IGNORED

Ungodly Disciple on Anderson Cooper

Samantha

Tonight AC talked more about religious abuse and tomorrow his whole show is about "ungodly discipline."

I didn't see anyone post about this yet so I thought I'd let everyone know!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight AC talked more about religious abuse and tomorrow his whole show is about "ungodly discipline."

I didn't see anyone post about this yet so I thought I'd let everyone know!

Is he referring to the Pearls as "ungodly?"

The segment on 9/1 focused on Hephzibah House (which was discussed fairly extensively on the Yuku FJ). Susan Grotte was interviewed in the 9/1 segment. I think she is an FJ member, although she doesn't post much. She did a great job. I wish they would have lengthened the piece and allowed more detail.

I did think that they did an effective job of pointing out the list of "authorities" that apparently have no authority to do anything about the whole mess.

The subject of HH and how it continues (I am quite sure the motivation is the fact that it is a "gravy train" for the Williams family) riles me up.

It is right on the CNN website. He is getting the front page on this.

AC is going to out the fundies.

He really should out himself too.

Not out. But he doesn't deny it anymore.

I love Anderson, but a guy who is in the truth business outta practice what he preaches.

As for the original topic: Someone elsewhere told me that the second part is a one-hour special tonight, 7 and 9 central time.

I have not been able to either verify or rule out the above.

Not out. But he doesn't deny it anymore.

I love Anderson, but a guy who is in the truth business outta practice what he preaches.

I know we're wandering OT here, but if he doesn't deny he's gay, what difference does is make whether he pops out of the closet? I don't have to announce my heterosexuality.

It is right on the CNN website. He is getting the front page on this.

AC is going to out the fundies.

He really should out himself too.

Why should he "out himself"? He owes nobody an explanation about his sexual orientation. A reporter's responsibility is to provide accurate, unbiased information, not to share his or her bedroom habits with viewers/readers/listeners.

Why should he "out himself"? He owes nobody an explanation about his sexual orientation. A reporter's responsibility is to provide accurate, unbiased information, not to share his or her bedroom habits with viewers/readers/listeners.

:clap:

No one is waiting for Diane Sawyer to announce that she's "straight", so why should Anderson Cooper have to announce that he's "gay"

I don't think he "should" out himself. I just wasn't aware that he wasn't "out". Makes no difference to me. I still think he's hot and since I can't have him either way, whatever he is - he is a-okay with me!

I would have to pick a gay guy for my celebrity crush, though. . . oh, well.

He is a public pugure and that makes his obligation to be forthcoming a little bit different. He has the right to be in the closet if he wishes. However, being nebulous reduces his own credibility.

He does not deny, he simply says that he chooses to keep his private life private. Totally his right to do that. I just think it is a bad business decision on his part. I think he should simply confirm the truth and then move on. Otherwise, he looks too much like the guy that runs Hepzibah house....refusing to answer. That dud had the right to decline too.

Florence, I think there's a difference between "I have sex with men" and "I physically abuse young women." Perhaps we should agree to disagree and return to our previously scheduled topic.

I just think it is a bad business decision on his part. I think he should simply confirm the truth and then move on. Otherwise, he looks too much like the guy that runs Hepzibah house....refusing to answer. That dud had the right to decline too.

One of these things isn't like the other. Not even close.

You are missing my point. My point is not about whatever story he is covering. I am not comparing their activities. Not even a little bit. People who break the law lose the right to privacy.

I totally believe that Anderson is entitled to proceed with his life as he sees fit. If he chooses to be nebulous, it is his right.

MY opinion is that a human being whose career is to expose uncomfortable truth would be more genuine if he conducted himself that way as well.

So much this.

Thank you for posting that link, I just reposted it to Facebook.

And WHOO for them posting the "defrauding" thing from the pastor's own publicly sold recordings.

custom_1257206590775__mg_1588.jpg

I wish I had his boyfriend. ITA, when's Diane Sawyer going to publicly announce she prefers men?

Back OT I hope the ratings of this report are huge, since it will guarantee a deeper investigation

Steam came out of my ears when the reporter said that Mitch Daniels office said there was nothing they could do about it. It is such a load of cow dung. Mitch Daniels or any of his cronies in the state senate of Indiana could introduce a bill making places like this be subject to reviews and make them apply for a license. But of course Mitch Daniels won't do that since he is also a religious nut job who thinks his time as governor is better spent going after Planned Parenthood and balancing his state budget on the backs for the working class so he doesn't have to raise taxes on the rich.

And considering that Anderson is doing a whole show on this subject on his prime time show, I would keep my eye out for him exploring this subject on his new daytime talk show.

I don't see how being in the closet reduces his credibility. Gary Tuchman didn't say anything about his sexuality in that video. Does that reduce his credibility too?

BULL freakin' SHIT the government can't do anything about this!!! Change the law so the government CAN have jurisdiction over religious group homes! Why has this been allowed to go on for 40 years???

Archived