IGNORED

Scandal Fallout - MEGA MERGE

eh02

I agree with the hiatus. They will spin it as a time to heal. It will be indefinite, and that will give TLC the out they need. I sincerely hope that part of the deal is professional therapy for the 19 victims and counting, for the rest of their lives, if needed. It would be too much to hope that this mess would prompt a change in statutes of limitation, but you never know. Josh and Anna divorce (Even Tammy Faye got rid of Jim Bakker). No unsupervised visits with the kids. And, totally not advocating such a thing, but it is Arkansas, and there is quite a bit of redneck vigilante justice that happens in those little towns. once the first unmarried kid leaves the nest, I think we will see a mass exodus. Maybe the girls will share a house. Who knows. Hopefully, Boob invested well and can be guilted into at least paying for that.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think TLC will put the show on hiatus as well.

As for the Duggar family, I can see them trying to get people to forget this scandal by announcing another courtship (Jana or Jinger). I just hope that the girls aren't pushed into doing something they aren't ready for. But who am I kidding? Like their parents actually care about their feelings, mental health, or general well being.

What should happen: TLC cancels the show immediately and never runs any reruns. JB & Michelle find out what it feels like when no one returns your calls, except perhaps Jill and David Rodrigues. They still get some speaking engagements, but at much smaller venues and for a lot less money. Forget about the big book signing days. Those fundies who think the Duggars are upstarts and too "wordly" will say this happened because they strayed too far away from God.

Derick continues working for WalMart or another employer. He and Jill decide the home JB loaned them is too big to manage, because Jill is busy with baby Dilly. They move into a home they purchase on their own, and slowly but definitely begin to distance themselves from her parents, but maintain close relationships with most of Jill's siblings.

Jessa and Bin decide they'd like to move closer to Bin's family. Perhaps Bin's could even return to his windshield repair business and preach on the side. They too slowly withdraw from her parents.

One by one, the Duggar kids try to figure out how to earn a living with the crap education they received at the dining room table. All of the children get some real counseling. I would love to see them take classes at the local junior college, perhaps inspired by Bin.

What is more likely to happen: TLC is in a real fix. They had to cancel HBB suddenly and struggled to fill that slot. No one at TLC apparently has any imagination, so the only shows they can think of involve a) large fundie familes who homeschool; b) little people, or c) little people who have a lot of kids and may or may not homeschool. Oh, and occasional episodes of Kate + 8, but since one of the children says she is afraid of Kate and doesn't want to live with her anymore, and Jon has filed for custody of said child -- maybe that option isn't going to be available to TLC soon either. What's an exploitive network to do?

I think the answer is really up to the advertisers. If they are squicked out enough to pull their ad dollars from 19K&C, then TLC will drop them but fast.

I'm just not seeing TLC or People cutting bait yet. I noticed that People didn't publish the initial story; they waited and posted family's response. I'm guessing People is seeing $$ for exclusive Duggar stories coming from this, and if they'll try to keep a positive spin. This in turn will make it easier for TLC to keep show on air. Bottom line as long as people watch, TLC will stand by the Duggars. They may get a few more viewers for a bit for the curiosity factor.

I don't think Josh and Anna will divorce. I think they will move to Florida and Josh will become involved with her dad's prison ministry to sex criminals in jail. This will all give him a better "testimony" to witness to those poor lost souls.

I have no doubt the Kellers were informed of Josh's abuse of the girls before his marriage to Anna. The Kellers were the perfect patsies for JB. They were poor, completely brainwashed with fundamentalist zeal and would look like hypocrites in their own ministry to prisoners if they wouldn't allow their daughter to marry someone with a criminal/sinful past that had been saved and born again from sin.

This whole thing has made Josh more valuable in this line of ministry. The bigger your sin and fall from grace, the more relatable you are to those who need to be "washed in the blood" of Jesus. Josh and Anna will be out of the spotlight forever, living in a trailer somewhere in the swamps of Florida with at least seven children.

This is NOT what I want to happen but what I think will happen.

TLC phases out the reruns over the next week and the show takes a break. they still have reruns on right now! TLC tells the Duggars they will wait and see if and when they get the next season. If everything is calmed down I predict the show returns in October and focuses in on Josiah's courtship and Jessa's baby.

Josh moves from DC after baby #4 is born. He moves to the his Arkansas house he just bought. Jim Bob will help him start up a buying and selling business, like with heavy equipment and small parcels of land and maybe a few storage units to rent out for him to make enough money to pay the basic bills. I think Anna and the kids will suffer the most from this. There standard of living is going to tumble. No more American girl dolls for Mac.

The Duggars will lose some fans and some viewers but they will still have a loyal following. They will still do some conferences but choose them to be where they have the greatest support. I doubt we will see them on a book tour again like at Barnes and noble.

We will see how devout Marjorie's family is , if she is still courting Josiah and how active a roll they have in the media and on any future episodes or publicity. I predict her family will fully support the Duggars.

19 kids and counting as a regular series will be cancelled. No Duggars will be seen on air from next week on for a while.

Except, like Kate Plus 8, we'll get follow up specials. Jessa and Jills subsequent pregnancies and births will be followed. Any of the remaining girls who court, marry, and pop out kids will be followed as well. The girls are the main draws to the series, it's their stories that will live on. We'll get an occasional family update special. Josh will have minimal to zero facetime outside the roll call credits. They'll never completely disappear, but I can see TLC minimizing their presence on the network.

soooo guess which show was on late, late at night a few days ago....

It features a really loud child from the south.

It was a rerun but it was on the network being discussed.

The show goes on, but Josh appearances are minimal if they happen at all. I like the suggestion that he moves to Florida with his family and joins the Keller prison ministry. That would make it easy for him to stay off camera and would be his only chance of any sort of widespread redemption.

There will be a lot less of Jim Bob and Michelle, at least for awhile. There will be more focus on the kids from Josiah and older - Jill and Jessa's families, Joseph in college and Josiah's courtship. I would like to think that somehow this will be Jana and Jinger's ticket out. In order to get them away from the scrutiny, maybe they'll get jobs with ATI or become nannies away from home or something? One thing's for sure - they won't be visiting Josh and Anna to babysit anymore.

Amy changes her last name back to Jordan, girls write a book about "forgiveness, marriage, and training up children for the Lord"

Maybe the girls will get a spinoff, focusing on their marriages and new children. Ladies for the Lord or something. Thank god no more smuggar episodes!

What I suspect will happen:

-the show won't be cancelled.

-TLC will announce a special related to this. It will talk about Josh's struggles but won't admit who his victims are. The girls will not be shown. Just Josh, Anna, JB, and Michelle. We will be assured the M kids are safe.

-Josh and Anna go underground for a while. We won't hear much if anything about even their whereabouts.

-after the special, Josh will not be shown on 19KAC anymore.

-we will get a small blurb about M4, but not much else to limit his media exposure.

-this season will focus on babies and courtships (I'm calling at least one more before the next season begins)

-ratings will stay steady, but low

-At the end of the season, TLC will announce a spin off featuring Jessa, Jill, and maybe the courting couples. The spin off will be where all future family updates will take place.

-the spin off will get maybe 2 seasons.

-19KAC will return to specials, which will happen frequently because of babies and relationships. Josh will remain a background character at best. No more talking heads.

Show will be cancelled and for the sake of her kids, Anna will hold her head high. Josh will do some "forgive me father for I have sinned" speech. If Ben and Derrick had any other motive for marrying Duggars outside of love their underwear will be stinky and stained. MAYBE a Dateline or 20/20 segment with J/M. I can only hope for that..

I hope Anna takes advantage of all of the built-in babysitters she has and seeks employment considering her husband is going to be hard-pressed to find any, but I get the impression they would rather live on the streets than ever have a household in which the woman is the breadwinner.

I hope they cancel it and Jim Bob is desperate enough to do a Dr. Phil show and he attacks them for all of their insane rules and cult and just please can just someone get real with them instead of playing nice

I hope Anna takes advantage of all of the built-in babysitters she has and seeks employment considering her husband is going to be hard-pressed to find any, but I get the impression they would rather live on the streets than ever have a household in which the woman is the breadwinner.

They won't have to live on the street. Their cult leader was a pedophile who got help covering up his crimes. It wouldn't strike me as anything less than "to be expected" of Josh got a job with someone in their culture.

less change than you think...

HBB cancelled because Mama June lied about her sex offender boyfriend (who molested one of the girls on the show and went to jail for that) and was caught with a picture of her hanging out with him and Honey BB herself. So she was lying about dating a convicted molester and was allowing him to be in close contact with her daughter who was the same age as the first.

Kate plus 8 ended because Jon got an injunction to stop filming of his kids.

Anna knew about it. All the articles I've read say that. Here's one: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts ... legations/

So my prediction is:

* Indefinite hiatus (after all, the problem was many years ago, not current like with Honey Boo Boo or Gosselins. After a couple years we will start to get Very Special Episodes updating us on everyone except Josh & Anna.

* Josiah's courtship carries on as usual because they can't hold his brother's actions against HIM...that would be un-Christian of them.

* Even more relaxation of standards like Duggar dress code.

* A tell-all book, by Jessa and/or Jinger, after DimBob and J'Chelle die.

* Josh crawls under a rock for a little while. I think the FIL's prison ministry thought is a good one.

This explains a LOT of things, for example, why none of DimBob's kids have married into fundie royalty, and what Jinger's big trials and tribulations were. Maybe the girls really DID want to all share a room in the TTH, to protect each other. And maybe this is why they took the law enforcement/community first responder/whatever class, to help them feel confident and safe. That one is a stretch, but in their eyes, sending Joshie to work with some guy is "therapy," soooo.....

With recent revelations, I really doubt we will hear anything close to a tell all book from any of the kids. Even the ones who weren't victims would likely have issues talking about what happened to their sisters. And I doubt any of the victims are anywhere in their stages of healing to be able to face this as it is (a general idea of what happened), forget people knowing any kinds of real details.

I know people think Joy was the one who went to the courthouse because JB and Michelle made her, but I think she did because it's painful enough that the redacted version is on the Internet.

I would pay to see Dr. Phil take this on ... I don't always agree with him but his ability to call a spade a spade is unparalleled.

Maybe the girls will get a spinoff, focusing on their marriages and new children. Ladies for the Lord or something. Thank god no more smuggar episodes!

Girls aren't going to get a spinoff bc without the family what do you have?

Jill taking care of a baby all day while her husband is at work (yawn) and Jessa pregnant while her husband is with the family that was on old show. It's just not interesting TV. Granted they turn dental trips into shows, but having these 2 couples carry a show would be a tall order.

What should happen: TLC cancels the show immediately and never runs any reruns. JB & Michelle find out what it feels like when no one returns your calls, except perhaps Jill and David Rodrigues. They still get some speaking engagements, but at much smaller venues and for a lot less money. Forget about the big book signing days. Those fundies who think the Duggars are upstarts and too "wordly" will say this happened because they strayed too far away from God.

Derick continues working for WalMart or another employer. He and Jill decide the home JB loaned them is too big to manage, because Jill is busy with baby Dilly. They move into a home they purchase on their own, and slowly but definitely begin to distance themselves from her parents, but maintain close relationships with most of Jill's siblings.

Jessa and Bin decide they'd like to move closer to Bin's family. Perhaps Bin's could even return to his windshield repair business and preach on the side. They too slowly withdraw from her parents.

One by one, the Duggar kids try to figure out how to earn a living with the crap education they received at the dining room table. All of the children get some real counseling. I would love to see them take classes at the local junior college, perhaps inspired by Bin.

What is more likely to happen: TLC is in a real fix. They had to cancel HBB suddenly and struggled to fill that slot. No one at TLC apparently has any imagination, so the only shows they can think of involve a) large fundie familes who homeschool; b) little people, or c) little people who have a lot of kids and may or may not homeschool. Oh, and occasional episodes of Kate + 8, but since one of the children says she is afraid of Kate and doesn't want to live with her anymore, and Jon has filed for custody of said child -- maybe that option isn't going to be available to TLC soon either. What's an exploitive network to do?

I think the answer is really up to the advertisers. If they are squicked out enough to pull their ad dollars from 19K&C, then TLC will drop them but fast.

Maybe they can find a homeschool family with a bunch of kids that is super fat and lives on a homestead in Alaska. Or Northern Minnesota. Bonus if they have a little person or some sort of conjoined twins. Oh, and a wedding. TLC seems to go for conjoined siblings, fat people, large families, little people, polygamists, amish, and weddings. I almost miss the days when it was just "A Makeover Story" "A Baby Story" "A Wedding Story." Almost.

This is my prediction and my HOPE for the children:

1). Anna will divorce Josh and move back to Florida with Mx4 and help with her father's ministry. They will put a double wide on their land for her.

2). TLC will put 19KAC on hiatus until next year when they come back with 2 spin off shows "The Seewalds and Dillards", they will feature Ben and Jessa and Derick and Jill and their growing families but they will not focus as much on their religion. The second spin off will feature Jana, Jinger and Joy and will be called "Jana, Jinger and Joy: Life on Our Own Terms". TLC will move the 3 girls to NYC, where Jana will enroll in nursing school, Jinger will pursue a career in photography and Joy will study theater at NYU. TLC will pay for the girls to get professional counseling behind the scenes and the show will be an instant hit and bring in more money than 19KAC ever has.

3). JD will marry a nice conservative Christian girl (not Fundie) and they will settle down in obscurity and limit their family size to 3 kids. I really don't believe JD buys into all the Quiverfull stuff.

4). Joseph graduates Crown College, marries Tori Bates and sets up house in TN.

5). Josiah and Marge end their courtship and Josiah decides to go to Crown College.

6). Jeremiah and Jed go to the community college that Ben went to and become Paramedics in Little Rock.

7). With all the older girls gone and the conservative christian convention circuit dried up Michelle and JB end up finally raising their younger ones.

8). Grandma Duggar moves in with her daughter.

I don't think the will be cancelled. I I hope that the girls that suffered are able to get the help they need and decide to leave the show. I agree with the the majority of posters that there will be a focus on Ben/Jessa and Derrick/Jill.

I'm hoping that Anna REALLY evaluates her life and hopefully leaves Josh and gets the help she needs.

Josh will go underground, and probs work for his dad.Lack of focus for obvious reasons on Josh and Anna on the show.

I hope they cancel it and Jim Bob is desperate enough to do a Dr. Phil show and he attacks them for all of their insane rules and cult and just please can just someone get real with them instead of playing nice

I would break my own personal rule to not watch Dr Phil for that episode.

Archived