IGNORED

Rocky Mountain Conference - Duggars, Swanson, Others

luv2laugh

The important question is will Jim Bob and Michelle be able to contract Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever while in Colorado?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping to report changes to the conference webpage and Duggar appearance--I haven't looked at it yet myself.

They claim they have the whole Duggar Family coming. Music from the children (ouch) and a talk from Ma and Pa. Probably giving advice about what to do (perfectly) when a son makes a mistake and molests your daughters.

Who goes to these scholckfests? Maybe the Creation Museum will be there with a traveling diorama of humans riding dinosaurs.

The organizers made this statement:

We have confirmed that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar will be joining us on Friday evening of the conference. They humbly desire that the evening be focused on how the Gospel has penetrated their lives and given them hope in the trials that Christian families face. We anticipate an evening of reflecting upon the repentance, forgiveness, and healing that Jesus brings as we walk meekly before Him – even through the tough times.

Given the recent events in their lives, Jim Bob and Michelle asked that Friday evening be the only time that they speak at the 2015 conference. They also decided that it would be best for their children not to attend.

The event is included in full conference registration, and we encourage families to come hear this powerful testimony of the gospel’s work in our lives, but all attendees must be registered* for the 2015 Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family to attend. (This includes grandparents and children attending with your full conference pass.) Register online here.

Seating is limited, and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The evening session starts at 7:00 p.m.; doors open at 6:00 p.m. We are anticipating a full house, so please plan on arriving early!

The CHEC Board of Directors

The organizers made this statement:

No one needs to pay money to see them speak, then. Did the best we could, forgiveness, brought us closer to god, strengthened our faith, applause.

Spanky and Kevin Swanson are picking up the slack. Also, I just realized another speaker, Dr. SM Davis, seems to have close ties to IBLP, but I don't know how far back they go. This whole exercise feels like a pretext to get homeschoolers all in one room and then do a bait and switch from educational material to fundie propaganda pitch. :pull-hair:

I just hope someone boos Boob & J'Chelle if they start talking trash. I know, most of the people there are going to be fundie leghumpers, but maybe there are some people who still have a bit of common sense. :pray:

Notice how Michelle was the ungodly sinner in the eyes of JB but JB never talks about anything he has done wrong in his life. I'm sure JB had his sinner moments when he was a young whippersnapper but it always goes back to J'chelle and mowing the grass in a bikini *gasp* and kissing some boy on prom night or behind the bleachers *horror*. What did JB do when he was a hormonal teenager? I'm sure he didn't just sit around waiting to marry J'chelle when he was 19 yrs old. I would love for a teenage love interest of JB's to surface and tell all about his sinner's heart.

In the Duggar book which I bought on Amazon USED (because I'm not going to give the Duggars a penny of my money), Jim Bob did admit to a criminal act. When he was selling used cars, he would often sell other people's used cars on consignment. One time, he sold a car, but couldn't get in touch with the seller to sign the title. He "thought" the seller had just "forgotten" to sign it, so he just forged the seller's signature. When he finally got in touch with the seller to let her know her car had been sold, she said she would come in to sign Title over and he had to confess....

But what an idiot! It's a crime to forge someone's signature on a document! This is not like signing your husband's name on his charge card (which is still technically a crime). This is forgery of a major kind! He was a grown man, and committed forgery.

Anyway, I guess Jim Boob fessed up to the lady and all was forgiven.

But seriously, this guy calls himself a Christian? Seems just like a greasy used car salesman to me (and I apologize for comparing Jim Boob to all Used Car Salesmen out there; no one deserves to be lumped in with him).

Now, the Conference Board of Directors has issued this statement: "Given the recent events in their lives, Jim Bob and Michelle asked that Friday evening be the only time that they speak at the 2015 conference. They also decided that it would be best for their children not to attend."

Previously, Michelle had been scheduled to present two workshops and Jim Bob was to present one workshop. All the kids were supposed to sing and perform at the big evening event and then Ma and Pa would give a presentation.

http://chec.org/a-note-from-the-chec-bo ... e-duggars/

In the Duggar book which I bought on Amazon USED (because I'm not going to give the Duggars a penny of my money), Jim Bob did admit to a criminal act. When he was selling used cars, he would often sell other people's used cars on consignment. One time, he sold a car, but couldn't get in touch with the seller to sign the title. He "thought" the seller had just "forgotten" to sign it, so he just forged the seller's signature. When he finally got in touch with the seller to let her know her car had been sold, she said she would come in to sign Title over and he had to confess....

But what an idiot! It's a crime to forge someone's signature on a document! This is not like signing your husband's name on his charge card (which is still technically a crime). This is forgery of a major kind! He was a grown man, and committed forgery.

Anyway, I guess Jim Boob fessed up to the lady and all was forgiven.

But seriously, this guy calls himself a Christian? Seems just like a greasy used car salesman to me (and I apologize for comparing Jim Boob to all Used Car Salesmen out there; no one deserves to be lumped in with him).

Shady, crooked bastard. Cant believe he admitted that. I wonder what else he did but didn't tell.

I been poking around at the website for this conference and archiving the more interesting (to me) information, particularly Lisle and Sproul related stuff. There are a couple other names I recognize from FJ, though I'm sure FJers who know more about Christian blowhards will know many more of these speakers than I do. Anyway, this part stopped me in my tracks:

The hubris is shocking. And offensive.

As a reminder, for FJers who didn't catch it: Ben and Jessa hung out with this guy last week and uploaded a video to Jessa's youtube that we discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25780&p=935390#p935390 and viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25780&p=938768#p938761

Jessa and Ben Bob aren't evolved enough understand fractals. :fsm:

let's face it we all knew in the wake of the scandal Jim Bob and Michelle would cancel their speaking appearance after all they might be met with protesters which some people I knew actually were planning to protest had they come here. Not also to mention how thick the air would be even with the fundies and leg humpers, they would be so tempted to ask questions about how they handled Josh and how the girls feel about him if Joyanna and Jana were there. I personally like to listen to Kevin Swanson podcasts and snark on them, even got my friend listening on our roadtrip and it was a Snarkfest. :) If anyone would like me to recap what he talks about each day today I'd be glad to do that, it's actually quite fun to listen to the ludicrous amount of bigotry and hate that comes forth. Such is when he talked about the movie Avengers age of Ultron with his daughter, who I swear been drugged with how she talks. His most amusing Podcast has to be a three way tie between Hunger Games, How to train your dragon demon, or Frozen. He really shouldn't criticize things he doesn't even watch, sad Geoff Botkin actually does his research.

Btw, I tipped off the News to Bill Jack trying to get Azucar Bakery in trouble because that smug mf bragged about it on the radio program. :lol:

Archived