IGNORED

Rocky Mountain Conference - Duggars, Swanson, Others

luv2laugh

They are speaking at the Rocky Mountain Super Conference on Family. They are doing a lot of speaking events lately!

rockymountainsuperconference.com/register-for-conference/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hilarious how a lot of Duggarfans and most fundies probably don't like it, if a woman works outside the home and has a career for herself. But apparently, it's completely ok to travel across the country all the time to do all kinds of speaking gigs if you have 11 underage children at home. :angry-banghead: :cray-cray:

Well she's still got a few j'slaves left, so it's OK to forget about the 11 underage kids and talk about your beliefs to anyone who will listen

The kids are better off with Jana anyway

The blurb on the side said JB, M and their children.

Friday Night With the Duggars!

This year, your FULL CONFERENCE PASS gets you free admission to AN EVENING WITH THE DUGGARS! Join us Friday, June 19th, for a night with Jim Bob, Michelle, and their children.

This year, your FULL CONFERENCE PASS gets you free admission to AN EVENING WITH THE DUGGARS! Join us Friday, June 19th, for a night with Jim Bob, Michelle, and their children.

They might bring all or some of them with them this time, but a lot of times, the kids are left alone at home. Also, even if they bring the kids along, such events are stressful, there is little time left to actually take care of their children personally. And what about their awesome homeschooling?

They might bring all or some of them with them this time, but a lot of times, the kids are left alone at home. Also, even if they bring the kids along, such events are stressful, there is little time left to actually take care of their children personally. And what about their awesome homeschooling?

I figured since they are headed to that Christian music gig right after, maybe they didn't want to leave them for so long, who knows. Clearly, the blessings are not a parental priority.

Hmm, close enough that I could go. Not that I would ever waste my money on that. :lol:

I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out, thanks 8-)

The fact that the pricing says Head of Household and spouse, wtf! I should sign up and say I am, see what they make of that.

oh boy! Not just a conference but a SUPER conference.

And gee gang the kids are going to perform music - bring your ear plugs.

Now that JD is working outside of the Duggar camp will he be going? Even though his constable job is not a paid position I imagine he is expected to do his job on a regular basis. Which makes me sad for JD because I think these conferences are the only way he has a shot at meeting a like minded girl from a like minded family (in other words, someone that JB would approve). Also, will this be the first Izzie conference debut? Did Izzie go to Big Sandy? And will Jessa and Ben be there to show off her baby bump.. does Ben have a job at all? Will Derick get the time off from Wal-Mart to go (is he still working for Wal-Mart or is now on the Duggar payroll?) It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Derick is now the official Duggar bookkeeper full time. I guess I just don't understand how they are always able to work around everyone's schedules.

Now that JD is working outside of the Duggar camp will he be going? Even though his constable job is not a paid position I imagine he is expected to do his job on a regular basis. Which makes me sad for JD because I think these conferences are the only way he has a shot at meeting a like minded girl from a like minded family (in other words, someone that JB would approve). Also, will this be the first Izzie conference debut? Did Izzie go to Big Sandy? And will Jessa and Ben be there to show off her baby bump.. does Ben have a job at all? Will Derick get the time off from Wal-Mart to go (is he still working for Wal-Mart or is now on the Duggar payroll?) It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Derick is now the official Duggar bookkeeper full time. I guess I just don't understand how they are always able to work around everyone's schedules.

Yes, Izzy went to Big Sandy. As a newborn. Surrounded by more than a few anti-vaxxers, most likely. It was discussed somewhere around here, but I don't feel like looking it up right now.

I agree with your other comments; it's getting harder to keep the group together anymore. Josh travels constantly with the FRC and still manages to appear with the mothership pretty often.

I don't count heads in the pictures, but I have the impression that the male kidults are the ones who are missing more often. You make a good point about JD and his 'work,' whatever it may be on any given day. Josiah spent most of 2014 out of the house, and now Joe's at Clown College. Maybe we should start keeping our eyes peeled for the adventures of Jed & Jer next.

I'm sure that Jim Bob can 'deliver' a suitable bride to JD if he can't go to the conference. Although I guess none of the options presented to him have made the cut yet I guess. I wonder if Jana is even provided with candidates.

I been poking around at the website for this conference and archiving the more interesting (to me) information, particularly Lisle and Sproul related stuff. There are a couple other names I recognize from FJ, though I'm sure FJers who know more about Christian blowhards will know many more of these speakers than I do. Anyway, this part stopped me in my tracks:

Join Dr. Jason Lisle as he provides “a little window into the mind of God†by exploring the amazingly beautiful and complex secret code that God has built into numbers. Using fractals — types of structures that repeat infinitely on smaller and smaller scales — Dr. Lisle demonstrates that the laws of math couldn’t possibly have resulted from any kind of evolution and could only have originated from God. Fractals have no reasonable explanation in the secular/evolutionary worldview, but their intricacy, complexity, and wondrous beauty reflect the infinitely complex and inexpressibly powerful mind of the Creator.

The hubris is shocking. And offensive.

As a reminder, for FJers who didn't catch it: Ben and Jessa hung out with this guy last week and uploaded a video to Jessa's youtube that we discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25780&p=935390#p935390 and viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25780&p=938768#p938761

I been poking around at the website for this conference and archiving the more interesting (to me) information, particularly Lisle and Sproul related stuff. There are a couple other names I recognize from FJ, though I'm sure FJers who know more about Christian blowhards will know many more of these speakers than I do. Anyway, this part stopped me in my tracks:

The hubris is shocking. And offensive.

As a reminder, for FJers who didn't catch it: Ben and Jessa hung out with this guy last week and uploaded a video to Jessa's youtube that we discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25780&p=935390#p935390 and viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25780&p=938768#p938761

I saw that video elsewhere. It was hideous. And offensive to me as a non believer.

I saw that video elsewhere. It was hideous. And offensive to me as a non believer.

I know, right?! His "logic" is offensive to me as an itelligent person. The window into the mind of god comment struck me as quite blasphemous, but I'm not religious anymore, so what do I know.

This Lisle guy really pushes my buttons! :pull-hair:

One of the Duggar talks (I'm just getting started over there & don't know yet if there are more) is called PURSUING A DYNAMIC MARRIAGE and includes "establishing times of abstinence in marriage" as a talking point. So, advertising for Gothardism, then. I have homeschooling relatives in Colorado who almost went fundie (maybe they actually did for a while--I don't know them very well) and this shit just makes me so angry and scared for people who go to a seminar about "Christian" homeschooling and get cult propaganda thrown in. Awful.

JB/Michelle would know about abstinence in marriage exactly HOW? Or is that a stage of life they're going through now perhap?

One of the Duggar talks (I'm just getting started over there & don't know yet if there are more) is called PURSUING A DYNAMIC MARRIAGE and includes "establishing times of abstinence in marriage" as a talking point. So, advertising for Gothardism, then. I have homeschooling relatives in Colorado who almost went fundie (maybe they actually did for a while--I don't know them very well) and this shit just makes me so angry and scared for people who go to a seminar about "Christian" homeschooling and get cult propaganda thrown in. Awful.

Recently we've seen videos of their programme wherein the kids sing and perform their instruments and then leave JB and M to speak to the masses. I don't have the links (because I suck at that stuff) but I remember two videos where JB and M basically said the same thing: how Mama Duggar, praise God, raised her kids in a godly fashion and how Michelle stole stuff and was generally quite the heathen before repenting her sins and finding Jesus in her heart (that's where he's been hiding maybe). Then JB sees the most beautiful (and recently saved) girl in the world and a year later they fall in love etc. etc. They then instruct everyone on godly and fruitful living and strive to win a few souls for Jesus. Do we expect more of the same here, or, as it is a large conference will it be more hardcore stumping for Gothard? (I certainly don't recall them discussing periods of abstinence in those videos.) Has an FJer ever attended one of these conferences?

Recently we've seen videos of their programme wherein the kids sing and perform their instruments and then leave JB and M to speak to the masses. I don't have the links (because I suck at that stuff) but I remember two videos where JB and M basically said the same thing: how Mama Duggar, praise God, raised her kids in a godly fashion and how Michelle stole stuff and was generally quite the heathen before repenting her sins and finding Jesus in her heart (that's where he's been hiding maybe). Then JB sees the most beautiful (and recently saved) girl in the world and a year later they fall in love etc. etc. They then instruct everyone on godly and fruitful living and strive to win a few souls for Jesus. Do we expect more of the same here, or, as it is a large conference will it be more hardcore stumping for Gothard? (I certainly don't recall them discussing periods of abstinence in those videos.) Has an FJer ever attended one of these conferences?

Notice how Michelle was the ungodly sinner in the eyes of JB but JB never talks about anything he has done wrong in his life. I'm sure JB had his sinner moments when he was a young whippersnapper but it always goes back to J'chelle and mowing the grass in a bikini *gasp* and kissing some boy on prom night or behind the bleachers *horror*. What did JB do when he was a hormonal teenager? I'm sure he didn't just sit around waiting to marry J'chelle when he was 19 yrs old. I would love for a teenage love interest of JB's to surface and tell all about his sinner's heart.

JB/Michelle would know about abstinence in marriage exactly HOW? Or is that a stage of life they're going through now perhap?

I would love to hear from former ATI people on this. I suspect that Gothard has made a perversion of the old testament/traditional Jewish practice of niddah* during a good part of a woman's menstrual cycle. This will be one of the first things I look up when I get my Basic and Advanced Seminar textbooks from amazon. Basic shipped this morning! :dance:

*I'm not Jewish, and don't know much about differing sects' practices, etc, so please forgive me if I got something wrong. I'm just someone who's alarmed by fundagelicals' cultural appropriation and fetishism of Jewish practices. I keep forgetting the proper terminology here; when something impacts me on an emotional level, my ability to use facts and recall information flies out the window, lol.

I would love to hear from former ATI people on this. I suspect that Gothard has made a perversion of the old testament/traditional Jewish practice of niddah* during a good part of a woman's menstrual cycle. This will be one of the first things I look up when I get my Basic and Advanced Seminar textbooks from amazon. Basic shipped this morning! :dance:

*I'm not Jewish, and don't know much about differing sects' practices, etc, so please forgive me if I got something wrong. I'm just someone who's alarmed by fundagelicals' cultural appropriation and fetishism of Jewish practices. I keep forgetting the proper terminology here; when something impacts me on an emotional level, my ability to use facts and recall information flies out the window, lol.

Nice... I want to hear all about it! That sounds like a future thread :)

It's offensive to me as a believer! :lol: Not the fundie kind - the ordinary, imperfect-but-trying, not-gonna-get-in-your-face-about-it, can't-we-all-just-get-along kind. I wear jeans to church - gasp!! :o

Archived