IGNORED

Jessa Duggar-Seewald Is Pregnant - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Thanks for finding this and suggesting where to start. These regulations bring up several unrelated questions, so bear with me, FJ. :geek: (bolding mine)

Pretty self explanatory. Lay midwife is a-ok for low risk.

Does "The following conditions preclude midwife care and care must be transferred" mean doctor only, hospital only, or something else? In any case, point 4 applies to Izzy's L&D, it seems. Point 1 applies to any of Jill's future pregnancies. Sorry, Jill.

It's really late early here, and I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'll leave it up in case it comes back to me later. I feel silly for asking, but who was Jill's midwife? I don't remember ever seeing a name.

Aha, OK. So these are the regulations for a LAY midwife. Transfer of care means the lay midwife must transfer the patient to a doctor or CNM:

"216. “TRANSFER OF CAREâ€: Client’s care is transferred to a Physician or Certified

Nurse Midwife when complications arise beyond the scope of midwifery practice

as defined in these regulations. " So previous c-section must be cared for by doctor or Certified Nurse Midwife.

So maybe we need to find the regulations for CNM in Arkansas.

I have company coming for a morning event, so I have to run, but here's links to:

* Arkansas Rules and Regulations for Freestanding Birth Centers: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutad ... center.pdf

* This list of state laws regarding VBAC says AR says no to VBAC in non-hospital settings: http://www.azdhs.gov/als/midwife/docume ... -br-mg.pdf (similar to the first link I put up yesterday-ish)

* AHA! Here is the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Arkansas. CNMs are covered in here. But I can't read through; back later: http://www.arsbn.arkansas.gov/lawsRules ... 07__5_.pdf

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, homeboy Izzy has some Flintstone feet going on there.

That is one huge baby. I don't know tons about babies, but if I didn't know who these people were and you showed me the pic and asked me to guess how old the baby is, I'd have guessed something like 6 months old.

I bet Jessa is silently praying that baby Seeweed isn't that big....

Do you recognize the template they used, or did one of them create it and the other copy-pasted?

Weebly comes with premade templates, but they all look pretty similar (hence we can tell)

He is big but definitely nothing like a 6 month old. Not in size and not in appearance. 6 month old babies look so cute and not overly pink and squishy like that.

I don't think Jill learned much from Venessa. Sigh. Remember, she's the Duggar daughter who was " in charge" of monitoring Michelle's fetal heart tones with the hand- held doppler while the family was on vacation. Fetus Jubilee was dead and Jill was still reporting a normal fetal heart rate, which is 120-160 beats per minute. Nothing at all like the " swoosh" of 60-90 beats per minute heard in an adult abdomen from the abdominal aorta. Finding and accurately counting FHTs is probably the most basic part of maternal/ prenatal care, too.

IF she didn't realize how little she knew after that horrible, melodramatic, drawn out fetal demise, then she is more arrogant ( or dumb) than I can imagine anyone being.

WHAT? I haven't seen any of the Jubilee episodes. This seriously happened? Jill was monitoring Michelle on vacation but the baby was already dead? Do we know what the baby died exactly?

I just don't see Venessa as the kind of person who would want to take the chance of doing anything risky, but i could be wrong. How sad. I haven't read details about Jill's delivery but it sounds like in her case they were holding out for a stupid miracle or some ego thing. :| Thank goodness everything turned out okay, as far as we know.

Well she posted an article on her Facebook recently about how you shouldn't get antibiotics for step b soooooooo yea. The medical board aren't just a bunch of assholes sitting there trying to make people miserable, she must have done something wrong.

Well she posted an article on her Facebook recently about how you shouldn't get antibiotics for step b soooooooo yea. The medical board aren't just a bunch of assholes sitting there trying to make people miserable, she must have done something wrong.

It makes me wonder what her definition of antibiotics was in the case where she was found negligent. We all see how essential oils and other alternative treatments get portrayed as on the same level as pharmaceutical medicines, and there's also the possibility of the use of actual antibiotics that aren't actually effective (or sufficiently effective) in that situation.

Dang, homeboy Izzy has some Flintstone feet going on there.

Came here to say THIS. Those are some huge freaking feet. Are we sure he isn't actually going to grow up to be Godzilla?

She says she's due November 1, but some of us think she'll go earlier.

But it would be oh so special if she gave birth on her 1st wedding anniversary though.

Aw, poor little guy. Kids who are lots bigger than the average kid their age get a lot of crap from grownups and kids alike. :( (Grownups because they refuse to acknowledge that a 5'6" 10 yo is still just a 10 yo and expect him to act like a teen or something. It's obnoxious especially when they KNOW how old the kid is and still treat him shitty.)

Says the woman with three extraordinarily tall kids.

this 1000% on all levels - you should have seen me Tuesday - you would have thought a cat died :D

but now I can enjoy the ride - and I LOVE YOUR POST

:worship: :worship: :worship:

11011762_569549589814955_8891374264554917095_n.jpg?oh=1344b6dd1a01b91d6c681f3c14e6fc93&oe=55CCE935

This picture of Jess reminds me of one of those Mormon wives who runs a bad blog but still manages to get 1mil followers.

She could post her cute but modest materinity wear and it'll all be c/o from fundie businesses. She'll call Jinger to take her photos, of course. She'll be just like Cara Loren. (But I can't decide who's hair is worse).

But it would be oh so special if she gave birth on her 1st wedding anniversary though.

My prediction:

Jessa gives birth at home in mid-October, but because of how precious and special it would be to deliver on her first wedding anniversary, she, Bin, the midwife, the Duggars and TLC hide it from the world and announce it on November 1st as though it has just happened that very day. They act in public and on the show as though the child's birthday is November 1st, but, because legal documents would have to have the child's true birth date, sooner or later someone notices it doesn't jive with the official birth date and posts it on the internet, shattering the precious illusion.

My prediction:

Jessa gives birth at home in mid-October, but because of how precious and special it would be to deliver on her first wedding anniversary, she, Bin, the midwife, the Duggars and TLC hide it from the world and announce it on November 1st as though it has just happened that very day. They act in public and on the show as though the child's birthday is November 1st, but, because legal documents would have to have the child's true birth date, sooner or later someone notices it doesn't jive with the official birth date and posts it on the internet, shattering the precious illusion.

Brilliant post - not only would I not put that past them - I can go one step further - I think he wanted to wait to announce after this 20th birthday but because of all the media events they have been doing - they had to - plus how much can one hide -

Ben hasn't posted since april 14 - not one word - I think someone told him to not advertise the teenage father stuff - I think once he hits 20 - possibly he might post - but of all the people to crow - I thought he would be crowing the loudest.

I think something is already up - and not in a good way

he is way to young to be dealing with this

I also don't think Jessa will post anything about herself - it's all IDDY - on her instagram

This picture of Jess reminds me of one of those Mormon wives who runs a bad blog but still manages to get 1mil followers.

She could post her cute but modest materinity wear and it'll all be c/o from fundie businesses. She'll call Jinger to take her photos, of course. She'll be just like Cara Loren. (But I can't decide who's hair is worse).

Like this one?!?!?!?! mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.com/

u96jkki.jpg

edit: wrong pic

That is one huge baby. I don't know tons about babies, but if I didn't know who these people were and you showed me the pic and asked me to guess how old the baby is, I'd have guessed something like 6 months old.

I bet Jessa is silently praying that baby Seeweed isn't that big....

Looks like he might have been stuck and engaged for a while...it looks like there's a ridge above his ears going around his head that's not as visible in the forehead or in the other pics.

And, yes, some 6 month olds are that size...he is definitely in 3-6 month size clothing...but 6-month-olds would not still have their arms all folded up like that. He's still in that newborn fetal-type position.

Looks like he might have been stuck and engaged for a while...it looks like there's a ridge above his ears going around his head that's not as visible in the forehead or in the other pics.

And, yes, some 6 month olds are that size...he is definitely in 3-6 month size clothing...but 6-month-olds would not still have their arms all folded up like that. He's still in that newborn fetal-type position.

what does that mean - newborn fetal type position.

and this picture looks more recent - and cuter - the bottom left one is just to cute

11189802_933527410020419_2067028094_n.jpg

I wonder if he's just a naturally big baby or Jill ate peanut butter cups every day...

You know...I've been thinking about this lately...

I also had a very big baby with complications for my 2nd. I was a stay at home mom at that time because my first had so many food allergies that no daycare would take her. So with not much to do, and a huge focus on home-cooking food that was safe for my young one, I did eat lots of healthy food. You know, the whole 5-fruits and veg-a day thing and all. I would walk every day with the stroller, but honestly that's not a lot of exercise. And Jilly has been photographed at the (WalMart employee?) gym with Derick, but not doing much of anything.

So I am thinking I probably ate too many calories...even though it was ALL HEALTHY FOOD...that helped grow a big baby. Because I did not have much else to do in a small house with a toddler. I am thinking Jill may have done the same thing She doesn't have anything else to do EXCEPT take care of herself. (Bananas photo, anyone?) You don't have to eat peanut butter cups all the time to gain weight...just eating a lot of healthy fruits and nuts and vegs will do it, too. "Healthy" food can make you fat, too. SO I'm wondering if, as Dillies 4 and 5 come around, her babies will get smaller as she goes along, because she will have other things to focus on in her life, besides just eating right.

Those are very cute pics of I'Dilly.

By newborn-type fetal position, I mean this (from kidshealth.org): "During the first several weeks, you'll notice that much of the time your baby will tend to keep his or her fists clenched, elbows bent, hips and knees flexed, and arms and legs held close to the front of his or her body. This position is similar to the fetal position during the last months of pregnancy."

Like this one?!?!?!?! mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.com/

u96jkki.jpg

edit: wrong pic

Are those ... NAMES written on the chalkboard next to her?

I'm sorry, I spent the first 18 years of my life spelling my name out for people until I just up and moved to the country it came from. I get why immigrant parents give their kids names from their own culture, but I have no sympathy for parents who just make shit up.

Are those ... NAMES written on the chalkboard next to her?

I'm sorry, I spent the first 18 years of my life spelling my name out for people until I just up and moved to the country it came from. I get why immigrant parents give their kids names from their own culture, but I have no sympathy for parents who just make shit up.

Yep, those are names. Her kid is three-ish now, maybe, and her name is Laikynn. The blog is sooooo snarkable, imo, and totally worth looking at.

Gah, that woman is SO Mormon. The previous owners of my house were like super Mormons. They had a tapestry of Joseph smith above the mantle lol.

I can't decide which is worse...McKarty or Nayvie. I'm leaning towards McKarty because it could so easily be made into McFarty...

I have heard of some (lay) midwives in the homebirthing community recommending garlic to "treat" strepB. See: hurtbyhomebirth.blogspot. com/2011/03/wrens-story-on-1st-anniversary-of-his.html?m=1 (Trigger warning: loss of child)

PS I hope I broke the link properly?

I wonder if he's just a naturally big baby or Jill ate peanut butter cups every day...

Her husband looks pretty tall, so my guess is that it's genetic.

You know...I've been thinking about this lately...

I also had a very big baby with complications for my 2nd. I was a stay at home mom at that time because my first had so many food allergies that no daycare would take her. So with not much to do, and a huge focus on home-cooking food that was safe for my young one, I did eat lots of healthy food. You know, the whole 5-fruits and veg-a day thing and all. I would walk every day with the stroller, but honestly that's not a lot of exercise. And Jilly has been photographed at the (WalMart employee?) gym with Derick, but not doing much of anything.

So I am thinking I probably ate too many calories...even though it was ALL HEALTHY FOOD...that helped grow a big baby. Because I did not have much else to do in a small house with a toddler. I am thinking Jill may have done the same thing She doesn't have anything else to do EXCEPT take care of herself. (Bananas photo, anyone?) You don't have to eat peanut butter cups all the time to gain weight...just eating a lot of healthy fruits and nuts and vegs will do it, too. "Healthy" food can make you fat, too. SO I'm wondering if, as Dillies 4 and 5 come around, her babies will get smaller as she goes along, because she will have other things to focus on in her life, besides just eating right.

I have a crack theory that she stuffed her face because she wanted to have the baby bump asap.

Archived