IGNORED

Josh's "Counseling" Location - Media, Pick this UP!

copper

People wants to keep the Duggars as relevant as possible in current news. Its easy $$$.

this has to be the first time I have enjoyed the dugers when people featured them. :lol: :cracking-up:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole "Christian Counseling" center thing reminds me of Michele Bachmann's husband's center where they help people to "pray away the gay". Interesting that the place is there under the guise of Prison outreach. Isn't that what Anna's parents do as well? Exactly, what type of training is required for any of them to do this type of thing? Just a "servant's heart"? SMH. It's a shame Josh didn't receive legitimate therapy and is now the father of a daughter the same age as his youngest victim.

You just nailed it.

Up till today I loved Hobby Lobby-- there's a huge ass one right next to me and I was always getting art supplies there. The closed on the Sabbath thing was a pain, but the cheapness was a plus. But no more. It makes me vomit to think they subsidize that child-molesting, hate-mongering fucktard Gothard and his unconscionable teachings. I will never set foot in there again-- if I had known sooner I never would have gone in in the first place. Count me with those who hope JimBoob, Josh, JChelle, Gothard, and now Hobby Lobby will all go down in flames together!

FU Hobby Lobby, hello Dick Blick and Amazon!

Good catch, copper.

I went back and re-read the police report. JimBob stated that Josh was sent to Little Rock, to a program held at the old VA Hospital and that he "thought" it had something to do with the police because the police had a "station" there.

JimBob, You are caught in your big fat lie. Gothardism's show family headship - You knew extremely well and very exactly that you were sending him to a Gothard program. Lying liar who lies.

I hope this gets exposed big time. I gotta say, I'm not optimistic, because most who don't have personal past connections with Gothardism don't know about it and most don't care. Most have no clue how widespread the Gothard influences are.

Sorry if this is commenting on ancient news, but how in the hell can you find yourself in this situation and then "think" it had to do with something or another? Maybe I am nosey or overprotective, but if my child was being sent away as a means to repent, I would find out everything I could about wtf is going on. So much of what the parents have said do not add up, and people are content to let them handle it in their own, spiritual way. I get freedom of religion. I do. But that should in no way supercede the law of the land or the welfare of children.

Sorry if this is commenting on ancient news, but how in the hell can you find yourself in this situation and then "think" it had to do with something or another? Maybe I am nosey or overprotective, but if my child was being sent away as a means to repent, I would find out everything I could about wtf is going on. So much of what the parents have said do not add up, and people are content to let them handle it in their own, spiritual way. I get freedom of religion. I do. But that should in no way supercede the law of the land or the welfare of children.

JB didn't actually "think" any of this. The Duggars have always been active Gothard followers and the premier "show" family for Gothardism. JB knew exactly - actually designed it that way - that they were sending Josh to a Gothard program. That statement was a blatant lie that he fed to the questioning person to make himself sound OK. I will say it again. Not a misunderstanding at all. A blatant lie.

JB didn't actually "think" any of this. The Duggars have always been active Gothard followers and the premier "show" family for Gothardism. JB knew exactly - actually designed it that way - that they were sending Josh to a Gothard program. That statement was a blatant lie that he fed to the questioning person to make himself sound OK. I will say it again. Not a misunderstanding at all. A blatant lie.

Didn't the Duggars choose the program? So the person sending Josh was JB himself.

I never cared for JB, but I am telling you, he is far worse than I ever thought.

He is a conniving, manipulative, opportunistic liar.

It's gotta suck being the Duggers right now. Or not they think they are being persecuted

Oh, I'm sure they think they're being persecuted. I can't see Jim Bob, Michelle or even Josh being introspective enough to realize that their "fall from grace" is the direct result of their own actions: chasing celebrity, believing their own press, deceiving everyone, judging others for actions far less offensive than their own, being arrogant enough to think they wouldn't get caught and being essentially non-apologetic about any of it once they are caught. I love how they proudly pronounce that everyone else is going to hell, but when they get caught in the trap of their own making, the Duggars are all "Jesus forgives" and "please respect our privacy."

When you think about it, this is perfect parable material. Well, except in the parable, the protagonist would realize their mistakes and actually change for the better. Too bad JB, Michelle and Josh are far to dense for that.

Oh, I'm sure they think they're being persecuted. I can't see Jim Bob, Michelle or even Josh being introspective enough to realize that their "fall from grace" is the direct result of their own actions: chasing celebrity, believing their own press, deceiving everyone, judging others for actions far less offensive than their own, being arrogant enough to think they wouldn't get caught and being essentially non-apologetic about any of it once they are caught. I love how they proudly pronounce that everyone else is going to hell, but when they get caught in the trap of their own making, the Duggars are all "Jesus forgives" and "please respect our privacy."

When you think about it, this is perfect parable material. Well, except in the parable, the protagonist would realize their mistakes and actually change for the better. Too bad JB, Michelle and Josh are far to dense for that.

they fell into the fame whore role and believe everything people tell them when they say how great how godly they are. God showed them their errors but it is someone else s fault. lets see if they can learn humility.

I admit I haven't read all the media coverage, but has anyone seen any press make the link between Journey to the Heart and this story? Gothard was probably the first person JB called when he found out about Josh's "mistakes". Gothard also had personal confession sessions with each of those girls during their JTTH retreats some years later. As a minister, he must be a mandated reporter. Couldn't he be prosecuted for hearing multiple accounts of child abuse and doing nothing?

I admit I haven't read all the media coverage, but has anyone seen any press make the link between Journey to the Heart and this story? Gothard was probably the first person JB called when he found out about Josh's "mistakes". Gothard also had personal confession sessions with each of those girls during their JTTH retreats some years later. As a minister, he must be a mandated reporter. Couldn't he be prosecuted for hearing multiple accounts of child abuse and doing nothing?

He's not a mandated reporter. He does not appear to have ever served as a minister at a church- he ran IBLP/ATI and various early iterations from 1961-2014

He's not a mandated reporter. He does not appear to have ever served as a minister at a church- he ran IBLP/ATI and various early iterations from 1961-2014

I thought he did actual the counseling?

I thought he did actual the counseling?

I don't know who did counseling. My bet, no one. Which is probably a good thing. My cat could probably offer better counseling. The one thing I learned through this nightmare is that clergy are not mandatory reporters, except in two states. This drives me crazy. I do understand the confidentiality of the confession. However, we are talking about the safety of children. As a therapist I am legally required to report this. Why can't clergy. What would their God say?

they fell into the fame whore role and believe everything people tell them when they say how great how godly they are. God showed them their errors but it is someone else s fault. lets see if they can learn humility.

Someone needs to tell the Duggars that not having a reality show does not constitute being "persecuted." :disgust: :music-tool: :penguin-no:

Josh committed molestation and incest, and JB and Michelle covered up for him. Thanks to their political connections, Josh didn't have to face justice, but they're paying for it now. Josh, JB, and Michelle all made illegal and immoral choices, and they have to deal with the consequences. They only have themselves to blame for the current situation.

I don't know who did counseling. My bet, no one. Which is probably a good thing. My cat could probably offer better counseling. The one thing I learned through this nightmare is that clergy are not mandatory reporters, except in two states. This drives me crazy. I do understand the confidentiality of the confession. However, we are talking about the safety of children. As a therapist I am legally required to report this. Why can't clergy. What would their God say?

Yup.

Someone needs to tell the Duggars that not having a reality show does not constitute being "persecuted." :disgust: :music-tool: :penguin-no:

Josh committed molestation and incest, and JB and Michelle covered up for him. Thanks to their political connections, Josh didn't have to face justice, but they're paying for it now. Josh, JB, and Michelle all made illegal and immoral choices, and they have to deal with the consequences. They only have themselves to blame for the current situation.

Karma train - it's a thing.

Suck eggs Mullet and Boob; this train just derailed.

I read Sassy's question about counseling in reference to the JTTHs. I did a quick search and didn't find anything definitive, but there are posts on FJ that outline the itinerary and every attendee apparently had a private talk with Gothard on the first Saturday. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10490&p=371434&hilit=journey+gothard+heart+interview#p371434

I would like to see the source for that post, but I lost interest when it didn't pop up at first google. :shifty-kitty:

I read Sassy's question about counseling in reference to the JTTHs. I did a quick search and didn't find anything definitive, but there are posts on FJ that outline the itinerary and every attendee apparently had a private talk with Gothard on the first Saturday. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10490&p=371434&hilit=journey+gothard+heart+interview#p371434

I would like to see the source for that post, but I lost interest when it didn't pop up at first google. :shifty-kitty:

So these girls aren't allowed to talk to same age boys or spend too much time with opposite sex siblings, but it's okay to be alone with an unmarried man old enough to be their grandfather and confess their most intimate secrets? :shifty-kitty: :?

So these girls aren't allowed to talk to same age boys or spend too much time with opposite sex siblings, but it's okay to be alone with an unmarried man old enough to be their grandfather and confess their most intimate secrets? :shifty-kitty: :?

It's like peeling an onion of perversion. There are layers upon layers of really messed up stuff here. Anybody who can escape this shit and be even somewhat okay has my deepest admiration.

Archived