjoyable waste of time. I've had partners who insisted upon doing it (or at least straightening the duvet, since I use minimal bedding), and I was perfectly okay with that as long as they never tried to get me to. Because honestly, I cannot be bothered.

I'm in the early stages of home shopping, and top of my preference list is "No carpet." Especially since I have pets. Every time I see a listing with "New carpet!" I cross it off as an option, because why would I pay for the cost of new carpets when I'm just going to tear it out? Waste of money.

Pets are also part of why I don't make my bed. The dog likes to unmake the bed, dragging the balnkets all over to hide her balls in.

I think the reason Teri makes the bed the first thing in the morning is because beardless Steve-o told her to.

Also, I don't believe that Teri would have ever asked Steve-o to shave his beard. But I think once he did, he was delighted in her response to his clean shaven face. :brain-bleach:

Maybe the monitor is for a CCTV system he has installed throughout the compound so he can spy on them all 24/7...

In other news, Stevie's Seriously rant came the announcement that he is now shaved.

They apparently all grew a beards for their annual 'what some would call a vacation' However "Lately, I’d been feeling the nudging of the Holy Spirit to shave it." :lol:

The reasons why Stevie has done this:

"

• Shaving is definitely easier than trimming (even though it probably takes a bit longer when totaled over the week’s time) :lol:

• I realized that men who are trusted are typically beardless—military personnel, most corporate leaders, and police officers. (This one may be difficult to swallow for some, but it is what it is. :lol: )

"

And yes he did list Teri loves kissing him three bloody times in the list.

First the sweetfewllowship room picture, now this list.... are you feeling horny Stevie? :wink-penguin: :wink-penguin:

That is just weird.

Steve, ew, we get it, you and Teri are totally not repulsed by eachother and have a sex life.

Also it is kinda weird that Steve's beard made it really hard for Anna and Mary to read his facial expressions. Its not like he had a mountain man Michael Pearl beard or anything. What a strange comment.

There is so much going on in that bedroom that I didn't even notice that I have the same bed. (It was inherited, and I prefer to spend money on things like tents, backpacks, bikes, and vacation.)

Also I thought it was a TV, because I don't see a keyboard or a mouse, but it also looks like there is a desk chair.

Before we upgraded our office furniture, several of us would put our monitors and on boxes draped with fabric. The boxes to make it a standing desk, the fabric because our boss was an idiot insisted it "looked better."

I'm leaning toward TV over computer, too. If it were a computer, the user would practically have their nose touching the monitor, for lack of room to stand. It's quite a large monitor for that distance, imo, as well.

I totally make my bed as soon as I get out of it every morning.

And by "make my bed", I mean fling blankets over the kitten who has just jumped into the warm spot and pet her over said blankets. And laugh when she escapes.

It takes Teri "less then 2 minutes" to make her bed every day.

And she homeschooled 8 children. It's no wonder none of them can write.

Agree - but homonyms aside, it should be *fewer* than 2 minutes - not "less than."

UnFuck Your Habitat have making your bed daily as part of their system. As others have said, it is actually recommended as part of therapy for people with depression. I don't bother myself but there are good reasons for it being part of a daily chore list.

Interesting. I recently got the opposite advice- that it was ok to let things go - but that's probably because my anxiety makes depression worse.

That's because it IS strange. My father has had a full beard my entire life (a short one like Steve's, not the long duck dynasty kind) and I've never once had trouble reading his facial expression. Plus, you know, things like body language and tone of voice help too and those aren't covered by a beard.

Agree - but homonyms aside, it should be *fewer* than 2 minutes - not "less than."

Wouldn't "under two minutes" be even more sensible *and* grammatically correct

ETA: Or--"two minutes or less/fewer"?

Oh, the things the Maxwells make me think about. *smh*

Of course the bed is made every morning these are the Maxwells! My fundie, now former mother-in-law, once told me that she used to tell her children making their bed every morning would be "the most important thing they would every do each day". I usually don't make the bed because the cats are cozy.

The tv thing looks like a monitor on a standing desk to me. I have my desk arranged so that I can stand while I work. My reason is because this is just one more way to force myself to be less sedentary (a sedentary lifestyle is a health risk). The Maxwell's do go on about their own fitness endeavours so maybe they have chosen this style of desk for the same reason. Or, you know, because God will smite them if they don't.

A thought that occurred to me when I read this post: Why is Teri telling me to make my bed? What kind of authority does she think she has? Shouldn't we only obey God and not a mere mortal human? If God hasn't told me to make my bed, I'm not gonna. :snooty: :snooty: :naughty:

(Not that I'm religious, but the point remains)

I make my bed every morning. It's the one thing I know I have control over. Of course 30 minutes after it's made the dogs have jumped on it and rolled and got it all messy.

Their bed looks like what I would have wanted when I first got married in '85, but we opted for a queen sized waterbed. Heated the first 5 years and then not. I loved a cold bed.

Archived