IGNORED

Scandal Fallout - MEGA MERGE

eh02

Those are some big dreams!

If only it were so! I don't understand why people tolerate so much from Gothard and ATI. It isn't as if they themselves would want to live that lifestyle, why would they think it was so hunky-dory?

Do most people know that the Bates are also ATI?

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect much from the most casual watchers who are aware of both families, but otherwise, yeah, I would guess so.

The Superficial website has mentioned Jim Bum's "incest is a capital crime" platform plank --

http://www.thesuperficial.com/jim-bob-d ... rs-05-2015

And also noted Santorum's feet beating retreat --

http://www.thesuperficial.com/josh-dugg ... er-05-2015

And in a third item about Madonna referencing her 14-yo son's male organ, The Superficial makes some snark about the Duggars punishing their daughters "for showing 2/5ths of their calves". I'd add the link but it eludes me.

I know the Superficial is hardly a mainstream site, but it gladdens my heart to see these stories reported over again. Kind of a vaccine against the Bum and MEEchelle rising again. Well, one can hope.

I think some people forget this. I think Gil is actually a lot worse than JB, I don't think JB is a good enough actor to say what he means and not come off as creepy. Gil seems to have a genuine interest in his family and kids, something JB and Michelle have always lacked imo. But deep down, I think Gil's past is likely darker. 

People say that they could see a Bates girl marrying a Duggar boy, but i doubt JIm Bob would give his daughter over to the Bates because both Gil and Jim Bob are alpha males and JB won't give the power to someone like Gil ( which makes send seeing as how Jill/Jess married outsiders. ) think with recent events Jim Bob would try to attach their struggle onto the Bates budding come up. But then I see Gil not letting it happen since it's their families time to shine.

When you look at this mess, Gothard is at the center of this world of big families that TLC is promoting. The Bates, Websters, Paynes, Duggars, Wallers, Kellers, etc....they either work for him and are on the payroll or they serve on a board or they follow his directions to the letter. Just before this scandal broke, there is a photo of Jim Bob, Michelle and Jana at the Chicago airport on one of their visits to see Gothard. Interesting why do they always take Jana????

When you look at this mess, Gothard is at the center of this world of big families that TLC is promoting. The Bates, Websters, Paynes, Duggars, Wallers, Kellers, etc....they either work for him and are on the payroll or they serve on a board or they follow his directions to the letter. Just before this scandal broke, there is a photo of Jim Bob, Michelle and Jana at the Chicago airport on one of their visits to see Gothard. Interesting why do they always take Jana????

Jana may be visiting friends, especially Priscilla.

Take a spin with me on the Idle Speculation Bus to the TTH:

The family is fervently praying and fasting to determine whose sin caused the police report to be leaked and the show to be removed from the network (for now) I am imagining much soul searching and blame placing on everyone except JB and Josh. Was it Jinger refusing to clean the toilets with a joyful countenance? Maybe Jana's prideful heart (in resisting some of Gothards "personal counseling") that brought God's wrath upon their family. Has the recent wearing of some skirts above the knee, showing the Jgirls to be displaying the sin of rebellion (which is just like witchcraft!!) caused God to punish the whole family? Could it all be related to Michelle's wearing of a bikini when she was a teenage vixen?

I imagine JB discussing just such matters with Gothard in his daily phone call to Oakbrook. And getting godly advice from this paragon of Christian virtue.

I have an interesting theory on this whole Josh situation/fallout.

A few people mentioned the possibility that one of the Duggar Daughters (or their new husbands) was the one who outed Josh to the media, specifically to In Touch and started this whole "debacle".

1. Josh's own daughter is now reaching the age of his victims and his wife is pregnant with another girl. Did one of Josh's sisters feel compelled to let the cat out of the bag, worried what harm he might cause to his own daughter?

2. Both Jill and Jessa excluded Josh from their wedding parties, while the other Duggar brothers stood up as groomsmen. I believe Jill had Anna and her kids participate in the wedding but Josh was notably absent. For Jessa's wedding no one from Josh's family was asked to participate. A bit odd considering all the other grown siblings were included

3. Jessa and Jill are now independent women so to speak. They are no longer at home under the control of their parents. The timing of the scandal is very suspicious.

4.How the heck did In Touch find out about this. The info has been out there and available for over a decade. Why now? People have been saying this for years online and no Journalist ever thought to dig deeper. Makes me think a "very reliable" source spilled the beans and gave them the proof they needed to publish (or at least where they could get the proof)

5. The cancellation of 19 kids and counting and birth of Jessa & Jill's spinoff show: Did anyone else find it strange that the media talk regarding a spin off started two days after the scandal came out? The show still hasn't even been officially cancelled. How would it benefit TLC to let these rumours out so soon when they are desperately trying to do damage control?

Conclusions: Is it possible that Jill and/or Jessa (and/or husbands) orchestrated this entire thing? They tipped off the media, they finally get to see Josh suffer for what he did and ensure he will be under a microscope as to protect their niece/s, their parents get destroyed for their handling of the situation and failure to protect their daughters and after all the dust settles, 19 Kids is cancelled and they get their very own Reality show without their molesting brother or their crap parents involved.

Ladies and Gentlemen, did the Duggar sisters just stage a coup of epic proportions on their family? If so, *slow clap* ladies, I am thoroughly impressed!

Yeah, people have been speculating since the beginning that the sisters were the ones who leaked it, but I think the general consensus is that it's extremely unlikely. If you read back through yesterday's posts, it looks like a woman who lives near the Duggars passed the rumour on to an InTouch reporter, who then filed the FOI request and got the report.

Yeah, people have been speculating since the beginning that the sisters were the ones who leaked it, but I think the general consensus is that it's extremely unlikely. If you read back through yesterday's posts, it looks like a woman who lives near the Duggars passed the rumour on to an InTouch reporter, who then filed the FOI request and got the report.

yeah I was just reading through those comments and I think people are confusing the women who alerted Oprah with whomever alerted In Touch. Everyone keeps referencing the letter that was found in the book, but that happened years ago. But It's all getting very confusing. Do they mean the letter that was found and sent to the Oprah show was also given to In Touch, years later?

I think some people forget this. I think Gil is actually a lot worse than JB, I don't think JB is a good enough actor to say what he means and not come off as creepy. Gil seems to have a genuine interest in his family and kids, something JB and Michelle have always lacked imo. But deep down, I think Gil's past is likely darker. 

People say that they could see a Bates girl marrying a Duggar boy, but i doubt JIm Bob would give his daughter over to the Bates because both Gil and Jim Bob are alpha males and JB won't give the power to someone like Gil ( which makes send seeing as how Jill/Jess married outsiders. ) think with recent events Jim Bob would try to attach their struggle onto the Bates budding come up. But then I see Gil not letting it happen since it's their families time to shine.

I think the Bateseseseses are fervently hoping that this scandal doesn't shine too much of a light on them and their close ATI ties.

I have an interesting theory on this whole Josh situation/fallout.

A few people mentioned the possibility that one of the Duggar Daughters (or their new husbands) was the one who outed Josh to the media, specifically to In Touch and started this whole "debacle".

1. Josh's own daughter is now reaching the age of his victims and his wife is pregnant with another girl. Did one of Josh's sisters feel compelled to let the cat out of the bag, worried what harm he might cause to his own daughter?

2. Both Jill and Jessa excluded Josh from their wedding parties, while the other Duggar brothers stood up as groomsmen. I believe Jill had Anna and her kids participate in the wedding but Josh was notably absent. For Jessa's wedding no one from Josh's family was asked to participate. A bit odd considering all the other grown siblings were included

3. Jessa and Jill are now independent women so to speak. They are no longer at home under the control of their parents. The timing of the scandal is very suspicious.

4.How the heck did In Touch find out about this. The info has been out there and available for over a decade. Why now? People have been saying this for years online and no Journalist ever thought to dig deeper. Makes me think a "very reliable" source spilled the beans and gave them the proof they needed to publish (or at least where they could get the proof)

5. The cancellation of 19 kids and counting and birth of Jessa & Jill's spinoff show: Did anyone else find it strange that the media talk regarding a spin off started two days after the scandal came out? The show still hasn't even been officially cancelled. How would it benefit TLC to let these rumours out so soon when they are desperately trying to do damage control?

Conclusions: Is it possible that Jill and/or Jessa (and/or husbands) orchestrated this entire thing? They tipped off the media, they finally get to see Josh suffer for what he did and ensure he will be under a microscope as to protect their niece/s, their parents get destroyed for their handling of the situation and failure to protect their daughters and after all the dust settles, 19 Kids is cancelled and they get their very own Reality show without their molesting brother or their crap parents involved.

Ladies and Gentlemen, did the Duggar sisters just stage a coup of epic proportions on their family? If so, *slow clap* ladies, I am thoroughly impressed!

Not very likely, but, oh I WISH this to be true. AND let's add that the one victim who is not yet 18 and is, therefore, still within the SOLs, files a suit against Josh, Jim Bob, Michelle, and TLC, takes a LOT of cash, and the girls ride together off into the sunset.

yeah I was just reading through those comments and I think people are confusing the women who alerted Oprah with whomever alerted In Touch. Everyone keeps referencing the letter that was found in the book, but that happened years ago. But It's all getting very confusing. Do they mean the letter that was found and sent to the Oprah show was also given to In Touch, years later?

No. A woman who took a picture outside the Duggar house with her wife was asked by an In-Touch reporter why she was protesting. (She and her sister were disgusted by Michelle's robocall re transgender legislation in Arkansas. )

She states In-touch contacted her and she informed them of the allegations saying it was fairly common knowledge locally, they then requested the police report via FOIA. All the screen captures and time stamps are there and appear legit. So basically a very pissed off neighbour who rightly took offence at the Duggar's beliefs.

It all starts about Pg 14 of the large thread until about Pg 22.

Archived