IGNORED

Religious Delusionment

roddma

That's very interesting. I wonder what it is about Christianity that makes it a component in delusions so much more than other religions.

That's very interesting. I wonder what it is about Christianity that makes it a component in delusions so much more than other religions.

Does it? It's not like many other religions don't have visions, mystical components, altered states of consciousness and all the various bits. The type might vary- the apocalyptic/triumphalistic visions common in Christianity and other monotheistic faiths don't seem to be as much a part of eastern faiths, but they have visions of other things. I suspect we just hear about it because that's what we're exposed to in the west.

Does it? It's not like many other religions don't have visions, mystical components, altered states of consciousness and all the various bits. The type might vary- the apocalyptic/triumphalistic visions common in Christianity and other monotheistic faiths don't seem to be as much a part of eastern faiths, but they have visions of other things. I suspect we just hear about it because that's what we're exposed to in the west.

Christianity probably gets the brunt of these assumptions because it is the most relatively common religion in the West. Oh, that and Christianity is the largest religion in the world.

Archived